Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This stuff has been my HG mascara for a couple of years. It really gives me that slutty fake lash look I'm going for, without fake lashes, which I can't wear because they irritate my eyeballs. I try other drugstore and high end mascara"s but always come back to this one.

I hope they never discontinue it!

Best mascara I've tried so far! First one that actually holds a curl. It doesn't clump, and it gives me long, black, and absolutely perfect lashes!

One thing I don't like about this product is that it smudges despite it being waterproof. Also, if you're not used to a spoon-shaped brush, it can be quite difficult to apply.

I'm still searching for a mascara that would give me the same results as this but won't smudge. But for now, Maybelline The Falsies is definitely my HG!

on 3/6/2015 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- nice volume

CONS:
- due to its microfiber formula, there is some clumping
- difficult to remove even with makeup remover

on 3/5/2015 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

The mascara is much too wet, even when I try to wipe the excess off into the tube there is still a lot left on the brush. When I applied it to my lashes, it did not lengthen my lashes, instead it only coated it but did not give any volume either. It took a very long time to dry up as well so it smudged the top part of my lid. I am south asian with double eyelid so I have decent lashes when I curl my lashes. After only 3 applications, i found some of my lashes in the tube/lash wand. I didn't even know they were falling off. I threw it out because it was a complete mess.

on 3/5/2015 2:58:00 AM

Really overrated mascara. Such a dry formulation that it starts flaking in a matter of hours and then irritates my eyes. Gave it two chances then tossed it.

on 3/2/2015 9:08:00 PM

I would never purchase this again. It left my lashes shiny, very shiny and very spiky. I prefer a softer lash. This felt like I sprayed hairspray on my lashes. Crisp.

on 3/2/2015 7:39:00 PM

I prefer the maybelline rocket mascara to this. this claims to give the falsie eyelash look but the rocket one does it better. Also smudges easily.. do not recommend..

on 3/1/2015 8:54:00 AM

I love how it holds the curl of my eyelashes and i like that it is waterproof. The only downside i experience is that it transfer to my lower lashline after several hours. If it does not not transfer this would be my holy grail.

on 2/26/2015 10:46:00 PM

This does give a falsies effect on me, I quite like this. My fear with mascaras is smudging and ending up with panda eyes and this passed that test. Even after 6 hrs wear there was minimal smudging and it lengthened my eyelashes dramatically with no clumping. No spider legs or clumps issues either as the formula is quite wet, though because of that it also takes more time to apply and build up.

The down side is that it does weigh down my lashes even after a really good curl. Overall I really like this mascara and I'm usually rather picky with mascaras. Volume- check, length- check, smudge-less-check...perfect.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

It didn't work on me, it was either too wet or dry for my lashes, clump like spider legs.ESP I am not the type that has spider lashes easily

Popular Mascaras