Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes - Matte Black 0L

3.5

on 12/4/2009 1:13:00 AM

So far, this is the only pencil eyeliner that had minimal smudging on my waterline after 8 hrs of school...
Application is very easy, goes on smoothly! The only major downfall with this eyeliner is that, sharpening is like a torture! the product breaks off easily and creates clumps around the blade!!!! which makes lots of mess since its a very pigmented liner....

But overall, product was great :)

on 12/2/2009 2:54:00 PM

I have been wearing black eyeliner pretty much every day for about 11 years now so trust me when I say I've tried TONS!! This is hands down, by far, the BEST eyeliner I have EVER tried!
The color is dark black. A REAL black! I hate it when you have to keep drawing over and over to get good color payoff, this one is solid true black with just one swipe!
It glides on super smooth! No tugging, pulling or anything like that. Nice and buttery!
Now the staying power is what really made me fall in love! Before trying this I was getting so frustrated with having to refresh my eyeliner every couple of hours because it would start to fade. I felt like such a slave to makeup. I was also sick of the liner transferring to my eyelid and ruining my eyeshadow when I'd try and wipe the eyeliner off the lid!! So annoying! The aqua eyes however, STAYS PUT! It doesn't fade, it doesn't transfer, it doesn't move. Stays right where you put it ALL DAY LONG. I've slept with it on before and it's still there in the morning.

My new HG eyeliner! I am definitely going to try it in the other colors! I will for sure buy the mat black over and over again!!!!!!!!

on 11/17/2009 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

HG!!! AI have oily lids so everything I've tried has smudged. This stuff stays put until I wash it off. I have fallen asleep with this on and it was perfect the next morning. It is waterproof and the color is rich. It goes on smoothly and doesn't tug on my lids. It smudges well with my MAC 219 for a smokey look. I love this stuff!!!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I haven't really found a pencil liner that's waterproof enough for my eyelid for it to be 100% smudgeproof - but that being said, MUFE aqua eyes is the only one that I trust to get the job done. when i'm too lazy to use a gel liner, I'd go with this one.

It's a stable in my kit, and for the majority of people, this one is very black and very waterproof!

I do find it expensive but not outrageous...it does not break as easily when you sharpen (compared to the Stila Kajal liner, that breaks so easily) I don't know how the packaging could be improved - but I guess my secret wish is that it would be longer in length (aka=more product!) ^^

on 11/10/2009 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best pencil liner I've found yet. Urban Decay's 24/7 pencil in Zero was just too soft for me and smudged after a while. However the Aqua Eyes pencil stays put all day and isn't too soft. Its the longest lasting pencil I've found for the kohl as well. For those who have smudging issues, try using an eye primer ALL around your eye area - I'm talking all the way over your brows and into your lash lines. This should help greatly with any smudging issues, since oil is produced at the hair folicle rather than in the skin. The only issue I have with this pencil is that it can be hard (and wasteful) to sharpen without a decent sharpener. I recommend the small steel ones you can find at art supply stores, they work great!

on 11/10/2009 3:53:00 PM

This eye liner is just fine. I have experienced that it will dry out even if you have the cap on. I don't think I will buy it again, I'd rather try to find something better. It works just fine but I wouldn't say that I love it

on 10/1/2009 2:07:00 PM

pros
- lasts forever
- is truly waterpoof
-highly pigmented

cons
- drys out quickly and i still have cap, so i am forced to pull tug and fool around with lighters
-is impossible to get off even with waterproof eye makup remover will literally not fade for days if i have worn al lot

- 3 starts because although its not easy to apply or take off it lasts forever!
i would only use this if i was doing heavy activity and needed eyeliner like swimming or being at the beach or late night out

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I usually have a hard time with soft pencil liners because by the end of the day it's been smudged off or creeps into my wrinkles, however with Make For Ever ...this does not happen.

It's still on by the end of the day just like it was when I first put it on.
It's soft and creamy so it glides on easily.

I love this eyeliner!!

on 9/21/2009 5:44:00 PM

It smears and the pencil tip is too thick, you would have to sharpen if you want to draw natural looking lines.

on 9/18/2009 12:42:00 PM

I looove this eyeliner! In the past, I'd look like a racoon with smudges but not with this eyeliner. I put this on at 1pm and ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes and the liner still looked like I just put it on. I was amazed that it looked exactly the same though I had gone for a pretty intense run and was dripping sweat. Liner was in the inner rim of my eye which you'd think makes it more vulnerable to disappearing but didn't. I looked at the mirror again at 9pm and it still looked perfect with no smudges. However,the sephora rep told me that it all depends on the person (i e if u're teary, oily etc). I'm not esp teary whatever that means and I have combo skin. I'm Asian and had no problems with this at all. I'd encourage u to try it on for free at Sephora and then walk around all day go home etc and keep on for 6 hrs at least. If it doesnt smear then you can buy it.