Amore Pacific treatment enzyme peel

4.4

Lactose, Mannitol, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate Dextrin, Water, Zeolite, Silica, Betaine, Papain, Allantoin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract Starch, PEG-32, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Yellow 5, Green 3, Fragrance

on 2/16/2014 8:42:00 PM

What a beautiful enzyme peel, smells fresh and it really leaves your face bright and flake free. I especially love that it's a powder in a smart bottle that pours exactly the right amount you need. Although it says to pour two drops of water to get it to foam I find that just wetting your hands and face and rubbing the foam on your wet face works best. It's just lovely all around.

on 2/13/2014 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've had millia on one side of my face for years. I've tried lactic acid, retinol, and glycolic acid 40% without any luck and had given up on it. 3 uses of this stuff and they are GONE! My pores are also much smaller and my skin tone and dark marks are reduced. I love this stuff and plan to buy the large size soon.

on 1/21/2014 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was not expecting to like something from Amorepacific at all! I tried a number of their products and had issues with many, from a "hydrating" moisturiser I tried that had way too much alcohol, to their Rejuvenating Serum that had even more alcohol (and I don't mean fatty alcohol - I mean the drying SD/denatured alcohol) which caused my skin to dry out and become really red and irritated.

This is a powder, which can be a bit messy, that you pour out into your palm (or rather, the container pumps out a pre-measured amount), add water and it becomes a creamy lather that you massage into your skin for about 30-45 seconds. You only need a small amount for the whole face and neck. It has a soft feminine scent which surprisingly did not irritate my skin, in fact, I found it to be pleasant. It has no particles/beads or anything "scrubby" but instead is supposed to exfoliate with enzymes. It left my skin soft and smooth, no irritation or redness. I use it after removing make-up and cleansing. Though I get better results from leave-on chemical exfoliants, this is a nice treat to use once or twice a week - but I see no long term results or "wow factor" from this so-called peel, just nice smooth skin after use.

While this is definitely not a necessity nor miracle, if you don't mind the price, it's a nice "fluff" or extra type product. I would recommend this for any skin type, but get a sample if possible first especially if sensitive to fragrance.

TIP: If you're interested in this type of product but want something a bit more wallet-friendly, AmorePacific owns the brand IOPE - which makes IOPE's Enzyme Powder Treatment Wash. The ingredients are very similar (papain, lactose, etc) and it's about $19-25USD per bottle depending on where you purchase it. Only drawback is if you live in the US, you will likely have to order it online, but even then it will come out cheaper than Amore's option.

on 11/4/2013 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great exfoliant! Powder form that turns into a light foam, no harsh shells or beads. My skin definitely looks brighter after using it. I use it twice a week.

EDIT: I find that over time this wasn't really helping my skin. Even though it exfoliates, my skin still looked dull. I'm back to using Exfolikate by Kate Somerville.

on 9/25/2013 6:57:00 PM

I really like this exfoliant. The delivery system is pure genius, and it is nice and gentle, but effective. I am leery of scrub exfoliants for everyday use--they can be too harsh and can cause microscopic tears in the skin. But this works really well. It is expensive, but it lasts a long time. I am on my second bottle and I doubt it will be my last.

A lot of people gave this product a good review. I'm not sure how I feel about the product but I do prefer REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask more. REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask works better at unclogging pores.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This stuff is great at removing dead,flaky skin without any irritation. A little product goes a long way so I see this lasting me at least a year. Especially since I only use it twice a week...sometimes three. Well worth the sticker price.

I love the softness of my skin! It takes a few uses, but my skin is noticeably more supple and radiant.

on 12/15/2012 7:17:00 PM

I discovered this about 7 years ago. I have bad acne scarring from years of horrible acne (high school and a little after). I was looking for something to help heal my scarring (at Neiman Marcus) and the guy claimed that this stuff had "changed his skin". I was intrigued... and years later I'm convinced! I used it 2- or 3-times a week and the bottles last me for months (at $60 each). It's a deliciously smelling powder that comes out in pre-measured doses. Add a few drops of water and lather it up! Pretty cool!

Disclaimer: I'm kind of obsessed with Korean skincare products (I'm an Italian/PR male) and I love the fragrances they use.

on 4/13/2012 2:05:00 PM

I really enjoy this unique product!! Because it comes in powder form it contains minimal ingredients and it works well. My skin feels super smooth and soft immediately after use. Because it tends to dry my skin a little more than with regular washing with cleansing milk I only use it every other day. I will definitely be buying this product again. I am in LOVE with Amorepacific products now that I've finally got my hands on them!!

Popular Scrubs