L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was intrigued by the claim this product made -- a liquid eyeliner in a pencil -- but I really don't love it. It's VERY soft and impossible to make a thin, precise liquid-like line with it. However, the black is really intense, and when I sort of dot it along my lashline, it looks ok. I can't use it for my water line because it will smear off. It's also difficult to remove.

on 10/8/2011 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

So this is a great liner. For me, there are 3 important things a black eyeliner must possess for me to rate is so high. Must wear without running, even without primer. Must be super black. Must be able to put it on without tugging or pulling on my lid. This pencil does all three things beautifully. Whereas MAC Engraved is black and doesn't run it isn't very soft. MAC Feline is soft and super black but smudges like hell. UD Zero is a softer black shade but the pencil tugs a bit and still smudges a bit on me. Stilas kohl pencils are very soft, but again smudges. So therefore, this is the best thing I have tired. And it really does give a gel liner look. For $8 it's a steal and def. worth giving a try. I am sure you won't be disappointed esecially since I wasn't and I've tried everything out there!

on 10/4/2011 12:48:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Everything has been said about this. It is an amazing eyeliner , i LOVE eyeliner, i buy all forms of it, liquid, gel, pencil. This is an amazing eyeliner, amazing color, i tell all my friends about it. YES I WOULD BUY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!

on 10/4/2011 12:42:00 AM

I've heard of this through my sister and she raved about it so I decided to give it a try when I was down in Walmart Tulalip. For a drugstore brand liner it was pretty expensive, 8 usd if memory serves me right,

Anyway when I used it, I just had to line once using the Carbon black colour. It is as highly pigmented as the other more expensive brands. Unfortunately it smudges on me. :( I'm not so sure if I'll buy it again...

I LOVED this eyeliner! It is so pigmented, but unfortunately, it creates a greasy film over my freshlook colorblends. This is weird because when I was wearing the purevision brand contacts it didn't do that. I can't see out when I wear this with contacts and I used drops but it only works for a second then it's cloudy again. When I took them out, they had a cloudy film over it, you could see the grease. If you don't wear contact lenses, I recommend this, if you can put up with it breaking. That's another reason why I wouldn't repurchase, it's too annoying because it is so soft. If you can put up with that, the product is great.

on 9/29/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wow, I am floored by this! This is now my new HG.Thanks to Kandee Johnson's youtube video, I discovered this gem. I got this in carbon black... it is the creamiest, smoothest, darkest black I've ever come across. Plus the staying power is absolutely amazing!!! I can't stop raving about this!!! This beats my UD Zero, MUFE, MAC or any eyeliners I've ever owned. Will definitely repurchase this. For only $7.50, your money's worth goes far beyond! Every makeup lover should buy this!! No more spending $20+ on a mediocre eyeliner!

on 9/29/2011 2:39:00 AM

Amazing. The pigmentation on this eyeliner is just mind-blowing. HG.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

these are awesomeness to the maxx!

They just might be the best pencils I've ever used. Better then my previously loved Revlon Colorstay, much better the the UD 24/7... great GREAT stuff.

The pencil is soft and glides on effortlessly - no skipping, no tugging, no going over it several times to get a dark, intense color. They are super creamy, but after they set to DO NOT smudge. There's been times were I've accidentally fallen asleep while wearing this still, and in the morning it's still there, looking pretty darn acceptable.

Only things I can complain about ... they are SO soft and creamy that they dull super fast, and when you sharpen them it takes off a lot of pencil, so I think there is a lot of waste and wonder if an automatic form would make more sense, but perhaps they are too soft for that. Also, it still wears away a little on the water line, but no where near as much as many other eyeliners I have tried, and they don't run or give me raccoon eyes.

I have this in brown and grey, which are pretty dark compared to a lot of other pencils. They define really well. I love that the brown is a dark chocolate brown that is does not show up reddish or orange at all -- some browns make me look tired because they are too warm.

A little pricey for a drugstore, but I am very happy with them!

on 9/14/2011 8:29:00 PM

I love the intensity of this eyeliner. It's dark black and goes on smoothly. It lasts pretty long for a pencil, however, I would still set it with a powder on top just in case and for extra staying power! It's also pretty smudge resistant once it sets which is a plus.

The thing I don't like is that it seems to smudge when I wear contacts =[ I went out last night and used this on my top waterline and bottom waterline and I noticed that my contacts kept on getting cloudy and blurry. I wasn't sure what was happening. If it was my makeup or just my contacts so I just kept adding eye drops which helped but then 5 min later my contacts would get blurry again. So, I had my friend wipe off my eyeliner in my top waterline and bottom waterline and it HELPED!

Main Point: I don't think this is good for lining your top or bottom waterline, IF you are wearing CONTACTS! It kept on smearing onto my contacts when I blinked which was super annoying! Just try it around the house, or apt, before you guys head out to see if it bugs your contacts! ( It might NOT happen to you, but just a warning it MIGHT! =]

Overall:
Intensity: Very pigmented and dark!
Smudge resistant!
Pretty long lasting
Very soft pencil for lining so NO tugging =]
Price: $8 ish depending on where you go
Would I buy again? : Maybe not, just because It doesn't work well with my contacts BUT I do enjoy everything else about it!

Hope this helps guys!

on 9/10/2011 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm a big fan of this eyeliner except I must admit I do have to set it with eyeshadow because it smudges. I would love if they name up with a waterproof version of this. I love the very intense black. I've always like the intensity of liquid liners but for some reason I'm allergic to them. Finally, I've found a decent priced pencil liner that possess the intensity of a liquid liner.