MAC Sheertone Blush in Peachykeen

4.4

Ingredients List: Talc, Octyldodecyl Steroyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Zeolite, Otyldodecanol, Dehydroacetic Acid, BHT, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocynide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) .

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Very pretty sheer and shimmery peachy blush. The girl that described it as a "dirty peachr" was spot on. It's subtle and beautiful, and gives a very pretty shimmery glow. I love this color. It looks very nice with a good tan, and really brings out my blue eyes. This is a keeper. I'm a MAC NW25 and this looks great on me!

on 3/7/2008 10:11:00 AM

MAC has one of the nicest blushes.. and it is easy to apply and yet, not giving me any skin problems.. i own so many of them that smtms i feel guilty having too many but only two cheeks...(

Peachykeen is one of my "usual" in the bag in normal days. it goes well with my skin and matches well with any types of make up, variating the force and strength used, u can achieve different results. My absolute fav

on 2/22/2008 8:31:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I'm very fair and have been having big blush problems lately. I'd been wearing Peaches, but the paler I got, the harder it got to apply. This on the other hand glides across my NC 20 skin and I don't have to worry at all about streaking with this light Sheertone, unlike Peaches. It shows up immediately, but not aggressively and I only have to dip my brush once or twice per cheek for enough colour to treat my cheeks, nose and forehead.

The colour on me, a light yellow under toned NC 15 girl with colourless cheeks, is a light pinky peach with golden shimmer. The shimmer is only evident in direct light, and only when I hunt for it. My DH has not commented on in yet, whereas he was horrified by my other shimmer blushes (Cover Girl) last summer. I'll update if such situation arisis. I don't get a too much pink in this as others have found, but I do see the bronzing effect and I'm looking forward to this as a summer staple. I do think that both the shade and the shimmer are office/day appropriate. I find it a deeper hue than Springsheen, lighter than Peachtwist and equal in intensity to Style.

One thing I do notice about the shimmer formulas is that the tend to empathize my freckles, and pores near my nose, so I must take care in highlighting properly. It seems every day, every year, my routine gets longer!

Nevertheless, it's a lovely blush, wears well and I'm very satisfied with it and it's a shade that is useful with many shadows and lip colours. It goes with my skin tones perfectly and I've worn it with neutrals and plums and it looks great with both. Because of the pink it wears well with plum tinted browns like Sable and Satin Taupe, but the peach makes warm tones like Woodwinked, and Mulch work very well. It's extremely versatile. I will repurchase should I ever run out. Peachykeen is one I reach for a lot because it works so well with so many e/s and l/g in my collection.

I do wish Mac would expand their Sheertone shades. My favourite shade of Mac blush is Style, but I don't love the frost finish and have to tone it down with Blot powder. I love the Sheertone formula, but many of the shades are too dark for my skin tone. I have several ideas, if only they'd call me and offer me the big bucks lol.

on 2/9/2008 8:33:00 PM

Me: NC 35-40, South E. Asian with olive skintone, dark hair and dk brown eyes.
This: a soft peachy colored blush with shimmer that's not too obvious. I use a very light touch to get a barely there brightening effect. It can be layered on for a more obvious "blush".
This is not too different from Springsheen, but that has a more obvious golden shimmer to it than this one does so I chose this...will take me forever to go through any blush I own, but I might buy this again if it ran out.

on 1/17/2008 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Got this in a swap from a lovely MUAer it's a gorgeous natural looking/hardly there/subtle blush on my NC45 skintone. Shimmer is minimal and like another reviewer said, it's really hard to over do it with this blush. I dont think I will repurchase only because the color payoff is not enough for me to spend the money on it but I bet it'd look amazing on lighter skintones.

on 12/6/2007 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is my first MAC blush and i really like it, the shimmer doesnt annoy me like i thought it would and the colour isnt what you think it'd be when you put it on, it looks very natural.

I would def recommend the sheertone blushers and i will certainly purchase some more. As for the price i thought 14 or whatever was very steep for a blusher but it does lash a good few hours on.

on 12/5/2007 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Peachykeen ended up being what I was hoping Nars Orgasm would be - not obviously pink, not obviously peach. I like this better than Orgasm, because Orgasm looks just a bit too orange on me, and has too much shimmer. Peachykeen, on the other hand, looks like a good balance of pink and peach on my Asian skintone. (I have both cool and warm undertones, currently using NW25). It has shimmer, but for me, not an objectionable amount to use during the day, unlike Orgasm. A great, versatile, and fresh-looking/natural color on me. In the pan it looks really orange and I would not have picked it out myself, but at the urging of the MAC MA, I gave it a try and am glad I did. I am surprised, because in the pan, Orgasm actually looks less orange than Peachykeen, but it doesn't come out that way on my skin. The difference between the two on me is that Peachykeen is slightly less peach, with much more subtle shimmer. Otherwise, they are very good dupes of each other. If you like Orgasm but want a much less expensive dupe with less obvious shimmer, this one is definitely worth a shot. I would buy this again over Orgasm any day. I actually put Orgasm on one side of my face and Peachykeen on the other (yeah, I am weird) as a test one day, and the Peachykeen side looked a bit more "alive" and radiant on me, while the Orgasm side looked a little flat, even though it has more shimmer. I think it is because Peachykin ends up a little pinker and less orange on my skin - on other folks this may not be the case.

on 11/18/2007 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

They is one of the few blushes that look nice and fresh on my skin (since my skin color is on the much more tan side). Usually pink and peach tones do not show up on my skin that much, but this one is perfect and looks flawless. I would buy again, maybe even try another color too.

on 11/14/2007 4:06:00 PM

I like this color if my skin is lighter in the winter. Doesn't show up much on skin, but it very natural looking on my me like I'm wearing no blush. I would pair this blush with bold eyeshadows, otherwise it is too light on my skin.

on 11/8/2007 1:57:00 PM

This has been my go-to blush for several months. I love the pinky tone, but I'm getting tired of the peach undertones of this shade.

I can't say enough good things about the Sheertone line, though. It gives me just the right amount of coverage without making me look like a clown.

Top Rated MAC Products