Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

3.0

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

on 5/12/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I didn't like it .. I prefer LOREAL Revitalift Miracle Blur Instant Skin Smoother .

on 5/10/2014 9:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was so excited about this primer but sadly I'm not crazy about it, I don't know why people love the packaging so much, I prefer my make up to look more feminine than this but that doesn't matter at all.

Anyway on to the important stuff, the actual product is strange, it looks like silicone and is very lightweight.The first time I tried it I squeezed it on my fingers like normal and started to apply it to my face it goes on like air, you can barely even feel the product or where you've applied it. I put my foundation on a few minutes later and it felt so slippery and greasy all day.

I then went over to youtube to see what other people thought and took some advice from Nicole Guerriero and used a much smaller amount and rubbed it in really well. I then waited a few minutes as normal to apply my make and this time it was much better, my make up stayed on all day and looked OK. I was most excited about this primer being a pore filler as I have some visible pores by the sides of my nose, I didn't notice any difference here really they just looked the same.

I've not really recommended this to anyone as I'm not a huge fan but it seems to work well for other people, I personally haven't touched it for a few weeks now I think it will be my back up in case I run out of other primers or something but I don't think I'll buy it again.

on 5/7/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have mild acne and mildly oily skin and I really like this product. If your skin is like mine or worse, you don't need a lot which in my book isn't a bad thing because it last longer. It has a very silky/satin feel so I can understand some people would find this "greasy". However I find when I put a little drop on my finger tip and rub it together on my fingertips with both hands and then pat on my face it applies nicely. I might do a second round of patting where I feel I need it more and it's a nice primer also. It isn't a miracle worker and photoshops your flaws but it makes pores less visible and skin matte so for the price it's worth a try. LESS IS MORE!

After three tries, I finally threw this product out. I've been using Benefit PoreFessional and was looking for a cheaper alternative. This is certainly not it. It felt heavy on my skin and actually accentuated my pores. My foundation (Kat Von D Lock It) settled into the pores and my face was polka dotted! I actually had to take my makeup off and re-do it each time. It's like there was too much dimethicone, silicone, or one of the -cones in there. Foundation smeared everywhere. It was just a mess.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

To start off I'm fairly acne prone but this didn't break me out.

Second of all I have tried patting this in, rubbing this in, and rubbing this in then patting with a tissue to absorb any left over oil. I still end up an oil slick with this. I have orange-rind type pores on my cheeks. This does not fill them in.

I have no idea how anyone else gets this to work for them. It's more similar to the Smashbox primer than Porefessional. I'd use this for priming if it didn't leave me an oil slick.

on 5/3/2014 1:24:00 AM

When initially trying this product, I wasn't very impressed. Now however, I found a way to make it greatly diminish the look of my pores! I warm it up on sanitized fingers then lightly pat over skin and somewhat "press" into my skin that needs pore reduction with a rolling technique using the tips of my fingers. This in conjunction with doing the same technique with my foundation (the press/roll with my fingers on areas where my pores are larger, aka cheeks near my nose) then finishing with a light dust of translucent powder, pressed or loose, makes my pores practically invisible! A very thin layer is needed! While I use a brush for foundation, I still use the press/roll technique as mentioned above with my fingers where I want my pores minimized.

on 4/27/2014 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have used this for roughly a month now. I don't have super large pores, I generally apply this on my nose, chin, and upper cheeks. I mostly use this like a primer and it works great for me. I'm fair skinned and have just a few problem areas so this helps smooth my foundation really well. My only complaint is I wish it was bigger for the price.

on 4/24/2014 3:28:00 PM

I finally tracked this down in Canada and was excited to try it. I have massive pores on my nose and I have always used Benefit's Porefessional to hide them. I was hoping that this would be a cheaper alternative. Unfortunately, not the case. It's clear so it doesn't really hide anything. It blurred pores slightly, but not nearly as well as Porefessional (which has colour). Wasn't impressed.

After a few months I decided to try it again since I am now using a BB cream that does a decent job at covering my pores. I figured Baby Skin would make everything smoother. I didn't notice a difference, except that it broke me out terribly.

Would not recommend.

on 4/22/2014 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honestly, its a no-no for oily skin girls!

I've watched several Youtubers raving about this product and I managed to test it out at Watsons. I really like how smooth it felt on my hand, literally felt like baby skin.

However, after trying out a few times on my face, its a disaster! It blurs out my pores amazingly well but did not hold up my make up for long and is terrible at controlling sebum.

on 4/18/2014 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this for my birthday yesterday and tried it that day before going shopping in oxford street. I applied a tiny tiny amount to the back of my hand and transferred it to my cheeks, nose, chin and forehead. I then buffed it into my skin with a RealTechniques buffing brush. I noticed immediately that my skin looked and felt smoother and my pores ( I don't have large pores, but I don't have small ones) were significantly decreased. I waited for that to 'dry' or whatever while I blow dried my hair and then when I came to put my foundation on it was very smooth and easy and perfect. Here is the magical part: I was shopping in oxford street - always a sweaty, stressful, hassle and when I finished an looked in the mirror at the restaurant.... No shine, no grease, and my makeup was flawless apart from a small spot on my forehead. This made my foundation stay on all day and made my skin oil-free. My skin usually gets oily around 2/3 ish in the afternoon but it was perfect all day. Very impressed! Just put on a but today for a no makeup day and it makes my natural skin seem smooth and pore less. Definitely repurchasing! 4/5 stars.