Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

3.8

Skin Foundation SPF 15 – (Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% and Titanium Dioxide 1.00%) Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Silica, Magnesim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13.

This is a fantastic formula if you have balanced skin. It does not grow oily on me until the end of the day. Looks very realistic, but has buildable coverage. I like the shade "Porcelain" although it is slightly yellow on me. This is was HG for a year or so. I now prefer shades that are pinker - Cinema Secrets 511, Make Up For Ever Face & Body 38.

This is a great "real skin" foundation, but it will still give coverage addicts what they want, more so that MAC F&B and MUFE F&B. I just can't wear it much anymore since I notice the shade difference.

on 2/1/2015 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this foundation, as I have heard such great things about BB foundation and the reviews were good- but this just wasn't a win for me. After about 2 hours of wear on a normal day - my face was shiny in a few areas. I also felt the coverage was pretty light (I have pigmentation, uneven skin tone, freckles) and by the time I got medium coverage it felt a little thick to me. Disappointed. I may try the foundation stick next since it has more coverage and use it on only certain areas. This will be going back to Sephora.

on 12/27/2014 5:59:00 PM

I liked this foundation. I tried a lot before I got married and this was one of my favourites. It has a light consistency which can be built up to suit the coverage you require. A little goes a long way. I can't remember the exact shade I had but it was quite yellowy. It is a high end foundation and you definitely get what you pay for. Xx

This is the best foundation I've ever tried. It's so light weight and doesn't cake up on the skin. I normally don't wear foundation because I don't need it. However, I find that this will come in handy when I go out to day events and such.

on 12/3/2014 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It is a good coverage foundation, lasts the day, evens out skin tone and leaves a glowing and comfortable finish. However, I wear it in Warm Honey, and I find it leaves a very obvious white cast. Because of the SPF? That's too bad. Would've been a perfect foundation otherwise.

I have a hard time finding foundation I like. I've tried everything from drugstore brand to expensive department store brands. I hate how most of them look on my skin. I like the Bobbi Brown one a lot. It's watery but so what as long as it works for me.

on 10/29/2014 5:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have always *wanted* to like Bobbi Brown foundations. The colour (Sand) matches my skin perfectly. I have very pale Irish skin, but I have yellow undertones, which is quite rare. So it's wonderful to find a foundation that matches my skin.

However, this foundation just melts off my skin in a few hours! And I don't even have very oily skin, it's quite normal. It would be great if it stayed put. Not worth it for the high price.

Oh. My. Gawd. Where has this been all my life? I cringe thinking of all the times I sported masky foundation that looked obvious and left a line of demarcation around my jaw!!! To step back a bit, a LOT of this has to do with getting really honestly properly color matched, and not with the BB foundation itself. A makeup artist did this for me earlier this year as we were doing my wedding makeup trial...I am Porcelain in the BB line. (Shockingly....I didn't want to believe that I was quite THAT pale) It didn't have to wait this long...ladies, get a professional second opinion on your foundation color every so often! It's crazy how easily we can deceive ourselves without even knowing it! Anyway.
I've always been a Neutrogena or Revlon liquid foundation user, and no disrespect to those fine brands, but this is next level. The foundation melts into your skin. Many people have noted it is watery...yes, it is. But it is also buildable beyond belief. It doesn't take a lot of time to apply a second layer over areas that need extra help. I'd rather do that than use a heavier foundation all over. If you are in need of heavy-duty coverage everywhere, though, it might not be for you. At almost 50 bucks a pop, it is painful to replace, but I just replaced my first bottle and thought I should give a little shout out. It looked awesome in my wedding photos too!

on 10/6/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've only had to wear foundation since I hit 30 and got my first acne break out, since then I have had an endless struggle trying to find a foundation that doesn't break me out, doesn't look terrible on my very dry skin, suits my skin tone and doesn't have too high an SPF. Chemical SPF gives me really bad issues so I try and avoid it if I can. For some reason the SPF in this foundation doesn't give me any major issues, maybe because it's fairly low. The overall finish is perfect for my skin, it hydrates and goes on smoothly in the very dry areas, covers all the redness and hyper pigmentation I have from past acne break outs in one application, the shade Sand is the best match I've ever found for my skin tone. It does what it says it's going to do and gives me skin that looks like skin, which is no mean feat with my complicated face. I haven't noticed it giving me any break outs or making my skin any worse, I recently had a very busy weekend where I slept in it for two nights (unheard of for me ha) and my skin was fine, I have very, very reactive acne so that alone has made this my total HG foundation.

on 10/4/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a great sheer-to-medium coverage foundation, in a range of shades with rather yellow undertones. For $47, this foundation lasted me almost two years of semi-regular use. I usually used one pump for sheer coverage, and another half-pump to build up more coverage. Even though it's a liquidy/thin consistency, I applied with a stippling or flat top powder brush rather than a foundation brush or my fingers. Applying with a beauty blender made it way too sheer. My skin is a little bit oily, and while this foundation oxidizes, it doesn't do so until late afternoon or early evening, if I've put it on in the morning -- it also definitely helps to set with powder, as well as to use primer and a coat of loose powder underneath.

The only reason I won't be re-buying is that I think it might be a *smidge* too yellow for my skin. I was matched to Golden (6), and was also told that I'm an NW40 or NC45 in MAC, but I think NC45 is too yellow as well, especially once it oxidizes.