Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/16/2011 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a very good product: all of the shades are well pigmented and offer an endless variety of looks and combinations; the value is unbeatable; the dual-ended liners provide two different options; the mini UDPP brings it all together. On top of it all, the packaging is gorgeous and I love that there is a mirror. Pretty ultimate set of neutrals.

This is definitely ideal for someone whose makeup collection is not that big/someone who does not own many neutrals, or for travel. There's nothing terribly special here that you can't live without - it's just incredibly pretty and convenient. I am very, very pleased to own it but I already own tons of neutrals so it should last me a lifetime. It's a good enough product to purchase again, though.

I only wish there was a more even number of mattes and frosts to provide more options (only two or three are not horribly frosty, and a couple have glitter in them), but it's just a personal preference. A really excellent gift to give both a makeup lover and someone who is just starting out. Worthy of its hype but don't kill yourself trying to get it - it's permanent, and you can definitely wait until it's at a store for retail price!

on 1/16/2011 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I resisted buying this palette for so long, I already have more eyeshadow - neutral and bold - and I rarely buy into hyped up products but I'm glad I caved on this one. I generally go for dramatic makeup whether I'm at work or not but towards the end of 2010 was definitely feeling less is more and found myself less than enthusiastic over the neutrals I already own so back in November I purchased the Naked palette and it has been my everyday staple since then. I'm lucky enough to have a neutral skintone so it is very easy for me to put a look together with this, most days I use Virgin (highlight), Sin (lid), Naked (crease) and Creep (liner) because it gives a bright and polished look without having to think, or try, too hard but all the colours are here for a lovely smokey eye whether it be muted browns or neutral black/silver. Every look I've tried with this palette just works, thankfully, because these were the only shadows I brought on a recent holiday - ordinarily I would bring a large selection of neutrals and colours to have options but I didn't miss them, in fact I barely even thought about them. This beats the Books of Shadows by a mile and the best thing about this palette for me is the exclusion of Midnight Cowboy Rides Again which I despise.

You can't beat it for value, its been said in a number of reviews already but you're getting 12 full size UD shadows, 2 mini liners and a mini primer for just under £30; cheaper than most drugstore brands in the UK.

The packaging is slim and classy (a welcome departure from the clunky Book of Shadows), certainly not an embarrassment to leave on the dressing table or pull out of the makeup bag. It's made of cardboard, as I think all Urban Decay palettes are, so its sturdy enough to withstand the average persons general abuse but I travel alot and find myself in two minds about de-potting into my unii palette - the unii palette is far more practical but I do really like the original packaging.

I'm not usually one to buy into the hype but this is an absolute repurchase for me, like I said before this has become my staple go-to product - it is a well thought out selection that doesn't require too much thought to use, a definite holy grail ... Unless Urban Decay release something better, of course.

on 1/16/2011 5:13:00 PM

Amazing!!!!!! I am soo happy with this palette. I have used nothing but this since I bought it. super versatile, I did a super neutral with it all the way to crazy smoky eye. The textures are amazing! They are super blendable I could not be happier with this palette! Buy it!!!!!!

on 1/16/2011 9:31:00 AM

Given the rave reviews for the Naked Palette, I expected this to be an instant HG, even though I'd heard that most of the colors are very warm. I'm a girl who loves NARS AAE and my BB Shimmering Nudes palette, so I couldn't resist adding more neutrals to my stash.

I gave myself a week to "test drive" it before I passed judgement, using nothing but the Naked palette and neglecting my other shadows.In some ways this was a nice surprise and worthy of the hype, but IMO most of the colors are dupable.

Pros: The textures of most of the shadows are amazing. Smog might be a new HG for me--the color is awesome and the texture is so smooth and incredible. I was impressed. It was nice to see that most of the colors are very wearable, too, even though I'm an NW20 and can't pull off colors like MAC Woodwinked.

