John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening Spray

2.7

WATER, HYDROGEN PEROXIDE, POLYSORBATE 20, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, PHOSPHORIC ACID, VP/VA COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, POLYQUATERNIUM-47, POLYQUATERNIUM-55, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, EXT. VIOLET 2, VITIS VINIFERA, (GRAPE) JUICE EXTRACT, ALCOHOL, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA), FLOWER EXTRACT, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED EXTRACT, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT TOCOPHEROL, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL

on 8/19/2014 6:11:00 AM

I first bought this spray a few years ago. I was a student and couldn't afford to have my hair highlighted regularly and so used it between visits to the hairdressers to disguise my roots. I have dark blonde hair and have been having highlights since I was a teenager and never experienced any problems colouring my hair, I was lucky to have very long thick healthy hair, WAS being the operative word. At first I loved the spray as it really did the job well. I didn't even have to use that much of it, just a few times on my roots every few months. However about a year later my hair suddenly, started to look extremely dry and straw like, I thought I had burnt it somehow, then it broke and fell out. This was in the places I had used it, along my parting and around my face- the worst most obvious places!! It is about 2 years since the last time I used the spray and my hair is still a lot thinner, very dry and brittle and short around the front (reaching to my chin as opposed to the rest of my hair which nearly reached my bum!) I have spent hundreds on expensive conditioning products, hair oils and masks and am only just starting to feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. THIS PRODUCT DESTROYED MY HAIR. I don't normally write reviews but I don't want other pimple to make the same mistake that I did! Do not buy it!!!!!

on 7/28/2014 4:33:00 PM

Hi, I started using this product a year ago when my hair was dirty blonde and I wanted to go lighter. My hair has always been thick, down to my rib cage, and healthy. When I first started using this product I used it once every week and I loved how quickly I got results. At first it just gave me highlights and then my hair started turning red-ish. The color was really pretty but not what I wanted so I decided to keep on using the product. Eventually after 3 months of using it my hair turned a pretty golden blonde. I stopped using the product to lighten my hair around 6 months ago and now I just use it every 2 weeks to touch up the roots. I get compliments on my hair every where I go and I love the color.
I do NOT recommend using this product if your hair is already damaged or you've dyed it a lot in the past.
I also don't recommend using heat on your hair as often as you did before you started applying this product
My hair has definitely become a little damaged since I started using Go Blonder lightening spray but I keep it healthy by using shampoos and conditioners that repair breakage.
If you do a hair mask every month and use plenty of natural oils your hair will stay healthy and beautiful!

on 6/23/2014 12:11:00 PM

Okay… So I've been using this product and till now I've been quite happy with it. I have naturally dark blonde hair that has pretty highlights in the sunlight but i wanted it a bit lighter. NOT a platinum blonde but a medium gold blonde. So I've been using this every other week or so and blow drying it. No dramatic lightening effect and afterwards friends have always told me that my hair smells nice. So Positive i guess…

So just out of interest i looked it up here today. And I saw all of the damn bad reviews here. And now I'm worried. Like REALLY REALLY REALLY worried. You see, i live in germany and next year I'm going to California for an exchange year and I'm pretty excited. Now I'm really worried that by the time I'm there my hair will look like SHIT!

So many of you have been writing that their hair fell out… And now that i think about it mine might have been too. I've noticed it sure but i thought that it was due to the fact that i lack iron in my blood. Well, MAYBE ITS BECAUSE OF THIS SHITTY PRODUCT. Also my hair used to be glossy and wavy and people always told me how pretty and thick my hair was… Now i don't know if I'm imagining it or if my hair's getting thinner. I will start taking iron pills again and throw the damn thing in the garbage. Wait, let me get up right now and do it.

Ok so its in the garbage now. NEVER EVER EVER gonna color my hair again… Except with chamomile tea or something.

So please trust everyone here and don't ever ever even look at it in the shop!

