Cetaphil Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

4.2

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG-20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May also contain Sodium Palm Kernelate.

on 10/20/2007 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I HAVE to continually buy this product for both my son and myself! He has exzema and I have very dry skin on my body. If I use anything with any fragrance in it I go crazy with itching. I like this better than the liquid cleanser because it lathers up very well. I think It is more expensive than other soaps but I must use it. LOVE IT!

on 10/5/2007 1:49:00 AM

The first day i used it I felt my cheek is still a little bit of dry, then I experiment with it a bit I figured I shouldn't make too much foam and wash too long, esp right now it's fall-winter. w/o using too much foam it's not drying at all. After a few days of using it, I find out every morning i wake up with my skin looks fresh and clean =). Really like it so far, will update it if it gets too dry for winter season.

update: I'v been using this almost 3 weeks already, and so far it hasnt dry my skin out yet. I also used a "soap saver", which is the foaming bag thing, it foams up very nicely ( for people like foamy feeling) and leave skin feeling cleansed and non-drying.

on 9/22/2007 9:34:00 PM

Wow! This seems to be a wonderful product. The feel of the bar in your hands is so silky and it leaves your skin soft and healthy looking. I tried the anti-bacterial version, but I think I prefer this one. Doesn't dry my face out and leaves my entire body looking and feeling so baby soft! Great stuff.

Update: Still loving this bar soap, it is gentle, pleasant to use and does wonders for my sensitive skin. Love it!

on 9/9/2007 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this product based on the reviews here. It seemed like fewer people had clogged pores from this as opposed to the liquid wash. I am very glad I picked it up! it was $4 U.S. for a bar at the Target by me. It washed my face so that it felt clean but not totally stripped. Dried me a tiny bit more than I want, but every cleanser dries me out horribly, so this one is definitly ok. did not leave behind any residue. Did not turn my very delicate, sensitive, dry skin red or irritate me at all. Lathers wonderfully. I haven't used it long enough to tell if it breaks me out at all, as it can take weeks for it to show, but so far I would say this is a keeper!!!!!! love it. *UPDATE* used this on my 6 day camping trip to michigan. only washed my face in the morning, and slept with tons of mud, dirt, grease and smoke on my face. (gross, right? lol) I did not break out once!!!!!!! no red marks, no pimples, just clear, beautiful skin. my sunburn did not even peel. I could not believe it. I also used the moisturizing lotion while out there. no clogged pores at all. LOVE!!!

on 9/7/2007 3:03:00 PM

I like this soap as its very moisturizing, won't dry out the skin and it cleanses very well, the best is that its very cheap. This is better than the cleansing lotion in every way.

on 8/10/2007 9:20:00 PM

I have been wearing a longwear foundation for a few weeks now, and realized I was not really getting all of it off at night, even while using various cream or oil makeup removers beforehand. So, after reading a few reviews, I decided to try this with my DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and it was fantastic! Hardly a spec of dirt remained (confirmed with my occasional use toner.) The bonus was it was so inexpensive. A downer that it is a bar as it isn't nice for travel, but otherwise, it's a godsend! Highly recommend!

on 6/5/2007 2:18:00 PM

I really like this soap. My skin is sensitive and can dry out easily and this doesn't make my face tight after I wash it. I like that it does a good job of taking off my makeup everything but the masscara. It also doesn't make me break out like other cleansers I've tried. It's a great soap for the price and I'll continue to buy it.

on 5/30/2007 11:31:00 AM

I will use this until the day I die! I like to buy it from Costco/BJs in big bulk sets in which case it is obviously dirt cheap, esp. compared to most of what's out there in this category. I am with the rest of you who hate the liquid version of this..I think it feels awful and not clean at all. This bar, on the other hand, smells very subtle, leaves your skin feeling soft/clean/never oily and lasts a while. Soap bars are a pain to travel with but get yourself a soap box and all you need is cetaphil. I swear, whether my skin is breaking out or dry or perfect this soap is what I always reach for and would hate to ever be without.

on 5/27/2007 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I started off using the fluid cleanser, and wondered why people raved about it. I found it icky and cloggy feeling. Then I tried the bar, and fell in love. The bar cleans without stripping, lasts for ages, is very cost effective, and it WORKS! Takes off makeup, cleanses my sensititve skin without irritating. Is'nt that what cleansers are supposed to do?

on 5/21/2007 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

One of best facial soap bars out there! It cleans well, rinses well! It is gentle and moisturizing! It smells good too! Another wonderful product from Cetaphil.