LUSH Ultra Bland

3.9

Almond Oil , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Beeswax (Cera alba), Honey, Fresh Iris Extract (Iris florentina), Glycerine, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 11/18/2010 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Great cleanser. Removes everything and only down side is it leaves skin a little oily. Have to wash face and scrub with towel to get sticky oilyness off. Would definitely re purchase

on 10/18/2010 3:28:00 AM

I love Lush, but I was very disappointed by this product. It removes foundation, eyeliner, and eyeshadow quite well, but not mascara. You have to rub your eyes for a long time to get your mascara off when using this cleanser, and I always end up losing two or three lashes, which I hate.

At least it is not tested on animals and doesnt make your eyes sting, though.

on 9/22/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Okay, so to all the people who felt this product feels greasy.. I agree.. It's because you've used water to take the product off of your face. I know the directions mention using a dampened cotton wool to wipe it off, but that isn't correct.

A saleslady at Lush told me not to ever mix the product with water. You only need to apply it on your face..massage it for a while and then wipe it off with a 'dry' cotton wool. It takes away all the make-up and leaves the skin soo smooth!

Try it. It works. :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

There is definitely good and bad here. I bought Ultrabland to use as a makeup remover prior to my clinique 3-step skincare regime, which does not remove makeup. The good news is that I have never felt that ultrabland is too oily for me. I have combination skin that's a little dry in places and I'm prone to constant hormonal breakouts in certain regions, so while oiliness isn't a problem for me in itself it doesn't help with the acne. But this has never made me break out, especially since I follow it with my clinique.

The bad news is that it doesn't actually remove my makeup as well as I thought it would. It makes short work of most makeup, everything on the face, but I was told by the employees and reviews that this would melt my eye makeup away, and it's taking an awful lot of ultrabland and scrubbing to get rid of it all. Since I started using this instead of some garnier liquid eye makeup remover, I'm finding little panda-eyes of makeup the ultrabland didn't get every morning, unless I stand there for two minutes scrubbing at it like heck.

I'm still going to repurchase because I love the smell, and the job it does on the rest of my face, but I am disappointed.

on 9/1/2010 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my one and only makeup remover! Love using this! The only drawback and what I had to get use to is how oily/greasy it is. But, that's what removes the makeup. I have to use hot, hot water to remove from my skin so as to not feel greasy afterwards.

on 8/30/2010 9:35:00 PM

I've re-bought this about 3 times. I really do love it. I tend to stray on occasion, but I always come back. really does a great job of removing makeup and leaving skin feeling moisturized. Hate the jar it comes in though.

on 8/18/2010 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This works best purely as a makeup remover - I'd advise having a separate, lighter cleanser to use in the morning, as very few people will need something as heavy-duty as this for regular cleansing. For removing makeup, though, this is a truly amazing product.
I wear EL Double Wear foundation, which sets and stays put all day. A lot of cleansers and makeup removers struggle to get rid of it, as well as the colours I like to put on my eyes. Ultrabland cuts through it all easily, and even takes off waterproof mascara.
I can understand why some people might not like the scent or texture. It smells and feels pretty oily, but I have to say this doesn't bother me. Don't assume that just because it's oil based it won't work for combination or oily skin. My skin is combination and it works amazingly on me. It's never broken me out, even though my skin can be quite sensitive.
On the negative side, Lush suggests removing it with damp cotton wool. I did it this way for about half of the first pot I owned, but it's messy and too much of a hassle. Too often, I couldn't be bothered to use it and ended up reaching for a baby wipe instead. A dampened muslin cloth works a lot better. If, like me, you can't be bothered constantly washing muslin cloths, a baby wipe dampened under water will do the same job in a disposable form (maybe not so good for the environment, but...).
Ususally, heavy-duty effective makeup removers make my skin feel really tight and uncomfortable - I have to race to apply my moisturiser. This leaves my skin feeling really comfortable, as if it's already been moisturised. I have to remind myself to put moisturiser on after I use it.
I may be going mad, but I'm sure Lush used to sell this in a 250g size? Maybe not, but I wish they would, since the 100g pot only lasts me just over a month (yes I wear a lot of makeup!) and it would be handy not to have to schlepp into the city centre so often just to rebuy it. I also wish it was slightly cheaper. Because of the price, I still tend to experiment with other products from time to time. If they made it a few quid cheaper, I'd never stray!

on 8/9/2010 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

HG for makeup removal! It takes everything off and adds moisture into your skin, leaving it feeling soft. At first it feels like your putting butter on your face, but even removes waterproof without stripping your skin. I will only use this for makeup removal.

on 8/8/2010 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i really wanted to like this, however no amount of wiping or scrubbing would remove the slimy feeling from my face. then i realized the primary ingredient was PEANUT OIL, the same oil that chik-fil-a uses to fry chicken. EW. and it didn't even remove all my eye makeup. i returned it as soon as i could!

on 8/8/2010 3:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love multipurpose products and tried the sample of Ultrabland in the night in pack. First I put it on and tried to wash it off with water, but that left my skin with an oil slick. Second, I put it on dry skin and used wet cotton balls to wipe it off but I went through quite a few. Then, I used the muslin cloth that came with the Night in Pack but that was too abrasive for my skin. Finally, I've bought myself a wash cloth and remove Ultrabland after rubbing in a bit into wet skin and I love the results! It removes all traces of makeup and other gunk, makes my blackheads disappear, calms any trace of redness and blemishes right down, and leaves your skin soft and comfortable. You can moisturise if you need the extra moisture but otherwise this product is a makeup remover, cleanser, and moisturiser all in one hit! One lippy down because it takes a bit of time to use and I would only use it at night to remove makeup.