Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 11/1/2009 11:01:00 PM

With eye-catching packaging, I thought I'd give the new Maybelline mascara a try, and I was sadly dissapointed.

For something that is labelled 'Volume' it does not live up to it's name.
It lengthens and separates, but does not thicken my lashes at all (even after several coats!)

Huge brush, lovely unique packaging, but wrongly labelled...

Should read "Colossal Defining Express" instead.

on 11/1/2009 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

No bad for $5.50 (at Wal-Mart) Since the recession has officially hit my beauty routine, this is a great drugstore substitute for pricier mascaras. Does not flake, smudge and lasts all day until I take it off. Easy removal, too. It separates and lengthens more than gives volume, but I am pleased. Like it better than Lash Stiletto and the pink and green tube ones. I tried this in Glam Black. The only downside is the big brush but I am learning to work it on my puny light colored lashes!

on 11/1/2009 7:42:00 PM

I didn't like this mascara at all. Has this floral smell to it. Gave me spider lashes when i applied it. It lengthened but didn't give me any curl or volume. The only good thing is that it's really easy to take it off, you don't need to rub your eyes out. Gave it to my friend and she loved it. Won't be purchasing again.

on 11/1/2009 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

That mascara gets a big "wow" from me. I am really surprised to find such a good mascara for such an adequate price. I gave up searching for a HG mascara long time ago but this is amazing. Note that my lashes are short and spiky so for me, this stuff is amazing!

on 11/1/2009 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love this mascara,it is my favourite now,my lashes look really long

on 10/31/2009 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is rated 54% ' would buy again' really ? really ? WOW.

This is HG for me. I will say the brush is very similar to DiorShow. I do like that brush. The actual formual is different. I would say not as thick as DiorShow ? maybe..

Whether or not we like a mascara is very much personal preference. I like mine a little thick, not clumpy but not so thin and smooth. This stuff is awesome. Nice fat brush, great formula. Maybe it has a scent.. IDK - I don't notice / care. I love how it goes on, you notice length AND thickness in one swipe. This does not flake on me. Does not smudge, doesn't come off till I take it off, and having said that - its easy to take off.

I am done buying HE mascaras. I used to think it made a difference. It really doesn't. This stuff is good, Lash Blash, Stiletto all that.. but I like the Colossal the best. I just opened a new tube today.. and usually I like a mascara after about 2 weeks.. after the air has gotten in.. thickened up a bit.. not so here. This is perfect right out of the gate.

on 10/31/2009 7:57:00 AM

Love this product.. I recently purchased it to find a replacement for my Diorshow as i am trying to economize. i read some reviews that said it was good and bad but i figured for like 9 dollars why not...and i was pleasantly suprised. I have the waterproof formula and it def stays on (i used eye-makup remover and a Cleansing milk to get this stuff off). and it makes my lashes look full and thick. I cant speak on the lengthening side as i have long lashed but they do look beautiful. No flaking or clumping either...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The packaging suckered me in, I like anything brightly colored or shiny. Horrible flaky spider eyed mess.

on 10/29/2009 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wonderful results with this! I love it. Not too much clumping and no flaking. Love this stuff! My only complaint is that it STINKS. Like it has a very prominent STENCH to it haha. Makes me a little nauseous but I love this stuff so much I'll get over it. :]]

on 10/28/2009 8:54:00 PM

I am like a mascara freak because i want my mascara to be perfect i'm so picky with how i want my eyelashes to look. Seriously. and i bought this just being in a rush a while ago. And it has not let me down at all. It hold the curls adds volume to my lashes and barely clumps up. I love the brush too it makes it easy to get in between my lashes and separate them good. I am actually going to get me another one when this ones done! Love this.

Popular Mascaras