E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The best brush I own. And I have the MAC 187, 188, 217 and on and on and on.... lol

This thing is a perfect dupe for the 187 but better! It's dirt cheap, applies foundation, blush, powder, highlight etc all BETTER than the 187! I have 2 and want 2 more!!!!!

IT'S AMAZING!!!

on 6/25/2009 1:11:00 AM

Sooooo incredibly soft. My only gripe is that the bristles on mine weren't completely even. :/ Oh well, it still works great. I have not tried it with liquid foundation yet, but have used it to apply mineral veil application to ease it into my makeup routine, and it feels really great on the skin.

For $3, it's well worth it. I plan on purchasing a few more!

on 6/22/2009 8:27:00 PM

I was amazed buy how soft this brush was when i first opened the package. The brush itself does an excellent job of picking up just the right amount of powder and it applys it very evenly. I LOVE this! I can't believe that it was only $1 at dollar general! You would be crazy to pass this up and i am going to buy all the elf brushes now!

on 6/22/2009 7:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is THE softest brush I have ever felt! For $3 a piece, this brush is a real steal! The studio powder brush has black taklon synthetic flat top bristles in a long sleep black wood handle with black ferule. Very professional looking. Also comes with its own brush shaper. It is a dupe for the MAC 187. In fact, it works better than the 187 and puts it to shame! I use it to stipple-and-swirl or just plain stippling on liquid foundation. It makes the job fast and easy due to the densely packed bristles and gives a sheerer, more even coverage than the MAC 187, and therefore, wastes less product. Normally I use the stipple and swirl method to buff in my foundation for a sheer coverage. If I want more coverage, I opt for the plain stippling method. You can also use this brush for applying loose/pressed powder, blush and bronzer. However, if you want more control in applying blush/bronzer/contouring, I'd use a smaller brush or maybe I just have a small face? I love this brush so much, I have 2 and I'm going to buy 3 more, just for backups and because I don't like to mix my foundation brush with blush and powder, etc. Has a plastic smell when it first arrives in the mail, but nothing a little shampoo and conditioner can't solve. I have had no problem whatsoever with shedding or fallout. So, I highly HIGHLY recommend this brush for applying liquid foundations and powders. It doesn't work the best for me in terms of applying bronzer/blush and for contouring because I have a really small face, but it might work for you! Very multi-purpose!

Amazing brush for $3! It's a big, super soft, flat top brush that is just as good as the high-end brushes. I've just been using it for powder and blending, but I see some people here like to use it for liquid foundation, so I'll have to give that a try! It's synthetic, which I personally like since I'm allergic to everything, and hasn't shed on me yet. I'd definitely buy this again!

I loved this and used it to apply liquid foundation everyday since I bought it, for three months, until one day the brush head just loosened and fell off the handle :( looking for something similar but not so flimsy I guess, it was nice when it lasted

on 6/8/2009 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Absolutely adore this brush! I use it everyday for applying liquid foundation. I used to use the E.M. flattop brush, but it's too stubby/fat to work with daily. This one has length, and a medium handle brush is perfect. It gets into every angle of the face w/ease. It also gives a wonderful air-brushed finish. It runs $3.00, and it is better than most higher-end brands. I say this is a H.G. brush!

on 6/4/2009 6:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

OMG my favorite brush ever! This is sooo incredibly soft, doesn't bleed, doesn't shed, AND it's only $3! I have three already they're so versatile- I use them for TM, foundation, powder foundation, finishing powder, to buff in blush, etc etc etc. This is by go-to brush for everything...

on 6/4/2009 12:16:00 PM

I bought all 10 studio brushes. This powder brush is very dense, flat topped, and well made. The bristles are soft. It hasn't shed on me at all, and it's very sleek and sophisticated in appearance. I really like this one. The only con was the original chemical smell...which was taken care of with a good washing.

on 6/3/2009 12:14:00 AM

Of all the studio line brushes I love this one the most! I've had mine for months and have washed it several times. It has never shed or bled on me. Its super soft and its great for buffing out and applying foundation. If there's any brush I use on a daily basis, its this one!