Dior Diorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

on 9/29/2007 4:31:00 PM

I have tried many different mascaras in the search of the perfect mascara. This mascara does not live up to the hype. If you want long beautiful lashes, use Definicils

on 9/28/2007 6:18:00 PM

The first week i used Diorshow, it was GREAT. I'd never seen such great lashes. I even went out and bought another tube in a different color. A few weeks later, the tube has dried out and now its just like any other mascara, especially a few hours after I apply it. :-(

on 9/28/2007 2:57:00 PM

Why didn't I buy this stuff sooner? I honestly don't know what all the complaints are about. This is the best mascara I've ever used--hands down. I've tried every mascara imaginable, it seems. Everything flakes, clumps, smears, etc. Lately, I've been having issues with flaking. I can't count how many different formulas I've used in the past few months!
The price is a tad bit daft, but for the results I get, I really don't care.
The results? Long, plump, feathery lashes. I apply starting at the base, wriggling the brush back and forth. I honestly get the same results with this as I do with false lashes. It stays put-- in fact, I have to use olive oil at night to remove it (otherwise it won't budge). No, this isn't the waterproof formula.
I dig the big brush, as well.
I find I have to put a little more on than I have before with all the other mascaras I use... but then again, when I remove the wand from the tube, it's not all gloppy and disgusting.

on 9/28/2007 1:46:00 PM

This mascara rocks! I already have decently long lashes, and they are dark, but wow, a little bit of this stuff, and POW, glam! Most other mascaras leave me with dark circles under my eyes by the end of the day (I problem I could go without seeing as how I already have that problem naturally). But not this stuff! It stays on all day, and washes off clean at night, with no eye makeup remover necessary.

on 9/27/2007 5:50:00 PM

Flakes off :(

on 9/27/2007 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

OH MY GOD, This mascara is just horrendous. It's so awful, I had to review it. Not only is this mascara overrated, it's disgusting. Yes, it's expensive, but it's about the same price I pay for all my mascaras so I'm not even considering the price for this review! I have decent enough lashes, but with a few pumps from Shu Uemura, they are huge and curly. I put this mascara on, and was impressed - it looked great! Three hours into it, I am running to do a quick spot check and ew - my eyelashes have flounced, there is no curl anymore AND I am dousing a bottle of Visine in my eye because there are flakes everywhere from Diorshow. If you are into the super trashy, four spikes, clumpy mess that I was into in high school, this is your mascara - Grab it at your local Sephora, or run to Walgreens and grab some Maybelline Great Lash. If you're looking for a long, full FRINGE of curly, glossy, jet black lashes, get away! Run to Fiberwig, Fresh, or BeneFit!!

While I was doing a summer internship this year, I befriended this woman, a beautiful blonde with puny lashes. I knew she wore foundation and blush, but was sure she didn't wear anything else, and she didn't need to. I was in the office really early one morning and ran into her, she was doing her makeup. I chatted with her while she put on her foundation, and then kept watching - she was putting mascara on! I was shocked - what could she possibly use? The mascara had to be the most ineffective on the planet, as her lashes were always short, thin, and sparse. The mascara? DIORSHOW, of course!!

on 9/27/2007 10:33:00 AM

Love, love, love this stuff! The only small problem is it starts getting majorly clumpy and too thick in the tube after about a month. This mascara does seem to give slight raccoon eyes by the end of a long night, but what mascara with this much volume and thickness doesn't? I'm guessing the waterproof version may solve this, but I have not tried it yet. I would rather use this than something like Great Lash because the formula seems more pigmented and smoother to me.

I received a small sample of DiorShow Mascara (using RetailMeNot.com), and when I first opened it, the brush was just as big as the actual bottle! LOL.. I was NOT expecting that.

Anyway, it smelled nice, which was a first, as most mascaras usually smell very chemical-y and very much like paint thinner. I normally curl my lashes before putting on my mascara to set it, so I curled 'em with my trusty Shu Uemura eyelash curler, and did a light coat of DiorShow on there.

So far, so good. No clumps, clean, lengthening, and wonderful............ but it didn't set my lashes the way the current cheapie mascara I'm trying out (Maybelline Great Lash) did.

Hmm. Maybe it's just me.

But my lashes did look long, much softer, not clumpy at all, but not very voluminous or lush, but long, nonetheless. Just a shame you couldn't see HOW long, considering my curled lashes weren't set in place by DiorShow. They kind of just sunk back down to being normal, uncurled lashes...

I also found that it didn't really smudge, given it's not a waterproof mascara (right?) and it didn't flake, so that's a plus. I'm usually dabbing at the corner of my eyes at the end of the day, trying to remove any black flakes.

I've been trying it out for about a week now, and so far.. not so thrilled, ONLY because it doesn't properly set my curled lashes (I view mascara as a hairspray of sorts for eyelashes), and curling my lashes, REALLY makes me look awake and alive.. When I don't curl my lashes, I will guarantee that someone, that day, will look at me and ask why I look so tired or if I'm sad. :P

So.. my verdict is: Not worth the $31 for my personal preferences, but!! if you are a girl who has naturally gorgeous thick lashes (and we all hate you for it), and you want length more than volume, then this is THE best mascara to use.

But me, I'm stickin' to my cheapie Maybelline Great Lash, and maybe trying a higher end Maybelline mascara after (I'm makin' the rounds....)

- FB continued >>

on 9/26/2007 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

My lashes are a decent length on their own. Most mascaras tend to make my lashes look spikey, not full. Diorshow thickens my lashes pretty well from root to tip. And my eyes don't look overdone. This is the best mascara I've used in a long time and I will repurchase even though it's pricey. I gave 5 lippies overall but I took a lippy off packaging quality because the tube seemed to either run out of product or the product is drying out. I usually change tubes every other month anyway, so it seems to be running out in the 6-8 week timeframe for me. Would like to try to make it last 3 months, but then my eyes usually start bugging me regardless of which brand I'm using.

My HG of mascaras. It gives me huge lashes without clumps. I definitely have to curl my lashes before applying this one, though, because it's a pretty heavy, thick formula, and I don't want my lashes sticking out from my eyes at a 90-degree angle. The scent doesn't bother me at all, but I know it does others. It does take about three coats to get the results I want, but once I get those results, whoa, look out! I feel like a true vamp. It has to be precisely applied, which can be a bit difficult due to the big brush, but it's easy to get the hang of. I'll always have a tube of this stuck in my Sephora cosmetics case!

Popular Mascaras