Emma <3

on 5/10/2014 2:48:00 AM

i honestly LOVE this stuff. it makes my hair so much lighter and its so easy to use all i really have to do is remember to spray it in my hair after i wash it and then iron my hair as usual. also i dont know if its just me but i feel like after i use this my hair looks a bit shinier ¿ it is pretty drying but not as much as other lightening sprays i have used. overall i absolutely love this and will continue to buy it until i no longer want light hair :)

on 4/8/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

It's very simple. Only use this if you have natural blonde hair. Don't be silly and think that this contains no peroxide because it does! How else could it lighten so much without it? Read the ingredients before you use this product, again it's not rocket science! There's nothing wrong with this product it's great! Use it properly with the shampoo and conditioner and you'll have no problems. Be smart people! I love this stuff :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I HAD long natural medium brown hair. I used this product for 2 week in summer and i LOVED the results. I also thought that this would be just a temporary colour that would fade rather quickly until my roots started showing!
I didn't mind the roots at the start. Once i got a bit bored with the blonde hair i decided to go to my hairdressing salon and asked for them to dye it back to brown. The lady cut off a sample of my hair and tested the strip first and called me back later in the week with the results. She gave me bad news and told me that the brown hair dye had reacted badly with the John Frieda product and had turned my hair PINK! not only was the sample pink, it was also very BRITTLE and prone to BREAKAGE!
I had to grow out all the blonde that had been created by this product which took me 3 YEARS to get it just past shoulder length. I then decided to go back to the hair salon and got them to bleach my hair blonde because i was just fed up with how my hair was!
WILL NEVER BUY OR USE THIS PRODUCT EVER AGAIN! NOR WILL I EVER BUY ANY TYPE OF SUN-IN SPRAY SIMILAR TO THIS! THIS TREATMENT IS LIKE THE DEVIL IN THE BOTTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i am one of them who was wery impressed with the this stuff 2 years ago when i started using it. I was naturally dark blonde and one year of using it got me to platinum blonde all over. The colour was pretty good. So one summer day i woke up with my top hair broken off all around my head from 1-2 inch length. So i had one part of my hair with length to half of my back and the top of my hair only 1-2 inches long... it was pretty ugly. BUT i did not stop using it, because i liked the blonde and i thought it was still better than using bleaches or real hair colours (HOW dumb was i)? So i continued to use it... So afterr 2 years I FINALLY realized that it was really bad for my hair..

So to this point my hair was:
-gummy
-ALL of my top hair broken off in random places
-really dry
-porous
-felt and looked like it had burned
-the damaged short hair on top was fluffy and looked really bad
-much thinner than before using this s**t

So i finally i have stopped using it, but i have lost so much of my hair and it is in a terrible condition... I have tried so many products (nothing makes it better) and i have been to the hairdresser so many times for a cut, but the ends are still so bad. I would have to cut it to the length of 1 inch if i would want to get rid of all the damage..

So i just have to wait about 5 years to restore healthy hair because ofhorrile John Frieda product..

I also wrote a review on John Frieda homepage, but they did not accept the review, because obviously it was too bad for them...

on 2/4/2014 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Compeletly fried off my hair, someone asked me if I had cut bangs around my entire head. Its that bad, STAY AWAY!!!

on 1/16/2014 4:38:00 PM

With my bleached blonde hair it works well. Every now and then when i feel like renewing my root colour it helps to light and make the overall look more even and fresh. Even my hairdresser was impressed by the results!
But i wouldnt use it on a daily basis, cos i always feel my hair tend to get more frizzy and unruly, the texture changes cos of the peroxide. All and all the product works for what its made for just to be careful to use it not often.

on 1/9/2014 6:00:00 PM

I have fine, thin naturally blonde hair with the underside of my hair naturally darker and this stuff really worked for me. It didn't leave it greasy or weighed down. The big thing was after 2 weeks my hair was noticeably blonder, I began getting compliments on the gorgeous color of blonde my hair turned into. My hair dresser couldn't get over the beautiful color of blonde my hair became. I stopped using it after 2 weeks since my hair had lightened to the shade I had wanted it at and after I stopped using it my hair for the past month has remained that same shade of blonde.