Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 3/24/2010 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This has been my first experience with a gel liner, so I don't really have anything to compare it too, but here we go. I had been wanting to try this for some time, I like the idea of a gel liner but didn't want to shell out the money for a HE brand and not like it. I heard some bad reviews on the L'Oreal HIP liner so when I saw this I had to try it. I am still new at the application of this, it is easy enough though. The brush is nice, and the color is nice and black ( I bought it in black). The packaging is nice, a little glass jar. The price was a bit steep for a drugstore brand (around 10 dollars at my local rite aid), but cheaper than most HE gel liners. It has good staying power. it does smudge a bit when I do a cat eye, but nothing terrible. Overall I liked this, and will probably re purchase when I run out.

on 3/24/2010 2:37:00 AM

I purchased this in Charcoal thinking it was going to be black. Wrong it's blue, but decided to give it a try anyway. I wanted to test the staying power if it would streak, fade away or simply dissapear. Much to my suprise it stayed on and looked very nice. The applicator is not bad either. I would purchase this again in black, might rival the BB gel eyeliner???

on 3/23/2010 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this product for really cheap ($5.69 at Target) because I had a two dollar off coupon and it was on sale ten percent off. I got in brown. I like it a lot, it's really nice. The wearing power is great. I must say that I can't make a thin line it's always really thick, I think it's because I just got it and I am not used to it yet, and this is first time I bought gel eyeliner. Also the brown color is really dark, so it's more like dark brown. I definately want to get more though, like the purple :)

on 3/20/2010 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm giving this a five because the brush that comes with is wonderful. The product is great and the brush makes it super easy to apply. Usually the brushes that come with DSMU are worthless but not this one. Excellent for a drug store product!

on 3/19/2010 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product is alright..I think it is a little darker than mac blacktrack(which i feel is grey and not black), but prone to smudge, so I have to set it with shadow.

I actually really like the brush it comes with, and will use it with all my gel liners. It's good for a thicker or smoky line..it's kind of blunt and tapered and doesnt seem to be as cheap as most brushes that come with cosmetics. For me the brush is a keeper even if the product may not be.

I would buy it again, but I think my HG would be a liner that didn't need to be set with shadow.Still I can't complain, I keep reaching for it over my blacktrack.

on 3/19/2010 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am an eyeliner girl, I will admit it. If I only have five minutes to do makeup rushed in the morning, you can always count on eyeliner being at the top of that rush list.

That being said, I am absolutely in love with this gel eyeliner! I've tried everything, from powder eyeliner, to liquid, to pen, to pencil - I think this one outperforms the majority of them (which is really something given that this is maybe only $10 as opposed to my $24 dior eyeliner).

It comes in a chic small pot with a small brush for application. You just swap some product on the brush and start lining. When you first start using the gel, not a lot will come off on the brush which can be pretty disappointing. You'll end up having to keep re-lining over the same line to get a more opaque look. Don't be discouraged! Once a small indentation in the gel starts forming, you can get more product on the brush easier and you'll get a bold line right away - if that's what you're going for.

Lasting power, I'd say is ridiculously long. I'll go to sleep with this eyeliner on and wake up with it on exactly how I left it the night before! Even the cat-eye flicks were still there!

The only thing I dislike is having to use a brush, which is a minor thing. The little plastic cap that comes with the brush has already fallen off in my makeup bag more than once - but not a big deal. Given the lasting power of this gel, I'd definitely buy it again.

on 3/17/2010 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this product. I have always HATED eyeliner of any sort, using eyeshadow if I wanted the lined look. I hated pencils, liquid and never tried the newer gels and creams until I took a chance and invested in a pot of eggplant gel liner by Maybelline. The stuff is amazing. I love the brush that comes with it and for my first time using a gel liner, I did an awesome cat eye...FIRST TIME EVER! The consistency is perfect, not runny or wet like liquid and not chalky like pencil, the brush is perfectly firm yet soft, and if you're patient, within a couple minutes, the gel liner dries and does NOT smudge. I went back right away and bought the other 3 colors. This is the only eyeliner I will ever use so I'm praying they do NOT discontinue it! Good stuff gals!

on 3/15/2010 7:52:00 PM

This stuff is great - I love the color (plum) which is really sort of an eggplant color. It stays on all day, I do use a primer on my eyelids but have used this without and it stayed just as well. It goes on smoothly, it has stayed creamy in the container and it stays on, plus it's pretty cheap. I've have my basic black eyeliner (MAC fluid line) but wanted to try out a different color without committing to spending twice the dollars on it. I'm totally as happy with this product as I am with my MAC...and I wasn't expecting that at all.

on 3/15/2010 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! The texture is very soft and creamy and easy to work with. I have this in black and brown. It stays on for quite a while but on some days i do find it smudges a little bit, but i have no problem with flaking or whatsoever. I love using the black one for tightlining! It doesn't irritate my eye and it stays on for a very long time, especially if i set it with black eyeshadow. It's very easy to remove as well. The brush is good too and it's very convenient of them to include it in the package. I would definitely be purchasing this again! :D

on 3/14/2010 3:07:00 AM

I bought this in brown! I love it! I plan to buy more soon! It took forever to find! But when I found it at the drug store there was only 1 so I bought it. I find that this does last a long time. Once it dries its good to go. It doesnt flake which is good. I found that my WnW cream liner would flake but this one doesnt. The brush is decent, it works well. Its not too stiff or has that hard feeling. I think it has great pigment. It depends on how much you put on our brush. Put a little, then its lighter, the more you use the darker. Common sense! Add some powder it helps with the smudging. I love the texture of this! Its creamy and soft and packaging is nice. The container is glass and the lid it plastic. Good product!

Video Reviews & Tutorials