BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2013 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. NĀ° 05827/N

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is awesome! It makes my lashes so long! The only downside is that it takes a lot of work to get this stuff off.

on 7/16/2012 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Well, I've given it a month, and this mascara is just average. I consider myself a mascara connoisseur, having tried most of the high-end brands(I'm getting there!). This is no better then a Loreal or the like. The best thing this mascara has going for it is the wand. Wow, it's amazing. The end of it does lift and separate the lashes well, but the formula takes too long to dry. So, applying multiple coats (which you have to do with this stuff), takes forever, and the clumping is just annoying. I'm going back to Hypnose Drama, and I'll use the Benefit for lengthening, and I will hang onto the wand :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Didn't understand the hype of this product.
Waited for it to come out and couldn't wait to try it.
I was very disappointed as it was just a bog standard mascara, nothing special. Little bit clumpy, not much curl or lengthening, just blah :(

Will not repurchase as this mascara is nothing special.

on 7/14/2012 7:26:00 PM

Awesome mascara! I look for length mostly in a mascara above volume. And this mascara sure lengthens! It doesn't volumize as much, so if you are looking for volume I would try the BhadGal Lash instead. It isn't clumpy as everybody says you just have to get used to the brush and formula as it isn't like many other mascaras. It is very wet especially when it is brand new. At first I would layer a dryer mascara under it, about two weeks after it's opened it can be used on it's own. The name really suits the product, if used properly this can really look like you are wearing false lashes.

on 7/14/2012 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is not a bad mascara but it's not HG material and I will not be repurchasing, given its price. The mascara is very wet so I have to always wipe off tons of excess mascara if I don't want to make a mess of my lashes. It gives decent lengthening and thickening, but nothing special and certainly not as good as my Cover Girl Lash Perfection. The wierd bristles at the end of the wand don't do anything for reaching corner lashes. It's actually a little hard to use and I gave up before I poked my eyes out. I liked how this mascara didn't flake or clump, but the wet formula turned my lashes spike-looking instead of lush and full. I certainly never got any dramatic results.

on 7/14/2012 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this mascara, but for the price I paid, I should love it. I does what it says, it gives me amazing lashes, my sister even told me it looked like I had false eyelashes on. However, it's not consistent, some days I find myself having to put little effort into getting good lashes, other days no matter how hard I try, I get clumpy lashes. That's another problem, it can clump very easily, its a thin line between amazing lashes and awful lashes. Another issue I have is that is such a PAIN to remove! Even with my Clinuque Take the Day Off Balm, which removes everything so easily, I have to massage my eyes for like 20 minutes and even then I'm still left with smudges under my eyes! If this mascara was 10 bucks, I would absolutely adore it, because it does give you dramatic eyelashes w/o having to use falsies. However, I feel like the cons just don't make it worth the money. I won't be repurching this again. I much prefer Urban Decay's super curling mascara.

on 7/14/2012 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy expensive *horrible* mascara Batman! I admit, this was a splurge, $29.00 at Shoppers in Canada.
The brush is peculiar, with that little ball on the end, which really seemed kind of brilliant, as it would get those little lashes in the corner of the eye. The brush itself is pretty genious.
The formula is the problem. Too liquidy, too much gets on the brush and beyond 1 coat it's a chunky, clumpy mess. I've never liked Benefit mascara and this is another fail.

on 7/12/2012 4:00:00 AM

Like this mascara. It does make your lashes look very long and thick. The only problem I find is that it smudges a lot, so if you have oily skin or almond eyes like myself it's probably not suitable for you.

on 7/9/2012 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

awful mascara, it does nothing, difficult to apply and remove, doesnt give volume and length, doesnt hold the curl. A total waste of money.the only thing good is the tip of the brush works fine for bottom lashes, i guess it would work well for someone with really full lashes.

Okay. Conflicted feelings here.
I LOVE the way this mascara goes on, and it makes my lashes really dramatically curly! It has deteriorated over time and doesn't add as much length because it's gotten clumpier, but that's to be expected over a year. (yes I am gross and keep my mascaras for a year)

BUT it is virtually impossible to get this stuff off. Think waterproof to the max. I use makeup remover, then oil, then water, and still there's a lot of the waxy formula left on my lashes. This makes me not want to apply it unless it's a really special occasion. And that's kind of lame- you want to apply your mascara freely and if it's nice, use it whenever you want. I can't buy this again because of the awful formula.

Popular Mascaras