BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2006 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. NĀ° 05827/N

on 6/22/2012 5:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this did nothing for me...i was so bummed too. especially, after all the great reveiws. i got a sample size of this...thankfully didn't buy it. it clumped and actually made my lashes look shorter. plus, the wand actually hurt. it was too spiney for me and the length of the bristles poked my eye. oh, and it's a nightmare to get off. tired everything from lancome bifacial (which, we all know can remove a permanent tattoo it's so good) to jojoba oil. nothing worked...i bascially had to let it "wear off".

on 6/22/2012 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the formula of this mascara, not too watery, not too thick. I find it works best alone, usually I wear 2 coats of DIFFERENT mascaras(no primer), 1st lengthen 2nd volumizing. But They're real works best alone, it holds curl really well & it's easy to wash off. Such a low maintenance mascara, if you don't have super oily skin which requires waterproof mascara, you will probably like this.

on 6/21/2012 6:17:00 PM

I actually really loved this mascara- it added volume and length without being clumpy. It can be a pain to get off because it doesnt flake or dry it stays quite sticky but i actually quite liked the fact it didnt go flaky as it meant it would stay on all day. Its quite pricey but in my opinion definitley worth it!

I love this mascara! I have OK lashes, but I want to have the illusion of having the longest, fluffiest lashes possible. This mascara gives my lashes a lot of volume and length. In my opinion, the chunkiness of the applicator takes some work to get down, but once you do, you will love it. I have not noticed any flaking, either, which is really important to me. The only drawback of this product is that it seems to take a little extra work to get it completely off the lash. I use eye makeup remover, then wash my face, and then usually have to go behind with a makeup wipe and get the rest off.

on 6/19/2012 3:52:00 PM

Only positive for me is that it added volume. It did not hold a curl for me. And my biggest problem is that it doesn't dry. It stays tacky and sticky. Yuck. :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse

I put off buying this product for months, for i already had a decent mascara, but after it started to come off throughout the day i knew i needed a new one. I read a lot of positive reviews of this and having been given £20 by my Benefit-oholic cousin for my birthday, i knew i must buy They're Real.

When the Benebabe tried it on me i must admit, the results were slightly scary; my lashes were like massive spider legs (then again she had used a lot on me, and the testers are often drying up). I wasn't prepared to give up though, so i bought it in the hopes it would work better when i applied it myself.

I was right, my lashes looked wonderful, like falsies and it added a lot of curve and length and some volume, a great all-rounder. However, i must impose the following: Wipe the end of the wand before use, using an eyelash comb is crucial unless you want spider legs, do not apply more that two coats unless you want your lashes to be brittle and take care on the bottom lashes, mine are almost as long as the top ones so i can't apply too much. I like to gently pull underneath my eyes so that i can apply to the root of the lower lash line.

Overall, i think it's a great mascara for multi-use and i'd recommend you try it.

on 6/10/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I also love this mascara!...BUT...(don't laugh!)...I actually like L'Oreal Extra Collagen Volume better! And it's a fraction of the price of They're Real. Like 6 bucks at Target! I couldn't BELIEVE a drugstore brand was better than a high-end brand!!! Don't get me wrong, I still like They're Real, but it's now my 2nd favorite because L'Oreal ECM took the 1st place slot. I am giving They're Real a high mark but I said "no" to buying this product again because I like L'Oreal better - and so does my wallet. ;-)

on 6/10/2012 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this mascara!! I have longer lashes and this mascara really fans them out (if you stay under 3 coats) and volumizes them. It doesn't flake or smudge by the end of the day, which is a huge plus for me. I am on the trial size that I got from Sephora a bit back, and I bought another trial size (just can't see spending so much on a full sized one if they have the trial sized ones, which last quite a while) for when i run out of this one. I always make sure to wipe off the end since it has quite a bit of product on it when you pull the wand out of the tube. This ensures for even and clump-less application. Just an awesome mascara :)
Edit: This is my HG mascara, hands down! I have really put it through the test on several occasions and in several situations, and it still looks great! This gives my lashes that Va-va-vooom look, which i LOVE. I will buy this forever!

on 6/9/2012 1:32:00 PM

Curls and holds the curl, lengthens and adds volume.
Drips in a few hours though.
Despite this, I'd repurchase it because it's the best i've used in terms of result.
I use a qtip and brush over my lashes after I've applied it to remove excess, powder my eye area, and clean up throughout the day. :)

on 6/5/2012 9:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This product was okay, but nothing to write home about. I feel like it should have done more for the price that accompanied it. I feel as though drugstore mascaras could perform just as well as this and not for the hefty price tag. I strayed from my HG Lancome Hypnose, but will be returning as soon as I finish this.

Popular Mascaras