Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/15/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Great and versatile palette!

on 1/15/2011 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I hate to bring down all the fan fair of this palette but for me it just wasnít that great. For reference Iím NW20 and found this entire palette to be far too warm for me. I tired numerous looks/colors and all made me look tired or sickly. This palette is really made for warmer toned or neutral skinned ladies. I wanted it to work as I think the concept is great & the palette itself is a great value. I just wish UD would have included some cooler toned eye shadows so all of us could enjoy this palette. If you are cool toned then I would suggest checking out the TF Naked palette, its more cool toned grays/taupes.

on 1/15/2011 8:31:00 AM

I love wearing warm colors, and this palette is exactly that. I'm fair, with brown hair, brown eyes. I haven't purchased Urban Decay in a really long time because of the excessive glitter and fallout. I don't experience that with any of the colors in the palette. I use it every single day and find that the colors are long lasting and apply very nicely.

on 1/14/2011 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ohh my god! I just got mine like 2 hrs ago!! I love it!! Its beautiful! I swatched the colors and they are amazing like I thought they would be. Thank u urban decay!

on 1/14/2011 11:26:00 PM

I'm thrilled that I decided to buy into the hype around this. It's fantastic, and was definitely worth the wait and the price. I'm pretty frugal and usually can't justify spending money on high-end make up, but this is an awesome deal and will save me from having to buy eyeshadow again for a very, very long time. Every shadow in this set is gorgeous, pigmented, creamy, easily blendable, and wearable. Most of the colors are pretty shimmery, but they aren't over-the-top, and there's no chunky glitter in them (this is coming from a girl who wears matte or satin finish eyeshadow almost exclusively). The two matte shades ("Naked" and "Buck") are the most creamy, blendable matte shades I've ever come across, and I don't think I'll ever be able to do without them now.
This blew my expectations out of the water. I've never tried Urban Decay eyeshadows before, and I'm super impressed. I like these better than any other eyeshadow I've ever tried, be it high-end (including MAC!) or drugstore. I can't imagine that I'll use this up anytime soon, but when I do, I will definitely buy it again!

on 1/14/2011 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The first time I saw this at Sephora I thought it was nothing but a boring neutral palette so regardless of the hype, I never bought one. Then I saw everyone ravin' about this and after all the reviews here on MUA I decided to buy one, turns out I ended up having to wait forever on this. For the price, it's not bad at all, too many colors on the palette, and of course, comes the quality of the shadows. I used to love MAC so much more but have always hated how it's not easy to blend, and when I discovered UD through AIW, I just fell in love. I think every single makeup junkie out there should have one of these. Seriously.

on 1/14/2011 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

Like everybody else, I had to wait 4 or 5 months to get this. Finally came yesterday, and I'm glad I got it. I am not a fan of glittery UD eyeshadow, and was pleased to see the glitter is kept to a minimum. Many of the shades are shimmery, but that's different than glitter that falls out all over my face. I tried 4 shades this morning and they are all smooth, creamy, easily applied with a brush, and blend beautifully. I have a bunch of the 24/7 eyeliners, so getting another black was not exciting, but the whiskey is a nice color, versatile. People have already written about the different shades. Their eyeshadow quality is so high, I wish they would come out with a purely matte kit, for us aging folks who need to tone makeup back, but that's not what Urban Decay is all about.

On the sephora website people are complaining about the quality of the kit, and I have to say I understand why. There were fingerprints in a few of the shades, from the manufacturer pushing the pans into the kit, and the corner of one eyeshadow was broken. The cap on the whiskey side of the liner was so tight I thought I was going to break the liner getting it off. I understand they hustled to get them out, but they shouldn't be lower quality kits. Also, they are now 48 dollars, up from 44, and if you order from the next batch that comes out you'll get a brush, not the dual ended eyeliner.

I use scotch tape, a trick I learned on MUA, to pull off the glitter from my face when I get fall out from the more glittery shades. It works really well and doesn't damage my skin.

Update: after using this a long while, in retrospect, I wouldn't buy again. The quality remains superb, decent colors, but they do end up looking muddy and I don't use many of them because of the glitter or shimmer. I like the new matte highlighter palette, but it's pricey and I was able to make a similar palette at Inglot for a lot less, with a lot more product. I'm sure I'll keep the UD palette until it breaks or I just get sick of it, and I'll still have a ton of it left.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is definitely a must have pallete! Im so glad it became permanent, and I bought two just incase. It is very versatile and has all the colors to create a brown smokey eye or darker. I find myself turning to this pallette often, and would reccomend it to anyone that has thought about getting their hands on this great pallette!

on 1/13/2011 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

OMG where have you been all my life?! This palette just might replace my love for MAC eyeshadows. I'm kicking myself for spending so much money building up my mac palette when all I need is this from now on! I've been waiting since November to get this and it finally became available on the sephora website again.

First of all, the pigmentation of all the shadows are excellent! Just a little swipe and I have a LOT of color on my fingertips! I have had it for about a week now and I am amazed at the endless beautiful looks I can create with this palette.

Some of my favorite looks are:

Sin on the lid, toasted on the outer lid, and hustle in the crease with virgin as a highlighter for a daytime school look.

For sexy smoky eyes at night, I LOVE gunmetal all over the lid, darkhorse in the crease, blended around the edges with naked, and half baked in the inner lid a little on top of the gunmetal.

Half baked also looks good on the lid with smog in the crease and darkhorse in the outer v.

I like that naked and buck are matte colors and are great blending out colors. I use buck to fill in my eyebrows and it's comparable to mac's espresso. I feel like naked is similar to mac's wedge and sin to mac's all that glitters.

I love playing around with this palette. This is my favorite makeup purchase by FAR

on 1/13/2011 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

First of all to me neutral e/s can also include purples and greens, but especially purples. So while I do adore this palette (first palette I ever bought, can you believe it?! And luckily I love it) I wish it came with at least one purple shade and one greenish shade (it already has one dark blue and one grey that leans blue - Creep & Gunmetal, the two last e/s). Then it would be perfect; all the colours I need for any outfit and any event imaginable.

I don't mean straight out purple or green, but something a neutrals girl like me would happily wear just to have one foot in colour, so to speak. The closest to green on me is Darkhorse, which is a bronzey chocolate but somehow gives off a greenish tinge on my eyes. And there is not one I can call purple. Not even a purpley taupe (I'm thinking along the lines of the darker shade in Chanel's Ombres Contraste Duo in Misty Soft, which is a very purple taupe and very unmistakably neutral IMHO).

So UD, if you're reading this and wanting to know how you can make this palette better, please swap two of your browns with a purple and a green, thanks.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
The Nudes
NAKED3

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches