Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Arbutin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Magnesium Sulfate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Alcohol, Lecithin, rh-Oligopeptide-1, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, PVP, Platinum powder, Steareth-20, Chrysin, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide.

on 1/1/2015 12:24:00 AM

This BB cream is the best one i've used. It doesn't clog my pores, it's not heavy. perfect coverage. it's not too thick -- actually on the runny side, but it makes it easier to blend into your skin. it evens out my skin tone just enough without making it obvious i have something on my face. the scent isn't too strong and my skin doesn't react to this one like it does to the Misscha brand or Iope brand bb creams.

on 11/30/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Did not like the extremely runny consistency. Very little coverage, not even light coverage for me. I'd rather just use my normal moisturizer and be done with it.

on 10/29/2014 8:01:00 PM

This is my HG BB. I received a sample of the Black Label in my Birchbox and went to Sephora to get more, but I noticed the other types of Dr Jart BB cream, so I tried them. I really liked the way the Premium looked--it wasn't as "bright" as the Radiant one, but less dull than the Black Label (which I really do like) So I decided to buy this one. It makes my skin look PERFECT. I am 44 years old, acne prone around jawline, some skin discoloration due to sun damage and some acne scars. It covers my scarring perfectly, and makes my skin discoloration disappear. It feels great and is definitely high quality. I live in Florida so I love the SPF and love that it's a physical not chemical blocker. Initially when you put it on, you're like "whoa what the hell" but give it 5 minutes and it blends really well I have slightly olive, medium toned skin, I am NOT pale, but it still works really well. I am thrilled to have found this after trying about 5 other BB creams, both Korean and cheap drugstore brands.

on 9/2/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

It worked really well for my combination skin. It was extremely moisturizing and provided moderate coverage.

on 8/20/2014 5:04:00 AM

This product seriously broke me out, it block my pores which result in a large area of small but intensive acne around my chins and temples, wouldn't recommend it to acne-prone skin.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Makes my face dull after 5 minutes of application. My neck and face start out the same but in a couple of minutes my face gets darker/duller. I don't want to wash my face and find that it looks better without makeup.

The product works better for me in daylight and I photograph better so that's a bonus.

on 7/27/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a mini tube of this as a Sephora VIB offer -- I was thrilled to get it because I had wanted to try it for a few years. My experience with it was mixed:
The Good:
- covers redness well for a BB cream
- has a dewy, natural finish
- includes spf 45 broad-spectrum protection (zinc + titanium dioxide)
- does not cause breakouts or irritation on my sensitive/reactive/acne-prone/rosacean skin
- reasonably priced ($39 usd)
- can be found easily as it's available at Sephora

The Bad:
- seems like it never really sets completely (transfers)
- it comes in one shade only -- and that shade is very cool-toned and pinky (doesn't seem like it would match many people)

The Ugly:
- with my yellow undertones (I'm NC15), this looks almost lavender and clashes in a really obvious way. Makes me look sickly. I hope they come out with more shades because I would definitely give it another try.

Has EGF and all kinds of good ingredients that meet my very particular standards and requirements. It matches my pale pink cool Nordic skin tone perfectly and my sensitive skin loves it. The SPF is just a bonus bc I wear Skinmedica physical block underneath it, but I'd even wear this at night by itself if I were out of my MUFE HD foundation. Love it. Can't wait to try other Dr. Jart products.

on 6/6/2014 6:43:00 PM

I am OBSESSED with this product. I used to wear only Bare Minerals but it wouldn't stay on. Then I switched to Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and it did not have enough coverage for me...it was super shiny and worst of all gave me the worst break outs!! I switched over to Too Faced tinted moisturizer and it was pretty good. THEN I made the switch to Dr Jarts by suggestion from a friend. IT IS AMAZING!! It has great coverage, feels SOO smooth on my skin, wears all day, love love love. The only reason I took away a star is because it doesn't match my skin great now that it is the summer and my skin is a shade darker. I am still pretty fair as I don't tan great and it's still to light. Bummer...I love it for the summer though, it's my fav so far.

on 6/1/2014 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I went to Sephora asking for some samples of sweat-proof foundation. When I posted on thie message board, a user recommended this. I tend not to like BB Creams very well, because they give almost no coverage. But I was willing to give a try. So I got a sample of this from Sephora.

I really don't like this BB cream. There are a few reasons why. First, this comes in only one shade. It claims to be for every skintone. But I don't think it really is. The cream itself is almost a greyish color. When I first applied it, it looked AWFUL. It basically made me look like I was dead. Given a little time, it did adjust somewhat to my skin, but I've had much better color matches with other foundations.

2nd, I would describe this as sheer to light coverage. It is definitely NOT medium coverage. Due to a genetic disease, I have a lot of redness and small bumps on my face. They make me self-conscious, so I like to cover them up. But I don't want to look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. Even after applying two layers, you could still clearly see the redness under the makeup.

I also think that this is way overpriced. In my opinion, it's not even mediocre.

If you are someone who needs very little coverage, I would recommend this BB cream. But if you have anything you want to hide, this simply won't do the trick. You are better off looking elsewhere. I will probably end up throwing away the sample, and will not purchase a full-sized bottle.