Queen Helene Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), juglans regia (walnut) shell powder, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, glycerin, cocamidoproply betaine, kaolin, isopropyl myristate, dimethicone, triethanolamine, fragrance (parfum), phenoxyethanol, carbomer 940, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben.

on 2/11/2008 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really loved the way this made my skin feel especially when I used the Mint Julep Masque. I never had acne prone skin when I was a teenager but now that I'm in my mid-20's I've been getting acne. This really helped minimize the acne.

on 2/1/2008 5:17:00 PM

I used to own this back in high school... but remember it being mintier? That could be just me, also the packaging is different so I don't know if they changed the formula. Well, I remember my friend commenting one day on how smoothe and radiant my skin was becoming after I began using this. Now years later I bump across the reviews here on MUA and asked myself why the heck I stopped purchasing such an effective yet cheap product... I think I remember now after some weeks of using this daily, this turns my skin blotchy... isn't an exfoliator supposed to do the opposite? Overall it's an "ehh" quality exfoliator. Decleor's phyto peel on the other hand is my HG... truly spectacular, see my review for that if interested.

EDIT: This deserves more merit than I gave it. Its very gentle, and it's one of the few cleansers that doesn't leave a film behind or break me out.

on 1/11/2008 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is the best scrub out there. i've tried so many different ones, including high end brands, and this one is the best. the little granules are the perfect size. it doesn't dry out my skin, either. it isn't too weak, but at the same time, it does exfoliate all the dead skin.
i wouldn't buy this again though, only because i use a face towel now. i find that small face towels to work better than any scrub out there, including this. =)

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I really like this scrub a lot. It's similar to Dermalogica's Skin Prep Scrub, but a lot more, at a fraction of the cost. This is really more of a polish since that's how fine the bits of shell are, and how gentle it is on your skin. It's gentle enough to use everyday. I've been using a Retinol product on my skin at night, and I wash with this in the morning, before putting on my moisturizer/sunscreen. You still need another cleanser as you can't use this around your eyes, but a woderful inexpensive scrub, that will last a few months. Less than $3 at Sally's. Will repurchase!

Huge rave for this stuff! I've tried all kinds of scrubs, low end to high end, and this is by far the best. My skin usually has some visible flakes when I apply makeup. This scrub completely takes care of the flakes! Grains seem to be an excellent size and are abraisive enough to do the job without scraping. That said, use a light tough b/c natural exfoliants (walnut in this case) can be damaging if you scrub too hard. Overall- love the smell, love the product. . .Will continue to repurchace!

This is my HG facial scrub. The particle size is PERFECT. Not too grainy like St. Ives, but enough to definitely scrub flakes away. I use Retin-A nightly, and use this in the morning before makeup. My skin is perfect. And it doesn't even smell minty like the masque- It actually reminds me of some of Aveda's product scents.

on 11/21/2007 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this scrub. it left my dry, sensitive skin feeling smooth and soft. I've only used it once, but so far I am very satisfied.

on 11/19/2007 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this product after reading the reviews here, and I must say this stuff is working pretty good so far. I've been using this for about 3 1/2 weeks and am amazed that those deep tight little pimples that I believe came from using too many "acid" products, came to head and are drying up nicely. I don't see any new bumps yet, so I'm convinced this is an HG for me until then. I've found that I only need to use this once a day (in the evening, because I wear make up during the day). I use this after cleansing with Cetaphil for sensitive skin. I use peroxide as a toner and follow with Cetaphil lotion (a little goes a long way for facial use).

on 11/6/2007 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

It's a good scrub but not an outstanding one. I would say it has a medium quality ... not over the moon with this one but I guess I have to try it more to get better results ( Ive only used it 3-4 times so far). Hopefully Im going to rave about it soon and will become my HG scrub. We'll update after some time if I see any good results.

on 11/4/2007 4:27:00 PM

I decided to give this a shot after trying and loving the mint julep masque so much and reading the reviews here. I've been using this for about two weeks and I really like it so far.

My skin is very sensitive, but this scrub is gentle enough for me to use every day, often twice a day. Other scrubs I've used in the past tended to irritate my skin after a handful of uses. My face feels nice and clean afterwards, but not stripped, and it doesn't leave any sort of icky residue behind. My skin isn't perfect, but it has cleared up considering since I've started using this, and I've not had any major breakouts. Yay.

Edit to add: I've been using this stuff for four months now, and I still love it. Best facial scrub I've ever used. It doesn't seem to do as good of a job on blackheads as it used to, so I use it in conjunction with good old cold cream and witch hazel. If they ever stopped making this stuff, I don't know what I'd do.

Popular Scrubs