Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

4.4

Water, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Agar, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Grandis, Citrus Medica Limonum, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Fragrance

on 3/8/2015 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This as is as close to hg as I think I will get. No breakouts or clogs with it. It removes easily with my regular cleanser and it's not expensive. It has also been reformulated with a pa++++ which I still need to order but I do worry about that because of my acne prone skin. I am tempted to try out the watery gel as well which has the bonus of titanium dioxide I can't tell you how many sunscreens I've tried. From euro, us and other Japanese sunscreens. The only other one that my skin did OK with was the replenix sheer physical but something in it wasn't working for my skin. Other Japanese ss broke me out clogged me dried out my skin, left a white cast etc. Euro ss are thick and heavy ( as well as breaking me out, white cast). The only con is that it is not completely matte and it doesn't stay put if you sweat but it doesn't advertise itself too. For everyday use that's okay. I will say that I wish it would be fragrance free.

Update: 04/04/15 I'm currently testing out the Biore watery gel. It's only been 3 days. Hopefully all goes well. I thought I had checked the ingredients carefully but I realized the watery gel has some ingredients that may cause me some problems (cetyl alcohol being one of them). Hopefully it doesn't. I also ordered the Nivea uv creamy essence which I am waiting on. If not I will go back to this ss. I need more protection now that summer is approaching and being in Los Angeles. That's the only reason I'm testing others.

on 3/4/2015 1:40:00 PM

I felt the need to write this review because I just love it so much. I've gone through 4 bottles at least! I have combo dehydrated sensitive skin. This sunscreen feels light and dries satin-matte. It doesn't control oil nearly as well as Shiseido's sunscreen but Shiseido's is also much more drying and expensive. I also love that it has SPF 50 and PA+++ which means it's UVA/UVB broad spectrum. It's a must have for me in the summer! I wore it for my 8-day trip in Orlando, FL under the scorching sun and I barely got tanned!

on 3/4/2015 1:29:00 PM

This is the best sunscreen I have ever used. Which is to say, I hate wearing sunscreen and every other I've tried has been terrible, so if this is as good as it gets then I'm happy to use it. It's effective, dries completely matte with no whitecast, and the light citrus scent doesn't irritate my skin or eyes (I use it on my eyelids with no issues). I have pretty dry skin and it is definitely a tad drying, so I use a light moisturizer or serum underneath and that keeps the flakies away for the most part. Will repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The reason I picked up this stuff is because I heard it's a tried and tested favourite in Japan, and knowing how picky Japanese women are when it comes to sun protection, I decided to try it for myself. If you hate sunscreen this is definitely for you! Light, non greasy, softening and fantastic sun protection - what more could you ask for? What I love about this is how fast and easy it is to apply, how quickly it dries, and best of all: absolutely zero residue or cast. In fact, this stuff is so light, it felt like I wasn't wearing any sunscreen at all - and I kept reapplying it just to be safe. I spent a week trudging around in the baking hot sun of southern France: I have extremely sensitive skin that burns incredibly easily and was worried about painful sunburn, but this stuff worked like a charm! This also makes a great makeup base because it soaks up excess sebum and leaves a matte but silky smooth finish, even on extremely dry skin like mine. Great stuff. I'll be using it again this summer.

on 2/26/2015 6:42:00 AM

So I just had this super buzzed sunscreen from an Asian company (got it online as I live in the UK) and unfortunately, another bluff for me (got quite a few this year so far! And we're only in March...)
I have put it right in my skin since it's supposed to be a chemical sunscreen, and after that my foundation, powder etc. By the way, Ben Nye Classical setting powder is another big disappointment.

Anyways, I've been feeling my skin itchy and tight the whole morning. When I looked at my face 3 hours later, there you go, the same oily noise as usual. I have sensitive, combination skin, dry cheeks and oily t zone. But my skin is NOT oily, must state that.

I was recommended this sunscreen as it's supposed to be smooth and all that, matte... but hasn't worked for me. I guess for people living in very humid countries, or very oily skin type... would work. But not for sensitive skin. It does sting and irritates even using a light moisturiser under this crap. Have Hydreane Light (specific for normal to combination skin) which I think is the best for my skin type, and still feel my skin burning.

Guess I should have known better. Maybe is kinda suitable (although I doubt it) for very humid, hot, sunny places, but the worst decision if you live in London or any other similar European environments.

So avoid using this SS if your skin is dehydrated (no matter if it's dry, combination like mine or oily) or you have very sensitive skin. My advice? ALWAYS avoid SS containing alcohol. That's the worst thing you can do to your skin in the long term. Trust me.

on 1/9/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This sunscreen is THE sunscreen for people who hate sunscreen...aka me. I've always hated applying the recommended amount of sunscreen because it leaves white casts and smells funky. But with this stuff, none of that happens. No white cast. Citrusy, pleasant smell. Dries in half a second. Smoothens skin. SPF 50. Get this. It's amazing. I got my grandma into using it and she loves it!

on 12/29/2014 4:36:00 PM

This sunscreen is the best sunscreen I've ever used.

It has great SPF, a good PA rating, and is so cosmetically elegant that it makes me excited to apply sunscreen.
It has a light, gel-like texture and a mild citrus-y smell, and feels very refreshing when you apply it. It dries down to a matte finish and has absolutely no white cast. It also does not break me out and I have acne prone skin.

However, it has quite a bit of denatured alcohol in it, so if that is something you avoid or you have drier skin, this sunscreen may not be the best for you. Also, the fact that I can't purchase this in a brick and mortar store is a bit of a con.

Overall, an amazing sunscreen. If you are someone who has been averse to using sunscreen out of fear of greasiness/white cast/breakouts, then I highly recommend that you try this one.

on 11/19/2014 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using the Biore sunscreen for three months now and I like their product. The sunscreen dries to a matte finish which is excellent for early mornings where you may not have time for your sunscreen to absorb fully. It's spf 50 and has a pa +++ which is great for protection against the sun's damaging effect on the skin. I apply 1/4 tsp of it on my face, if you apply less of it, you run the risk of not getting the advertised spf 50 and pa +++.

On to the negatives. First of all, the strong alcohol's odour sometimes stings my eyes. My face gets an odd finish after applying it, it looks too matte at times and my face feels very dry and tight. I wish this sunscreen was pa ++++ to get better ppd protection.

I currently have three Biore sunscreens coming to me in a few weeks, however, I may turn t another sunscreen afterwards. One more moisturizing and a pa ++++. The Hada Labo creamy uv gel is next on my hit list.

on 11/10/2014 12:19:00 AM

i love this for how simple and effective it is. i was looking for a comfortable and effective sunscreen for my oily skin in everyday use. but most products i found was irritating to my skin due to the multiple benefits they claim to deliver: whitening, anti-aging, color correction etc. this is my holygrail sunscreen: comfortable, no frills, does what it is supposed to do and affordable.

on 11/6/2014 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my all-time favorite sunscreen for 3 reasons. First, it layers beautifully under foundation, and doubles as a primer. Second, I have sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate at all. Third, the cost is so reasonable for something so cosmetically elegant.

I only experience this drying effects of this formula in the winter. To compensate, I tap a few drops of safflower oil into the skin first.

I just wish I could translate every word on the packaging and bottle.

Top Rated Biore Products