LUSH Love Lettuce Mask

Agar Agar Decoction, Kaolin, Honey, Fullers Earth, Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Ground Almond Shells (Prunus dulcis), Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Chlorophyll, Perfume.

on 11/30/2007 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this mask. It left my skin feeling very clean, but also soft, I didn't find it drying at all. I think I slightly prefer the brazened honey mask, but would still definately buy this again.

on 11/6/2007 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this mask. The smell is ok....not too strong. The ground almond shells exfoliate gently. My face feels very smooth and bright afterwards. Will purchase again.

Love lettuce is an amazing mask!
It help keep my skin fresh and soft.
It is brilliant at sucking out all the nasties from my skin.

on 9/3/2007 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My friend who introduced me to LUSH adores Love Lettuce, so I decided to go and buy it. However, the Santa Monica store had no more in stock, but they gave me a sample. Good thing I only got the sample instead of buying the full thing. I love the smell of Love Lettuce that is fresh and earthy (kinda like lemongrass). Nonetheless, it doesnt seem to soak up all the nasties from my skin like Brazened Honey (I have really oily skin) and also the product is a little too runny/thin for me. Overall, though, good product that I can't complain about :)

on 7/24/2007 10:55:00 AM

This is a great mask for my combination skin. I use it at night and when I first rise it off, I don't notice much - but by morning my face is balanced, clear and feels great. I think it helps with making my skin more even too. I love the way this stuff smells, so fresh, clean and earthy. and it feels nice and cool going on (keep it in the fridge) - It clears breakouts too! . I highly recommend it and will re-purchase.

on 7/3/2007 7:18:00 AM

An interesting texture and feels refreshing on the skin, but I didn't notice any difference to my skin after use. I was not expecting miracles but it just didn't grab me as a product to repurchase and use all the time.

on 3/12/2007 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This actually works really well in making the T-zone or any oily bits less shiny. Sort of like a mattifier that I use every time right before I go out. It smells mediciny but that's no big deal. The main thing I didn't like was the way it dries up super fast within a couple of weeks and stuff was also oozing out of the container and all over the place.

on 3/5/2007 1:15:00 PM

I LOVE Love Lettuce - what can I say? The smell is amazing - a kind of herbal, lavender flavor. I didn't find it too gritty. It left my face super soft and clean. And I like the fact that it is made from fresh ingredients. Plus, did I mention it smells great? :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've repurchased this several times and my skin seems to love it. Love Lettuce is meant for normal to oily skin types but my dry skin handles this well. The green base works perfectly as a deep cleansing mask, leaving my skin brighter and my pores refined. I haven't had the redness/irritation others have described, thankfully, consisidering my skin becomes irritated with CeraVe and Cetaphil cleansers. And the scrubbies - I think they could have done better with the ground almond shells. Way too rough, IMO. I'm very careful to apply this mask without a lot of rubbing. As others have done, I break down my batch into small ziplock bags and freeze them, so I can prolong my usage without worrying if the batch is still fresh. FYI: applying ice cold Love Lettuce to the face in the summer is FANTASTIC! Try it. ;)

continued >>

on 1/2/2007 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Unforutnately this product did nothing for my skin. I applied it for the first time in a hot steamy bath and the smell of it was overwhelmingly nauseating (it wasn't so bad when I applied it in normal temperatures/conditions). It made my cheeks patchy and red too. I didn't detect any difference so far as pores cleaned out, skin made brighter etc went either. I've probably used it 6-7 times and seeing as it hasn't had any noticeable effect AND I've got a third of a tub left with the expiry date gone a couple of weeks now, it's going in the bin, never to be repurchased.