BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2006 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. NĀ° 05827/N

on 11/12/2012 10:10:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Shocked that this has low reviews. I really love this mascara!This is something everyone should try.the volume this product gives you is amazing.I don't know how but it really lengthens my lashes and makes a huge difference.I have zero complaints and def. would repurchase.Oh and no trouble taking it off.

on 11/11/2012 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I haven't had any of the troubles others have noted. Nice separation, no clumps, and easy to take off.

on 11/11/2012 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product had gotten such high reviews that I just had to try it too. I have pretty low curving eyelashes that could use both lifting and volume and this product definately delivers volume! It's funny because maybelline swears that the magic is in the brush shape, but the brush of this product is pretty...simple looking and the bristles are pretty short. ehh.. It's a nice product :P

on 11/9/2012 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Benefit tests on animals .....enough said! I don't need someone to torture an innocent creature so that I can have this mascara. There are plenty of great companies that don't test on animals that have great products. Get with the times Benefit, this isn't 1950 anymore and a new generation doesn't agree with your archaic practices!

on 11/8/2012 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Long lasting (in the wrong kind of way)
Stuck to my lashes and wash very difficult to wash off.
Made my lashes stick together.
Gave me the scary spider look... ICK.

This mascara sucks. Stick to Great Lash.

on 11/8/2012 7:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this product in a monthly sample subscription box. I do like the way that it makes my eyelashes look, and my boyfriend thought that I was actually wearing false lashes. However, I can get similar results with covergirl lash blast, or loreal voluminous false fiber lashes for a fraction of the price. This stuff is also horribly difficult to remove which I am not at all a fan of.

on 11/8/2012 7:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I honestly don't see the WOW factor in this mascara. For me its just give my lashes a natural look - not much length and ZERO volume! The only thing its good for is separating my lashes. I go back and forth from using regular bristles to rubber/plastic ones. And after using this, I am sticking with the classic bristles! The little spikes hurt my waterline too if I want to get right at the base of my lashes *ouch*
One point for staying power, another for separation. Don't believe the hype!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

So here is the good and the bad about They're Real.

THE GOOD:
um... well it made my lashes look nice for maybe a week?

THE BAD:
At first it was too wet and stuck all my lashes together.
Then it worked for about a week and looked great... until it dried out...
It lasted about a month. And it was 30 bucks.

So if you want to pay 30 bucks a month to have your eyelashes look nice for about a week.. this is the mascara for you :)

on 11/6/2012 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Tried this on the basiss of rave reviews from make-up artist at Ulta. The mascara itself didn't deliver but what was worse was the plastic brush. The hard plastic bristles felt like they were damaging my lash line. Yuk.

on 11/5/2012 3:50:00 AM

I got this in the sample size sold at Ulta. For me, it not only failed to add the drama of false eyelashes, (as the name implies it will), but it didn't even perform like a good daytime mascara intended for low key or natural looks I really like New York Color Instant Lash Mascara for that purpose. It looks natural but doesn't make my lashes look underwhelming. At several hundred percentage points up the price scale, Benefit's TR actually looked duller and duller as the day wore on. Building it up with layers didn't seem to help at all. Though I've read that other reviewers find it to be a deep, dramatic black, for some reason the color seems to show up as a soft, dull black on me.(it might be the undertones of this particular black). On a positive note, it didn't smudge or flake or leave me with raccoon eyes nor did it irritate my eyes at all.

Popular Mascaras