Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

4.3

WATER. ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER. BUTYLENE GLYCOL. SD ALCOHOL 40. BEHENETH-30. AMMONIUM ACRYLATES/METHYL STYRENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER. GLYCERIN. MYRISTOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-17. 1,2-HEXANEDIOL. ACRYLATES/OCTYLACRYLAMIDE COPOLYMER. CAPRYLYL GLYCOL. ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN. PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLYGLYCERYL-3 DISILOXANE DIMETHICONE. PHENOXYETHANOL. SODIUM HYDROXIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. BLACK 2.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Overall I do like this eyeliner but there are defiantly better ones out there. I first tried ultra black and I really liked how dark the color was. I like the tip on this eyeliner and I find it fast and easy to apply. This does not smudge like a lot of drugstore eyeliners do but it does wipe off easily, so if you were to rub your eye it would come off. This however dried up REALLY quickly, which is the only reason why I wouldn't repurchase it. I only recommend the ultra black because I also tried the black and it was at most a medium grey color.

on 4/9/2013 11:04:00 PM

I think this eyeliner is amazing. I've got it in Ultra Black and the colour is pleasantly a solid black. I find the application of this eyeliner so easy. The tip is quite soft and glides onto my eyelids easily. Also given the softness of the tip - I'm easily able to get inbetween my lashes pain free. I highly recommend this eyeliner - it is a bit pricey but I think its well worth the money.

Check out my pic here: https://craylife.jux.com/1127419

on 4/5/2013 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pretty expensive here in Canada and bad cap but THE BEST LIQUID EYELINER, and I've tried them all!

on 4/4/2013 12:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My Jordana liquid liner pooped out and when I went to buy a new one it was watery and pale, wtf? I have a friend who swears by the Eye Booster so I grabbed one and I bow to her superior product recommendation. This thing is AWESOME. The brush is about twice as fine as the tip on the Jordana liners and it has the perfect amount of flex to contour pretty much intuitively to my lid. My cat eye got roughly 100x better the minute I opened the cap on this thing.

I got Brown and it's a very deep rich brown, still quite dramatic. The pen packaging is very nice with an expensive heft, a lid that really closes tight and a ball inside to keep the product mixed or liquid or whatever. Staying power is fine, haven't tested it out rigorously yet, but it doesn't smudge once it dries.

It's more than my cheap little heart prefers to shell out for an eyeliner but there seems to be a generous amount of product in there and I think it will last quite a while (esp since the packaging is well designed to keep it from drying out) so it's worth it. I don't often wear black liquid liner but one of these days I'll mosey around to buying one in black or deepest black, and YES, I will repurchase when it runs out, I think I will be loyal to this liner forever.

on 4/4/2013 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I had really high hopes for this liner, but unfortunately, it just didn't live up to those hopes at all. When I initially tried this product out, I had purchased one that was dried up and wound up sending it back to Physicians Formula and waiting weeks before a replacement arrived. I thought surely that I'd have a better opinion of this eyeliner once I had a fresh one, but that just wasn't the case.
I'll start with what I like about it: the fine brush tip. It's exceptionally easy to get super skinny lines with this eyeliner and that's what attracted me to it. But that's the end of the Pros for me.
On to the Cons! I know many people here have already mentioned it, but the wimpy "Ultra Black" color is a huge let down. I can't help but feel that this eyeliner would have more impact and perhaps even better staying power if it was more pigmented (or maybe sans the totally useless eyelash serum) and matte. The color may not have been such a massive drawback if you could build this liner up but the brush tip seems to easily become clogged when you attempt to layer it. This brings me to my second gripe: it's nearly impossible for me to get a continuous flow from this eyeliner. Sure, in theory the pen style liner seems much less frivolous and user-friendly when compared to the traditional "pot" style eyeliners that must be dipped, but in practice...not so much. While you don't have to dip this liner, if it becomes clogged or the tip runs dry, you have to shake the living daylights out of it and mark up something to get the flow kind of going again. Personally, running out the door in a hurry with eyeliner marks all over the back of my hand just isn't worth it to me.
Finally, this eyeliner really has almost no staying power whatsoever. Water and friction, even the tiniest amount, will annihilate this eyeliner. If you've got allergies or are just generally someone with watery eyes, this isn't going to work for you. I've had the slightest tearing from a sneeze completely melt off the entire outer corner of my eyeliner before and it's not cute or convenient to have to touch up. What's worse is simply the movement of my lashes during mascara application causes this liner to crack/break up. I'm not even kidding. It goes from a smooth black line to a raggedy grey-ish mess after I've put on mascara which of course requires a touch up. To be frank, a nearly $12 dollar eyeliner shouldn't preform this poorly.
While the pen style and ultra fine tip may be amazing for people like me with small and/or hooded eyes, I really just don't think this eyeliner is worth the price. The dull color, hassle it takes to get a smooth line, and the overall lack of staying power are definitely reasons that make this eyeliner a justifiable non-repurchase for me.

on 3/31/2013 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

one word.. AWESOME!

on 3/30/2013 7:18:00 PM

I almost love this eyeliner: the brush tip is the perfect shape and even my clumsy self didn't have any trouble tracing the perfect line. The serum is a nice touch as well, although I haven't been using it enough to see any results.
The only drawback is the colour I've picked, Black, which is not nearly pigmented enough to pass off as black: it looks more like a very dark grey. Also, while it can be easily rubbed off, it doesn't smudge as much as other eyeliners do.
I think I'd try Ultra Black for an effectively pigmented black eyeliner but overall, it's extremely nice to apply!

on 3/27/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is better than BB gel liners, and easier to apply than other liquid formulas I've tried.

I've replaced BB Caviar Ink with this liner in brown - the color may not be as rich, but it's definitely worth it for this small concession. I don't have fallout/raccoon eyes, smudging, etc. I don't have to carry around a brush and glass pot anymore, I don't need to wash a brush constantly.

Most importantly, though, this eyeliner is so well-behaved. The staying power is great, and when it does reach the end of a looong day, it just fades slightly - no more fallout, flaking, smudging - I know I keep on saying this, but really, I thought that it wasn't possible for an eyeliner to truly stay put. This one doesn't migrate anywhere.

I don't know about the lash boosting claims, and don't buy it for that purpose. There is a bit of a learning curve with the application, but once you get the hang of it, you can draw such a flawless, clean line. So happy to have read the reviews here and bought it!

on 3/26/2013 12:57:00 PM

This product gets 5 stars all around for me. It is # 1 liquid eyeliner for me personally, I love everything about it- the tip that is not too stiff not too flexible, it makes a perfect line- you can have a thinnest line ever or a thick line if you want. Goes on so smooth and makes a perfect smooth line, easy to control. I don't want anything else, and reach for this one 99% of the time. As for the serum part .. yeah whatever, I did not buy it for the growing lashes benefit (simply don't believe an eye liner can do it :)) . Recommend to anyone who wants an easy controllable eyeliner with a choice of thin or thick line and stays on me all day.

on 3/22/2013 1:58:00 AM

I really like this eyeliner. I first heard of this liner on a YT makeup tutorial by Jean from Extra Petite, who said it was a good but less pigmented dupe for the Lorac liquid liner. I purchased mine in Ultra Black -- I saw another reviewer said the color came out grey. I actually thought the same when I first applied it. I realized, however, you have to wait for it to dry and also apply another layer or two, bc it is less pigmented. Therefore, it does take some time to apply, definitely longer than gel liner.

I haven't used long enough to give an opinion about its lash-boosting effects.

Overall, I would prefer using MAC Blacktrack, but that is only bc I like the slightly thicker line of gel liners instead of the very fine liquid liner. For those, however, who want a thinner line, this is a really great black liquid liner. *just as a note* you have to get it in *Ultra Black* not just black. I made the mistake of purchasing the regular black color instead of Ultra Black, and it is not pigmented at all.