Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 1/5/2008 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

the only thing I liked about this product is that it removed my makeup, and that is about it.

This is my new favorite cleanser. I've been using it for a few weeks now and so far I'm really loving it. My skin looks a lot nicer now and I love that it's very gentle on my dry skin, but still cleanses very well. I've had problems with a good many of other cleansers breaking me out and I've had no problems with this one.

on 1/3/2008 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I liked this cleanser a lot, but am definetly not attached to it enough not to try something else. It smells great and removes m/u well, but I have just found another cleanser that I like more (Knutek Advanced Cleanser).

on 1/3/2008 1:43:00 PM

I was very optimistic about this cleanser, as I feel that the philosophy line is pretty well respected. However, it immediately made my face break out. Will not try any of their skincare products again anytime soon.

on 1/3/2008 11:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I really like this cleanser. I wear full makeup, so foundation, blush, eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner. This removes everything. I don't use waterproof and i don't use it to remove lipstick. This melts away the makeup and the few times I followed with a toner, the cotton ball was clean, so it really does remove everything. I use this only at night to remover my face and cleanse before bed.

I have combination (normal/oily) skin, prone to occasional breakouts. This has not added to my breakouts. It does have a distinctive scent, but I do find it enjoyable. I will repurchase this, as I think I have finally found a good all purpose cleanser!

on 1/3/2008 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. I used it for 2 weeks and saw my complexion clear up a bit, redness reduce, forehead and nose become less oily and my skin was never dry. It smells lovely and is a treat to use.

on 1/2/2008 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Eyes: Violet

I actually didn't expect to change a thing about my skincare. I am happy removing my makeup (which is minimal most days) with some creamy moisturizer and a cloth.

However I received a sample packet of this lovely stuff with my QVC order of my very first Philosophy 3-in-1s. I was sucked in. The ingredients are nice. I love the essential oils and absolutes--the lack of synthetic perfume makes it easy on my eyes (pun...). It also smells great for nighttime.

I have oily/combo/acne-prone skin, so the oils scared me. I found that they actually deep clean into my pores if I rub long enough, gently. I finish up with a bit of LUSH Fresh Farmacy solid complexion soap and moisturize.

This is a very effective product as far as makeup removal and moisturization goes. It takes off the thickest, ickiest mascara coating.

The packaging is neat and minimalist, which I love.

A little goes a long way, but the price is a tad high. Still, for what I view as a high-quality product that my picky skin takes to...love it.

on 1/1/2008 11:41:00 PM

All hype! I've been using this cleanser for three weeks now and it definitely does not live up to the hype or price. If anything, I've been breaking out more since I've been washing with it. The texture is definitely too thick for my liking. I heard someone from Philosophy on QVC saying that you shouldn't wet your face before applying this, but that makes it impossible to spread around. I really need to stop watching QVC.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this cleanser, because it gets off all the dirt and the day's makeup after my evening workout. I don't notice the smell at all, and I like that I don't have to use a separate makeup remover to get my makeup off before washing my face. I have combination skin which is also acne-prone and while I find that this doesn't do the most stellar job of staving off acne, it certainly doesn't make it worse, either. It's a nice "everyday" cleanser.

on 1/1/2008 1:58:00 AM

Is it just me or does Philosophy's skincare line have an awful smell to it? I received this in a kit with other Philosophy skincare items, and I was excited to try this cleanser as I read this stuff is supposed to cleanse, remove make-up, tone, and moisturize, basically an all-in-one. To begin, the texture is thick, not runny which is good as it doesn't run out of your hands when you activate it w/ water. It lathered up pretty well in my hand before I applied it all over my face. The slight scent ( hard to describe), was bothersome, but not as bad as their HIAJ (ewww). It rinsed off pretty well, I didn't feel like I had a film of any sort on my face, but I did notice that it made my skin sometimes feel tight and dry. I thought this stuff was supposed to also moisturize a bit? It didn't completely take off all my make-up as I still had traces of mascara and e/l on...on QVC ( where I ordered it from), the model was wearing a full face of m/u, mascara and e/l included, and it seemed to come off her face after she washed w/ Purity Made Simple ~ perhaps it was TV magic to amaze someone like me into purchasing it. All-in-all, I didn't care for this facial cleanser. I have since moved onto cleansing oil, and that does take off all traces of m/u, and leaves my skin feeling soft, and looking clean. I will NOT be repurchasing or recommending Purity Made Simple to anyone!