Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss 002 Crystal Lilac

4.2

on 3/21/2013 9:20:00 AM

I love the color, texture and packaging of this gloss. However, the smell is so gross. Chemicals! Yuck! I am a huge Revlon fan, their quality is amazing for drugstore makeup. I don't believe in spending a lot on high end brands when lip gloss just gets kissed/worn off anyway. I'll still use it, but I wish they could have made a more pleasant scent/taste.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just LOVE this lip gloss. It goes on very smooth & gives only a hint of color. Not sticky @ all. I apply a lip liner in the same color family & then apply the gloss. I want to try another color. Great product & would definitely purchase again!! Thanks, Revlon!! :)

on 12/22/2012 12:42:00 AM

Oh, I think I've found the perfect color gloss for me! I'm a lipstick girl, but my lips have been so dry this winter I can't get enough gloss. I bought 3 Revlon Colorburst glosses and they're wonderful. The texture is great and non-sticky, they're moisturizing, and they're color-true.

Crystal Lilac is a light muted pink base with iridescent lilac undertone. It doesn't come off sparkly at all, and would still be great for daytime. It's just a very shiny cool/neutral pink when applied to my lips. It would be the perfect gloss on top of any of the MAC pale pinks: Angel, Creme Cup, Snob.

Anyone can make a lip gloss, but not everyone cane make a really special lip gloss. The amazing thing I've found with the Colorburst glosses is the depth and dimension, and Crystal Lilac is definitely more than the sum of its parts. That's why I believe that this compares in quality to Buxom and Nars glosses for that reason. The only reason I took a point off is that it doesn't seem to be very long-lasting. But this color is very special, and I've never seen anything quite like it. So I'll be buying it again and again.

on 12/3/2012 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is by far the best drugstore lipgloss to date.
For price purposes I would say Walmart offers the cheapest price, if at CVS: use your card.
It is a winner based on the color alone: a prismatic lilac-pink. Simply gorgeous.
Packaging is sturdy and the doe foot applicator really delivers a nice amount of product onto the lips.
The formula is the real kicker though as it isn't sticky, goopy or tacky or too slippery it is nice moisturizing gloss.
The pigmentation is substantial. I am Bisque 6 (W) in Lancôme Teint Miracle and it is a standout light-medium shade.
I recommend this particular lipgloss shade but really, especially since the formula has been a serious pleasure. HG!

on 9/9/2012 3:17:00 PM

I absolutely love this color! I wear it everyday to school because it's just the perfect pink nude color and it just looks so pretty on! I don't find this formula very sticky at all either, I actually find it much less sticky then some other colorburst lipglosses I have. It lasts about 4 hours without reapplying, on me. I've tried this lipgloss on a few of my friends, and it looks great on all of them! so i would say that this lipgloss would work very well for many different skintones!

on 8/30/2012 10:51:00 AM

Love this packaging! Its so polished and sleek! The formula is great - just thick enough and opaque enough to make a difference. It looks like a pink gloss with lilac microshimmers which make your lips look really pink - almost like a muted barbie kinda pink. It's hard to describe but even though its so pink it really does look different than most other pinks. It almost looks like it reflects a bluish/purple tint with the light. Still on the fence about this color probably wouldn't repurchase the color but definitely will try others in the collection!

on 8/20/2012 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this for my daughter and she really likes it. I tried it today to wear over a really light colored lipstick that is similar in color, and while it looked really pretty it stinks to high heaven! I came on here to see if anyone else felt the same or if we got a bad one. I smelled it as soon as i started to apply it. The smell is just like spoiled milk, which is pretty horrific if you haven't smelled it.
I won't re purchase these if they all smell gross like this. I can't understand why a good brand and not inexpensive lip product would smell so gross. Get with it Revlon!

on 7/23/2012 2:40:00 PM

I love this lip gloss! <3 it's a baby pink which is good for an everyday look, I think it looks good with a smokey eye as well :)

on 6/11/2012 2:52:00 AM

It's been years since I've actually wanted to wear a lip gloss. I usually hate the stickyness and every other lip gloss has been either too sheer or too pigmented. But I find that this one is just right. It goes on smooth, feels nice on the lips, and compliments just about any lip color you put underneath it. The shade is beautiful, it comes out exactly like it looks in the tube (along with the tiny flecks of pink, which look gorgeous). I actually found the feel and quality of this gloss to be comparable to the pricey chanel lip gloss. Honestly such a lovely gloss for the price. I've been very impressed with Revlon, especially their lip products. Definitely worth the money!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'd been wanting to try the CB lip glosses and specifically this color for a long time, and finally they went on sale so I nabbed one. I am a huge fan of the Super Lustrous glosses, and also like the Mineral lip glazes so I was hoping these would be another winner from Revlon. Although I love the color (sheer nude/lilac pink on me) and the shine of this gloss, the smell and taste were very chemically. I couldn't wait to wipe it off as soon as I put it on. I know that some people don't like the Mineral lip glazes for the same reason but I found these to be much worse as far as taste and smell. Also, I am allergic to Revlon lipsticks but not their lip glosses, but I appear to be mildly allergic to these. So all in all these were a bust for me. I really like the color as well the packaging (I liked that the wand was bendy as well) but I had to exchange this gloss. I'll be sticking to the other Revlon glosses from now on.

Recommended for Medium Skin