Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

4.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Collagen Amino Acids, Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Gelatin, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 9/14/2006 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I colored my hair w/ l'oreal color gems (blue-black... very dramatic), and was worried about the possible damage the dye may have done to my hair... So I went to Walgreens, and spent 15.99 on this stuff. Based on the reviews here, I knew a few things:
1. This is a miracle treatment for damaged hair
2. The more damaged the hair, the better it works,
and
3. You need to leave this stuff on for at least 20 minutes under a shower cap, for the effect to take place.

So knowing all of this, I used Emergencee, and excitedly awaited the outcome. This made my hair feel like straw! It didn't even feel like hair after I used it. Even after 20 minutes... jeez, I feel duped.

on 9/5/2006 11:48:00 PM

I have searched long and hard for this product - I just tried it tonight and I am in love! I have tried everything (almost!) on my color treated, curling iron/flat iron/hair dryer fried hair, and this works well. It is easy to use and works quickly. Absolutely amazing!

on 8/26/2006 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I didn't think I was going to like this but it really helped my hair. I wish it was a bigger bottle for the price, because my hair is so dry I have to use alot to cover it, but other then that I love it. Would recommend.

Absolutely amazing. I had my hair relaxed and colored...it was dead needless to say. The bottom part was burnt red and just awful looking. I went and bought this and it saved my hair. It's the best treatment I've ever used. I use this in the sauna after I use the steam room and rinse but if I'm short on time I just use it the normal way in the shower. It took my hair from cheap tramp to lovely and healthy. The little bottle lasts a long time too.
UPDATE:
There are SO many other products that are better for my hair. I kinda figured out that my hair needs lots of moisture and protein. The absolute best thing I've done for my hair is mix an egg in a small bowl with olive oil, leave it in for 30 min to 1 hour and voila very soft soft. silicon mix and hair mayonnaise are great too.

on 8/8/2006 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is the best reconstructor treatment I've tried. Not to light, but not too heavy. It smells good too. I use it with heat. For my chemically relaxed hair, nothing is better at stopping and curbing breakage.

I am big hardcore Nexxus Shampoo and conditoner fan, but I do not like this product. I put it on damp hair, left it for 20 to 30 minutes. I did not use any heat, washed it and deep condtion. It cause more split ends and I did not see any great improvement. And the bottle is small, and the product is too expensive. NO

on 7/23/2006 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hmm, I still am on the fence with this product. I cannot see that it did anything miraculous for my hair. I have used it approximately 4 times. I wait about 2.5 weeks between treatments. I however have only been leaving it in for 3 minutes as the bottle says but after reading the other reviews and seeing they have left it in for 20 minutes I might just need to leave it in longer. I will update after my next treatment. But so far I haven't noticed anything it does that my regular routine did not do. Still searching for my miracle hair care product:(

09-09-06 *******UPDATE******** Ok I completely stand corrected, I used this again tonight and instead of the 3 minutes it says to leave it on, I left it on 20 minutes with my bathroom heater on high and a plastic cap over my hair. After having used it that way I have 2 things to say: Number 1 this stuff shuld be called MIRACLE not Emergencee, and Number 2 My hair has never felt softer or looked less frizzy ever than after using this. My curls are even curlier, and I don't mean frizzy but true curls!:) I am in love with it now. For 5 treatments out of the bottle it isn't too badly priced considering it is nearly a 3 month supply for $13.00. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!:)

on 7/18/2006 8:23:00 PM

i have naturally curly light brown hair that i dye black every two weeks and use a flat iron at least 4/week. needless to say, after so much abuse it started breaking and stopped growing. after emergencee, i noticed results the very next day!!
i use it with a shower cap for 20minutes and then a conditioning treatment for another 20-25min. however, my cousin, who has pretty healthy, natural hair, tried it, and didn't notice much of a change. i think this product is only for those who really do have damaged hair.

on 7/9/2006 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If my hair could speak for itself, it would take up a whole page raving about this product. My hair has been in an odd state lately. It started to break and split on its own and then i highlighted and dyed it recently. I also use a blow drier and flat iron most days of the week. This has helped save my hair. It has made it more like its old self. I see dramatically less breakage and my hair sheds less since I'm using this once a month. Some people say that protein can dry your hair out, but I guess my hair was in dire need of some protein because after i get done conditioning, the softest hair in my life is what comes out of using this product. Would definately recommend this to anyone. If you hair has a lot of breakage, I'd recommend using once or twice a month. If your hair is not in bad condition, I'd recommend using every other month or so. Great buy and I hope this product is never discontinued.

on 7/2/2006 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I didn't get the miracle-effect I was hoping for based on many of the reviews here, but it was still a pretty good product for me. My hair is in bad shape right now - extremely dry, coarse, naturally curly/wavy, and after having three babies back-to-back is in need of major TLC. While I would not describe my hair as silky after using it, it definitely is softer and I will continue to use it.

Top Rated Nexxus Products