Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 10/7/2008 12:59:00 AM

Bought this recently after hearing a lot of good reviews on it and really wanted to try it out. Been using it for about 2 weeks now, it really does the job for removing makeup effortlessly, especially eye make-up. Loving it for that, but i notice i started to have little red bump on my face. Dont know if its the cleanser or something else. But it really does the job for removing all your make-up and no more raccoon eyes for me.

on 10/5/2008 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have oily asian skin thats acne prone, and I've been using this really simple soap bar cleanser I got from taiwan but i had trouble trying to carry it with me, so I decided I'd give this a try, since I've seen so many reviews on it XD it's great! I love how it lathers with a little bit and feels great when I wash it off, my skin feels so smooth!

on 10/3/2008 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is great for my combination and acne prone skin. It removes makeup and oil effectively and does not leave my skin tight afterwards. It also smells great. My only complaint is that I seem to be going through it quite quickly (it is a little more runny than other products I've used in the past). I would have to repurchase every couple of months.

on 10/1/2008 12:21:00 AM

I bought this on a kit through QVC. I wanted to LOVE it. I love the packaging! The cleanser is ok. I'll use it but won't repurchase. I really like the Dr. Denese cleanser! I can SEE and feel a difference in my face. Worth a try probably.

on 9/30/2008 7:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I hate that I love this stuff -- it has parabens, and I've been making a concerted effort to avoid them. But alas, it's just too damned good to avoid. I received two samples with a purchase at Sephora, and tried it on a lark, despite the fact that my oily skin seemed perfectly pleased with my extant regimen. Holy clean, Batman! If I thought my face was being cleaned by my other stuff, I was sorely mistaken. Purity does not lather -- it sort of emulsifies -- but it manages to suck out every last shred of makeup and crap from my skin, greatly reducing oil, and it does it all without stripping. My skin is super soft, with absolutely no dryness or tightness. I'm using it now as my end of day cleanser, and I'm waking up with a considerably reduced oil slick on my face, and it leaves my face so moisturized that I've been able to cut back my jojoba oil to morning use only. The smell is very pleasant -- someone else said tea, and I'd say that's spot-on: tea with milk, and a little bit of pepper. It's very light and leaves no residual fragrance. I have found that if I use enough product to create a heavy emulsion (close to a dense foam), my face burns. Less than a dime-sized puddle, and all is good. I'm taking off one lippie (and stamping my feet, and having a tantrum) because of the inclusion of parabens, but I'll definitely continue to use this, and I'll definitely repurchase.
[UPDATE 1.1.09 -- knocked it down to 2 lippies because yes, it cleans extraordinarily well, but my face just didn't respond to it, long term. I briefly misplaced it and, during that time, began using Weleda Wild Roase cleansing lotion. When I returned to Purity, my skin just tanked. It became very congested and red and just looked . . . blah. So while it seemed good at the time, I've found something considerably better. And we're back off the parabens. Hurrah!]

on 9/26/2008 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My face turned red and burned after using. I tried it for 2 weeks. It has black pepper in it! Suprisingly it didn't burn my eyes when taking off eye makup--my whole face burned afterwards. I wanted so to like this as I love watching Philosophy on QVC and loved the fact it came in a huge pump size. Oh, well. I'll just use my Clinique Liquid Facial Soap mild or my Olay Foaming Facewash.

on 9/25/2008 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love how it takes off all makeup including intense eye makeup in one step..no vigorous rubbing required. Since I got this, i stopped buying a seperate makeup remover.. No breakups, no clogged pores. no racoon eye..just clean baby soft skin. Love it and have repurchased several times already

on 9/24/2008 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Great product. Removes makeup, and cleanses very well. I have been using this product for several years, it has been the best for me. It is very good in removing wp mascara and heavy eye makeup. I like it because I don't need to remove makeup and then wash my face, it's all in one step. My husband has purchased one of the big 16-20 oz bottles from Sephora as my Christmas present for the past two years and it has lasted me through the whole year. There isn't a strong smell, and face feels really smooth. I look forward to my face wash after a difficult day at work, Purity makes me feel refreshed. Because it is a little on the pricey side, I tried using other cleansers, but kept finding myself going back to this. My skin doesn' feel dry and tight like it sometimes does after washing with Clinique or drugstore brands. Worth the $$ if get the bigger bottle for the whole year.

on 9/22/2008 12:03:00 PM

Does a great job. I still take off my eye makeup separately prior to using this at night as I don't like the idea of eye makeup residue mixing in with the cleanser as I'm cleaning the rest of my face. I've been using the travel size bottle for at least 2 months now and still have half of it left. At first, it left my skin red and I thought uh oh! but I think I was using too much. Now I use a really small amount - 1/2 a teaspoon or so - and mixed with a little warm water, I get plenty of cleanser. And of course I use Hope in a Jar moisturizer afterwards. My face and I are happy campers!

on 9/21/2008 11:12:00 PM

Best cleanser I've ever used...and now it's all I'll use (for about the last 3 years). It's exactly what they claim, very pure and gentle and very effective. I don't love the price, but the large bottle really does last a SUPER long time, you don't need to use very much of this stuff at each cleansing. my face never feels dried out after washing, makeup comes right off (even waterproof mascara) and it doesn't have any kind of offensive odor. Overall, it's completely worth the cost.