Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

4.2

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Methyl Paraben, Disodium Succinate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Succinic Acid, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate.

on 8/15/2011 4:03:00 PM

I simply love Japanese skincare! they are usually affordable and even the drug store brands are way superior than the ones in North America and best of all, it suits my Asian skin!

I have both the regular Hyaluronic Lotion and the Deep Whitening Lotion by Rohto. I prefer the Deep Whitening lotion as it hydrates and evens my skin tone. The texture after it dries is heavenly! It is mattifying and makes me skin very soft.

The big bottle is about $20CAD a pop which is very affordable and can be easy found on eBay.

Right now, I use them interchangeably and love them both. It hydrates very well and its thicker than a regular toner but thinner than a gel lotion so I empty some on my palm and pat them into my face so that I won't waste any toner/lotion.

Recommended!

on 8/3/2011 10:12:00 PM

A ha, my first Japanese lotion/toner. This is not your typical Western toner that acts as a final cleansing step, more of a moisture booster in my opinion. Since I primarily use a light moisturizer for day and whitening creams at night, this takes care of the hydration department that I don't have in my normal creams. It is goopy, not like a water at all, but absorbs surprisingly quickly (a minute at most for me), and does not cause reactions. And a small 2cm diameter blob is plenty. I use the regular formula for my combo slightly dry skin, but I know there is a light version as well. I think applied heavily under a hot towel or Japanese compressed paper mask this would work well as a 5min hydration mask too. Highly recommended for a moisture booster. Buy at Sasa, Adambeauty, eBay, or any other Asian etailers, I think Sasa is cheapest though.

on 7/21/2011 7:02:00 AM

I have very finicky skin and over the years, I've learned that there is unfortunately no one miracle product. While Hada Labo isn't without its flaws, it performs well for several of my needs (my skin is prone to breakouts, and combination oily but dehydrated and flaky from Tazorac.) My biggest needs for Hada Labo was for it to not break me out or make me greasy but still help soothe (if not outright get rid of) my dehydration.

So did Hada Labo meet my needs? Well, this is not a product that will give you heavy duty moisture, so if your skin is more mature or on the dry side it won't be enough unless you layer with something much heavier. Even for my not-so-dry skin, it's not wholly sufficient on its own for my dehydrated/flaky areas. I need to layer a light moisturizer on top of it. In addition, while it doesn't outright break me out I've noticed an increase of blackheads on my nose if I apply the lotion/toner there. Nonetheless, even with these flaws, I won't be giving up my bottle soon.

Even though Hada Labo's not hydrating enough on its own for my drier areas (cheeks, sides of mouth), it allows for other light moisturizers which wouldn't be enough on THEIR own to suddenly be sufficient. I've tried layering light moisturizers on top of one another before and they all end up too heavy as a result. Hada Labo is light enough for my layering experiments to not end up greasy. In addition, on my less flaky areas (jawline), it's actually moisturizing enough all on its own. So for those of you who are more oily, Hada Labo would probably be all that you need. As for the blackheads issue, I just avoid applying it onto my nose (which is really pretty oily on its own already and doesn't need the extra hydration) and problem solved. The end result is skin that is much more hydrated, soft, and touchably smooth but not greasy or broken out - exactly what I wanted; it just required that I make some adjustments with other products and methods as well.

The price for Hada Labo is also quite fair, I've seen other hyaluronic products sold out there for faaar more expensive. It can be a bit difficult to source if you're not located in Asia, but with the power of the internet, that's hardly an issue. As a quick side note though, you really do need to pat the product in per the advertisements, otherwise it just remains slippy on the skin and isn't fully absorbed. All in all, Hada Labo's not perfect, but there are some definite benefits to be gained that may suit your needs.

on 7/21/2011 4:19:00 AM

This is my first Japanese style toners that I tried and I'm never going back! I was using clinique toner before and I wasn't too pleased with it. Although it made my skin feels 'clean' it also dried it up. After reading some reviews and considering the price (rm 30 after discount, less than 10 dollars) i bought it. And what a difference it has made to my skin! My skin is less oily n feels more hydrated now. And it doesn't cause breakout as well. I don't know the science behind it but it works. Some people say that this is gimmick as hyaluronic acid can't be absorbed by your skin and maybe it's true but I dont care because it's cheap and the ingredients is quite good as it's free of alcohol and mineral oil. I have used 2 bottles and I'm buying a third. I rarely bought the same product twice because I like to try new things but this is the exception. Thanks!

on 7/12/2011 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

on the first time I was not too interested with these products because i think these products special for dry skin, while my skin oily. but after I saw on the forums give very good rave to this product, even for oily skin.

then I bought a sample size of 20ml, was in a very good product for my skin. you should know that before using this my skin are acne prone and really sensitive and i used the doctor product which make my face more sansitive, when having decided to remove my doctor cream and then replace it with hada Labo. I do not expect too much that this product will work wonders for my face. but now my skin supple, soft and not dry anymore, much better before when I was wearing cream from doctor

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this toner so much cus it's very hydrating and you get a 170ml of product for the price you pay. I definitely feel that my skin is less dry at night cus I usually sleep with my air-con on. I highly recommend this toner and believe it or not I think my skin got clearer although this toner can only moisturize your skin. Maybe it's the hyaluronic acid helping with the absorption of the tretinoin which I use after the toner at night.

on 7/2/2011 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Im alternating between this and fancl lotion, ie when I'm broke I buy this when I'm not so broke I buy fancl. I must they both well equally well!! I need just 3 drops for my entire face(and my face can rival a rather filling pancake).

on 6/28/2011 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I heard such great reviews on this product but it didn't work for me. I did the whole slapping thing ever night using about 3-5 drops of this product. I didn't really like the sticky feeling it gave me and after a few weeks I noticed it started giving me little bumps so I stopped using it. I guess it's too hydrating for my skin (which is normal, not dry nor oily).

on 6/27/2011 2:13:00 AM

I love this lotion! I apply this right after cleansing and toning my face a.m. and p.m. everyday. I apply up to 5 drops for my face and neck, applying firm but gentle patting motions all over until it fully soaks into the skin. My skin instantly feels hydrated and looks plump. Despite it being a great hydrating lotion, I still find it necessary to apply a moisturiser at the end of my skin regime as I don't think the lotion is meant to replace the use of a moisturiser. That being said, I still feel it is a beneficial edition to my skin care routine and will continue to use it.

on 6/3/2011 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I LOVE This! Yes! This has improved the overall condition of my skin tremendously! I have crazy oily face-and have mild to moderate acne. This product has helped my moisturizer does its job better than ever that my face is so hydrated and my breakouts are so much reduced due to the fact that the oil glands are not over-producing oil. This lotion is a water-like substance and is clear, you have to pat it onto your face and the patting process is a wee-bit tedious. You have to pat the lotion until you feel that your face is not sticky anymore and then layer on any moisturizer. This takes a while like 2-3 minutes of pattin, I dont mind however, its totally worth doing. You only need like 5 drops of this lotion to cover your entire face and neck, dont squeeze the bottle, just let 5 drops come out onto your palm. I have used this for 6 months and have yet to reach 3/4 of the bottle. My face has never been more hydrated before. This is a great product for oily skin girls and especially those with adult acne. As I have noticed, adding this after my toner and before my moisturizer has made my face less oily...by less i mean really really less oily! I'm really happy! Highly recommended.

Top Rated Hada Labo Products