GLAMGLOW Mud Mask

3.2

Aqua (Water), Montmorillonite (Volcanic Minerals), Kaolin (French Sea Clay), Magnesium Aluminium Silicate (Purified Clay), Polyethylene, Pumice (Micro Volcanic Rock), Camellia Sinesis Leef (Green Tea Leef), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tee), Chamomilla Recutica Flower Extract (Chamomile), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Marigold), Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedara Helix Extract (Ivy), Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey Herb), Lavandula Hybrida Oil (Lavender), Glycerin (Vegetable), Parfum, [Benxyl Benzonate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool], Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Prpylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

on 1/1/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

AMAZING! I love this stuff! I've always had a problem with congestion, especially with stubborn blackheads around my t-zone but glamglow actually removed the majority (almost all) of it! I was so impressed. I would recommend this to everyone!

on 1/1/2015 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is an okay mask. If I had used it prior to the Supermud Cleansing Mask then I would probably like this one better. In my eyes, this mask it pretty much the same as the Supermud but without the pore clearing benefits. I'd say dish out the money for the Supermud instead of this one because you will get more out of the Supermud mask.
Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate this mud mask I just don't see many benefits from it. It did leave my skin exfoliated and not irritated but it didn't blow me out of the water. I am happy though that it didn't irritate or cause me to break out the couple times I have used it. I will most likely only use this for when I want to pamper my skin a bit or when my skin just needs a bit of a pick me up.Using this in the shower is the best for me because the mask does have a bunch of like leafy things and I found it to be a pain to wash off in the sink.
So in the end, I won't dish the money out for the full size of this mask just because I don't see enough benefits from using it. But it isn't a terrible mask in any way, it is pretty decent but there are others on the market like this one that are cheaper and do the exact same thing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of the worst products I have purchased. I read so many reviews on this before purchasing. Along with being a Amazon top seller, I thought what can go wrong. After using this product it brought me out in 15 spots! It does state it's suppose to clear your skin and may break you out, so why would anyone use this if it will make you look worse? It is good for clearing out black heads on your nose and closing pores. But that is it! I was lucky to return this product on Amazon for a full refund. I was just left with a mess to clear up! Even without the spots my skin was dry and sore afterwards!

on 12/22/2014 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the most expensive exfoliant I've ever purchased. I bought the .5 oz size since it's $19 vs. $69 for the full size jar. Honestly, if I had paid $69, I would've been pissed. First - the small jar is only good for 3 uses so I imagine the full sized jar is only good for 6 uses - which is a rip off for $69. The product itself is difficult to get out of the jar, and they don't provide any kind of spatula so you have to scoop it out with your fingers - not the most sanitary method. It's very much clay based with tea leaves as part of the formula, so when applied, you will find bits of leaves on your face. Don't panic - the leaves are supposed to be there. Anyhow, the stuff burned - it didn't tingle, it burned, but only for maybe 15-20 seconds. Once the mask started to dry, the burning sensation went away. I followed the instructions to the letter and was pleased with the result. My skin felt smoother and tighter and I did notice a glow to it. That said, I get the SAME EXACT RESULTS from my drugstore exfoliant by Simple skin care at a fraction of the cost. I will not purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Based on other reviews I read of this product, I imagine it is not the best for people with sensitive skin.

My experiences with it have been very positive. I used a small amount of it and gently rinsed it off while rubbing it into my skin with circular motions. I felt no irritation, and my skin looked great afterwords. It exfoliated the dry patches around my skin that have resulted from the sub-zero winter weather perfectly. I followed it up wtih the Glamglow Thirstymud mask. I have been using it twice a week for the past 3 weeks, and have really been enjoying it.

It may not be as drastically phenomenal as the Thirstymud or Supermud, but it works excellently for dry, non-sensitive skin, smells amazing, and is definitely worth using if your skin can handle a harsher exfoliate.

on 11/21/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have used masks that were cheaper and better than this. While it dries pretty quickly and flattens some of the pimples I have, it does sting my skin for a while after application. It does rinse off well and it helps with congestion on my cheeks and forehead. Aztec Healing mask works just as well and I usually add just a drop or two of rosewater and honey to it since my skin is oily and sensitive and it works just as well, if not better. However this is a bit more hydrating on its own. It is not a bad product, just over-hyped in my opinion. Sephora might have samples, so I would just test it out before purchasing the jar size.

on 11/16/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got a trial size of this at Sephora because I love GlamGlow's Hydrating Treatment. This stuff isn't terrible but it certainly doesn't live up to the GlamGlow line. It has tiny leaves in it and I'm not entirely sure what their purpose is. It exfoliates but I don't see much difference between this and a regular drug store line exfoliator. It didn't do what I hoped it would do. Regular bentonite clay does more than this stuff.

on 11/15/2014 8:13:00 PM

I agree with what user @stkh said about this mask. I also like the green tea smell. I had originally purchased the small jar for $19 at Sephora and really liked how the tingling sensation "soothed" my inflamed hormonal skin - I was a fan and repurchased as soon as possible. However, upon recent uses, I am no longer a fan. I find the tingling sensation irritating. I even find the mask to be overly drying as it dries. The texture, overall, is irritating too. I will use up what I have, but don't plan to buy it again. There other brands that offer anti-aging, deep cleansing, exfoliating properties.

on 11/11/2014 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is an insult to the rest of the glamglow line (supermud & thirstymud.) The formula is shit that doesn't spread onto the skin easily with huge chunks of leaf! It burns in an uncomfortable way and if it gave me great results I would be okay with it but it absolutely did not. Not to mention its expensive as hell for a tiny jar that completely DRIED UP in two months even though the cap was on it 100% properly and tight. SUPER disappointed in this product, I wish the supermud came in this size jar as I have noticed that it is much smaller???? Also they should be in tubes or something for hygienic reasons, it's 2014- we can do better. Would never recommend this product and it dried my skin out terribly. This is a GLAMNO

on 11/4/2014 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Several months ago, I found a full sized jar of this at Marshall's for $39.99 and decided to finally buy it after getting a sample last year and enjoying it. This mask tingles, almost painfully, when I put it on. It dries very tight and I'm not a huge fan of the seaweed clumps that are in it. When washing it off, it does a decent job of exfoliating and because of that, it does leave a brightening effect but that only lasts a short time too. I've used it once a week since purchasing it and I will finish the jar but I still can't shake the feeling that it's really not worth the price at $40, let alone at the full price of $70! I feel like this is a prime example of a product being hyped up and just not living up to those expectations.