Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ± ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

When I first tried this liner, I had an enormous smudgy mess in the fine lines around my eyes. After that experience, I made sure it was completely dry and in place before I blinked too much and ruined it.

After learning that valuable bit of information, I have to say that this is quite a good liner. The texture is smooth and consistent while I'm applying it and it lasts well. The brush is pretty useless, but a good angle brush will fix that. Will repurchase in black. Eggplant has no staying power and the formula is nowhere near as consistent.

on 3/14/2010 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the purple in this and OMG I'm not even close to happy. It runs like crazy and I don't really have a problem w/that usually. My mom loves this...but I just don't due to the fact o f the crazy running... :(

on 3/14/2010 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this at Target not too long ago. I first seen this product on youtube, I loved the pigment displayed on the video and how easy it glided on her eye lids. Then I read the reviews on MUA. I was so excited, when i got home i applied it right away… I have to say, i was really disappointed. I know the deal… swipe a few on the back of your hand, apply on eye lid, then wait (to dry). I did the steps correctly… and what happened? it smeared/ smudged like crazy (I mean all over). Seriously, if you're planning to buy this product… DON'T, save up a little more and get something better. I agree with the pervious review, buy something you can rely on. I gave it 3 lips because; 1.nice (deep) pigment 2.additional brush 3.$10.00 is a lot but i spent more ($20 and up) on products that actually damaged my eyes (this one didn't).

on 3/13/2010 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am retracting my previous statements. This eyeliner stays on if you apply a little bit of primer, and I find that I reach for this almost everyday. I love how the pigmentation is really strong! Texture isn't the best - not as smooth as some gel liners out there but I still like it. I don't use the brush that comes with it though, as I prefer angled liner brushes.

This is a great eyeliner - very impressive for a drug store brand. It's very similar to MAC fluidline, but I think MAC's is slightly better... I find the Maybelline liner isn't quite as rich in pigment and it doesn't apply as smoothly - I have to layer it to get a nice solid line, whereas with MAC one swipe is enough. On the other hand, Maybelline is cheaper than MAC and comes with a great little brush, perfect for fine lines and cat eyes. Both last all day (even with oily skin) and require some serious make-up remover to get off. I said I would buy this again because I think it's a great product, but I really prefer fluidline.

on 3/10/2010 12:06:00 AM

this is like the cheaper version of macs fluideline and i love it. therye both very comparable but i think maybelline did a better job than mac. i love fluideline but after trying this i think i like it better. to me it lasts longer and is a little darker. this is a great gel eyeliner and i'd definately reccomend it.

on 3/9/2010 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have both black and brown of these. It's amazing! The best gel eyeliner I have. It makes me not want to try Fluidline and BB gel liners anymore. Why would I wanna buy something expensive when this one already does the job?

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Overall, I like this liner (although I like the one from WnW better). It's not entirely bad, but it's not the best. It goes on smooth (at least for me) and it's easy to manipulate. I love the creamy texture and the color payoff. It seems to work well for me, and I only give it 4 lippies b/c there are other gel/creme liners out there IMO.

on 3/9/2010 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was deciding to finally start using a creme eyeliner and couldn't choose between this or the famous MAC fluidline.
I decided to get this b/c of the great reviews and its cheaper =].
i really like this liner, it has good staying power and doesn't smudge.
and the brush that comes with it, isn't so bad! usually when product comes with brushes the brushes suck. but this brush had a fine tip and was very good at drawing a fine line.
overall, i'm glad i chose this over MAC.

EDIT: 4/13/10
There's one thing that i do not like about this gel liner-it doesn't have staying power. The formula is on the wet side and doesn't dry as quickly. after i line my eyes i go in and curl my lashes but the liner always smudges after i curl my lashes.
=/ i might have to go buy MACs fluidline after all.

on 3/8/2010 4:03:00 PM

I bought this in eggplant. Like many of the other reviewers, I found that this didn't have much color payoff, but I find that if I retrace the line a couple of times, I get good color. The eggplant color is perfect for my brown eyes. I have teary eyes and oily lids and this liner stayed on all day without traveling. The best part of this liner is the great brush that comes with it. I've been using it with my Bobbi Brown gel liners. All in all, I'm impressed with this product, but gave it one lippie off due to the weak color.

Video Reviews & Tutorials