LUSH Tea Tree Water

Tea Tree Water (Melaleuca alternifolia), Grapefruit Water (Citrus grandis), Juniperberry Water (Juniperus communis), *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben.

on 12/8/2009 4:09:00 PM

This was an 'okay' product, but nothing special... it made my face feel fresh, but very tight... and it didnt really do anything for my skin.

on 12/7/2009 7:19:00 PM

Most toners really dry out my skin and make it feel tight, but this one is great. It feels so refreshing. I spray it on in the morning and it helps control oil throughout the day. It's just wonderful.

I had high hopes for this after reading pleasant reviews online. It doesn't help or hurt my acne, but my face doesn't feel as clean as it could after using this after cleansing. I absolutely hate the spray application. (Even when I know it's coming, it's still scary spraying something in your face) I'm going to try to make my own and see if I have better luck.

on 12/7/2009 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Pros
Tightens your pores
Nice scent
Can re-use the bottle

Cons
Does not control oil or help decrease blemishes (but doesn't cause them either)
Does not contain a lot of tea tree oil. If you're looking for something with a high content of tea tree oil, this isn't the product for you. Might be better off making your own toner.

Tips
If you're sensitive to smells or have never smelled Tea Tree Oil before, smell the contents of the bottle!

This has become my HG toner. It makes my skin feel so fresh and actually helps keep my skin shine free when applied under my make up. I will continue to purchase this product, especially with such a reasonable price.

on 12/4/2009 3:32:00 AM

Note: what doesn't work for me not necessarily apply to you.

This did NOT work for me. I think it's either it's too strong for my skin or tea tree just doesn't work well with my skin.
The first time I used this, my cheeks turned tomato red and bumps started to appear out of nowhere. The 2nd time I used it, I had irritation/itchiness on my forehead and chin. And I stopped, never again will I use this! I guess my skin just didn't like it. Tea tree works with a lot of people, just not for me. I've learnt it the hard way.

I went back to Lush, and the SA was nice and did an exchange, and she gave me a milder toner "Eau Roma Water", and I have no reaction whatsoever so far, and I've been using it for about a week now and no irritation or itchiness... I also think it calms your skin in the mildest way possible. But I'll get back to do a review on Eau Roma Water separately after I've used it longer.

Tea Tree just didn't work for me, and I would not repurchase this. But as I said, what didn't work for me, might work for you. It's all individual.

on 12/1/2009 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff. I spray it on to remove dirt, and before I do my aspirin/peppermint/honey mask and it works great. It really helps even my skin tone and reduce redness, and get rid of bad oils.

on 11/28/2009 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product is... just a product. It really did nothing for my skin whatsoever. Also I use the Greased Lightning as well, and these contain almost the same ingredients, so I guess thats why.

I will not buy this again.

on 11/27/2009 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very seldom does a Lush product fail me, and this is one of them. I have sensitive acne prone skin, I thought using this would help keep my skin clear. When I first spritzed this on, it definitely smelt strongly of tea tree oil. The mist was cool and refreshing, however this product really stung my face! Maybe it was because had a few blemishes that were healing- regardless this product is intended for acne prone skin, therefore it should not sting or burn! Itís possibly I may have had a particularly strong batch, but I wonít experiment twice.

Lush Toners are nice, but they donít make your skin cleaner, their just refreshing, I found it equally affective just to spray organic rose water on my face, for $3 you get twice the amount Lush gives you for $9.
Happy Shopping!

on 11/26/2009 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I feel like I had put too much expectation onto this toner. For its price (~$9), I had expected something spectacular especially with all the ravings. However, I found nothing special about this toner that I couldn't supersede with another more reasonably priced toner. In fact, I think I can probably make a homemade tea tree toner but of course for cheaper the price.

The toner has a pleasant scent and comes in a spray bottle which I adore. It has not made my skin break out but has not reduced my acne/redness either. I find that because I have combination skin, the toner makes my cheek area extremely dry. Overall, not advised for those with combination-dry skin. Good for those with more oily complexion and with little acne troubles.

Top Rated LUSH Products