Cons: Even over a primer, a couple of the shadows were seriously creased or faded at the end of the workday (10 hours). I guess I've been spoiled by shadows that last 12+ hours (like LORAC and BB). Gunmetal, while it's technically a neutral, seems kind of out of place in this palette. Sidecar is a glittery mess with .

The pros do outweigh the cons, however, and I would repurchase this. I do see myself using it often, but it won't replace my well-loved AAE and BB neutrals.

on 1/16/2011 2:06:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Fingerprints!!! Arrived from Sephora.com last week and to my horror, it appeared swatched! About 4 shadows had some obvious tampering. I called Sephora up and a lovely gentleman agreed to send me out a new one and I sent back the defiled one. Colors looked okay but not as fantastic as it was all hyped up to be. I see now that the price has increased to $48. I will update my review when my replacement arrives.

Update: Received replacement today, not without flaws but whatever. Pretty nice palette. I will have to scrap Smog, Darkhorse, Creep & Sidecar because they make a glitterbomb fall-out shelter of my face. Within about a 1/2 hour of swiping on eyeshadow, I was covered in glitter like a raver on New Year's Eve. The other colors are great except I already had Naked and Half Baked from another palette. It's fine though because I have some spectacular micas to replace the glitterballs and I can overhaul my Naked palette to custom perfection!

This is the most value for money eye shadow palette I have ever bought. The colours are neutral and I wear it to work everyday. I think I have used some combination of these eyeshadows pretty much everyday since I bought the palette in Sept 2010. Super good value. Plus it comes with the eyeliner and a sample sized primer potion.

I must say, Urban Decay really thought this one through. Its the perfect 1 stop shop for a woman working in a professional work environment, with some darker options for night time. There's no reason to get anything else eyeshadow wise really..

on 1/15/2011 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i like this palette but only about half the colors suit my skin tone... which sucks since it's so beautiful to look at :( also, idk if the high demand on this palette has caused urban decay to compromise the quality of the product, but the fact is that the eyeliners that come with it are not as good as the other 24/7 liners I own, and some of the shadows are just too soft: as in even if I don't intend to, I'll end up with an overblended look...
aside from that, virgin is my all time favorite highlighter and toasted is a wonderful, wonderful e/s :)
EDIT: updated to four lippies because i just butchered my naked palette and depotted the shadows into one of my unii palettes :) now i can use my favorite shadows of the naked palette along with all my other shadows, instead of neglecting it...

on 1/15/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I almost wasn't going to buy this palette because on the computer it didn't look like it was all that, but WHAT A MISTAKE that would've been!!!! Thanks to you ladies and your rave reviews I figured I might as well, you can't really go wrong with 12 full size UD shadows for $44. When I first got home and opened my palette I felt like I was opening jewelry. The shadows are absolutely GORGEOUS....every single one of them! I usually do either a neutral or a smokey eye...no funky colors like blue, green, etc...and this palette is IT! It has everything I need! I'm about to go on vacation and this will be my only eyeshadow product that I bring with me. EVERYONE should have one. Which of course, limits their availability to the months-long waiting lists at my local Sephora. Sigh.

I would sooner die than return this product. Although, I do need to do an exchange today if they still have any in stock, becuase mine was defective...they put the Gunmetal and Creep shadows in the opposite spots and it's labeled wrong!!! That would suck if I had to wait months to exchange it.

on 1/15/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Great and versatile palette!

on 1/15/2011 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I hate to bring down all the fan fair of this palette but for me it just wasnít that great. For reference Iím NW20 and found this entire palette to be far too warm for me. I tired numerous looks/colors and all made me look tired or sickly. This palette is really made for warmer toned or neutral skinned ladies. I wanted it to work as I think the concept is great & the palette itself is a great value. I just wish UD would have included some cooler toned eye shadows so all of us could enjoy this palette. If you are cool toned then I would suggest checking out the TF Naked palette, its more cool toned grays/taupes.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
The Nudes
NAKED3

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty