St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrated Silica, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Methyl 2 Sulfolaurate, Polyacrylate 1 Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Glycereth 18 Ethylhexanoate, Kaolin, Disodium 2 Sulfolaurate, Camellia Senensis Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) Extract, Olea Europa (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Brown Algae) Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Yeast Extract (Foex, Extrait de Levure), Hydrolized Jojoba Esters, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycereth 18, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisoptiazolinone, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 4 (CI 14700), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090)

on 5/16/2012 8:48:00 PM

This is a good scrub if you dont want to spend a lot of money. I prefer that one to the apricot scrub since its not as rough as the apricot scrub. It smells great, and I use this maybe 3 to 4 times a week and my skin is gorgeous :)

on 5/14/2012 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I agree that this is an okay scrub. A little harsh for my sensitive/acne-prone skin. The scrubbers are really tiny but feel sort of sharp on my face. That being said, I was never left with any irritation, but I also don't think it did much for my skin, either. Would not repurchase, as I'm trying hard to simplify my routine.

on 5/14/2012 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product is okay... I can remember buying it because of the "green tea" in the title. I cannot say I love it... But I have been through 5 tubes, haha. It doesn't wow me, but it also doesn't irritate my skin and fights my little bouts of acne. I wouldn't mind finding something better :)

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like this just as much as the original St. Ive's apricot scrub. It's not as coarse, so I can't really use it to buff out my dry skin, but it is GREAT for blemishes and for the overall appearance of my skin. It gives me a nice glowing look. I actually like to use this as a face mask, applying it to damp skin and allowing it to dry before washing it off. Exfoliates beautifully and smells great.

on 5/12/2012 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I decided to buy this product after I finished my apricot scrub and was looking for an exfoliating cleanser I could use several times a week, also I have a weakness for all things green tea! I adore the smell, but this scrub didn't really do much for my skin: it didn't break me out, nor did it stop me from breaking out. As a previous reviewer mentioned, I also noticed how the apricot scrub was more abrasive, of which I felt helped exfoliate my skin better than the green tea.

on 5/2/2012 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Price is great. Was just under $4.00 cdn at Walmart. Tube packaging is convenient and sanitary. This scrub is too drying for my combination/oily clog-prone skin. Even for my oily t-zone, this dried my skin and then some. Fragrance is too much and sensitizing - there was a slight burn upon application. The only thing that it has going for it is the generous amount of tiny granules, which I really liked. Shame. Could be so much better. I guess for the price, it's worth trying, though I won't be using this again. I'm not about to sabotage my quasi-clear skin by letting it go into sebum production overload. Not sure why it good a "Very Good" rating on Beautypedia.

on 4/30/2012 1:45:00 AM

Ok, so I don't suffer from acne. I never had trouble with pimples. I occasionally get like 1 or 2 little ones here and there but it never bothers me. They go away within a few days on their own. Surprisingly a few weeks ago I noticed I had a lot of tiny flesh colored bumps all over my forehead that you could notice right away! They looked pretty gross. I freaked out and right away researched different acne products. It seemed like a lot of people liked this one so I decided to give it a try. I've been using it for almost 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it!!!! It got rid of my tiny nasty bumps within like 3 days or 2! Its gently on my skin, doesn't feel rough, doesn't leave a dry feeling afterwards and it smells really nice. My face feels really clean after using it. I use it almost everyday in the shower. My face feels and looks healthy.

Honestly I prefer the apricot scrub. I know that alot of people prefer this one rather than the apricot because it's less abrasive, but I actually really like the abrasiveness of the apricot scrub. The green tea scrub didn't clear my skin up as well as the apricot scrub did, so if you have more severe acne in my opinion the apricot scrub is more effective. But the good part about this is if you have more sensitive skin and you are looking for a more gentle scrub then this one is for you. It's not a bad product, I just prefer the other version.

on 3/25/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hmm....kind of hard to believe this got good reviews. This product was just not right for my skin as it was pasty, sticky, and I personally did not like the scent. Even after I try to wash it out, I'll find it in my eyebrows and hair and lips. It does nothing to even help my blemishes either.

on 3/24/2012 9:47:00 PM

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH.
It is my absolute favorite scrub of ALL time.
It's really gentle and reduces redness and slowly fades acne. Its little beads are relaxing on the skin and doesn't make me break out, except it hasn't really been working on some acne on the chin, but that's what cleansers are for. I recommend this to anyone with acne prone skin.

Popular Scrubs