MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 12/20/2003 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is great. It comes in almost every color imaginable to even out undereyes, blemishes, and you can even contour with it. It comes in a nice easy to use container, use a Mac Concealer brush, spackle it where you need it and skip the foundation. It's that good!!!

on 12/12/2003 12:02:00 AM

It is great that this concealer is waterproof and has a spf 15 but the only thing is that it is too cakey. You need to use eye moisturizer with this, if you don't it will give you lines under your eyes even if you don't have them.

on 12/8/2003 7:52:00 AM

I have this in NW25 and it is the only concealer I have found that matches my lt. olivey/pale orange skin. Perfect match for me even can use it without any foundation and it is invisible if I blend well. Have to use a slightly damp brush on moisturised skin. Will buy again absolutely.

on 12/7/2003 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

much better than the select cover-up (tube). this has better coverage and durability. never really had a problem with creasing since i always dust on some invisible powder on top to hold. also, i have oily acne-prone skin, but never have had a problem with this concealer. I just layer medication underneath, have primer, than use this product. Voila, "perfect" skin. note: i originally was using nw20/25 until one day it struck me that asians were COOL skin tones. stupid MAC MA messed me up. now using nc20/30 and my skin looks a lot more natural.

i love this concealer. it gives good coverage, has a great selection of colours, and has good (on my normal-dry skin) lasting power. it works wonderfully for undereye circles and covers blemishes well when used with a brush. this might not work as well on oilier skins, though, because it is quite emollient.

This is terrible for concealing dark circle. It's okay at concealing zits... but I don't like having to use powder to set it.

I'm using NC-20 which is a pretty close match. But for a lower price and in a just slightly less matching shade (lighter), I rather buy TBS Tea Tree Concealer Stick(Shade 01) which never breaks me out.

It's small and portable but not very hygenic.

UPDATE: Rerating it from 3 to 5. After using it for a while, I have grown to love it. Doesn't break me out and is really useful when I have a major blemish to cover cos' it's pretty thick in consistency. =) Now that I use sunscreen, the shade is even closer to my skin tone. I have even bought a spare for my go out makeup bag. Update: This is officially my HG zit concealer.

on 11/25/2003 11:50:00 PM

This concealer (in C25) has been a mainstay in my makeup bag for a few years now. I've got dark undereye circles and this covers it very well and stays put all day. I also like that the container is hinged, unlike most pot concealers, so no loose lid to deal with.

on 11/18/2003 8:05:00 AM

I have 2 pots of this, one at work and one in my traincase. It works well and I usually just wear a bit of this with no foundation, it blends well enough to get away with that. Since it's a hard formulation, I usually hold a clean finger on the product for a few seconds to "melt" it a bit and make it blend easier into the delicate skin around my eyes. Although I like this product, I am on the lookout for a cream formulation which would be quicker to apply. NW25

on 11/10/2003 8:53:00 PM

Great concealer for very dark undereye circles! It is on the thick side but blends superbly. I apply it with a concealer brush then lightly pat with my ring finger to blend it and dust with loose powder. It does crease slightly, but not too badly. This is the best I've found for concealing my horrid allergic shiners, a definite re-purchase. NW20.

on 11/9/2003 11:26:00 AM

I bought this before I read MUA's reviews. I wanted something with lots of coverage for my undereye area. Initially, I didn't like it b/c it looked very cakey on me and made me look older.

Then I read that a MAC SA recommended to someone to mix it with some Fast Response, then apply it.

ETA: this worked for a while but it still looks cakey. the search continues...

Top Rated MAC Products