E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

on 8/23/2009 7:11:00 PM

I have the full studio set, plus 2 backups of this brush. I never would have thought to use it for my liquid foundations (the set comes with a great angled foundation brush) without reading about the success everyone is having applying liquid fdn with it. And now, so am I! It's absolutely fantastic for this! I recently bought the MAC 187, and this brush is better for stippling on foundation than the MAC. Easier to use, better finish and wastes much less product. Very little, if any, liquid foundation is left on this brush after application. Cleanup is super fast, too.

on 8/23/2009 5:12:00 PM

This is a really great brush for only $3! The bristles are nice and soft and it buffs on powder and bronzer really well for a very nice finish. I am very impressed, and I would definitely buy again. Even though I really like this brush, I can't give it a 5 because I know there are nicer brushes out there (I'm looking at you MAC), but they are also 10 times as much money (still looking at you MAC).

on 8/23/2009 7:30:00 AM

This is my favorite face brush of all time, and I got it for 75 cents on sale!! I can use it for bronzer, blush, powder, foundation, anything! It's densely packed, very soft, picks up a ton of product and blends it seamlessly! I wish I had gotten several of these. All of my other face brushes are so floppy and flimsy in comparison.

on 8/23/2009 12:15:00 AM

I highly recommend this brush. It's really soft, dense, and applies powder really well. Next to the contour brush, this brush is another really good brush from the Studio line. It's so sleek and black and expensive looking. I like that it isn't TOO dense, so that it doesn't pick up too much powder at a time. Buy this brush!

on 8/22/2009 3:47:00 PM

I got this brush mainly b/c all the rave for it. However, I don't feel the softness that the other reviewer/ user claimed they feel.

The density/resistance is nice so this allow you to buff fdt/other powders.

I just feel this is scratchy. So, I wouldn't rec. this to people who have sensitive skin. (for people with sensitive skin, check out the complexion brush or the kabuki brush from this line)

I still have to say that this is a very good quality brush (i.e. no splaying of hairs, dense, nice resistance) for a fraction of a cost... it just didn't work out for me.

on 8/22/2009 12:18:00 PM

OMG! I love this brush!!! I bought 3 based on the overwhelming positive reviews and am so glad I did. I use it for my liquid foundation and powdered blush. The ELF brush is extremely soft and very densely packed. I have a MAC 187 (small stippling brush) which I still like but I love this one more for my liquid foundation.

The problem with my MAC brush is that I love the finish but I can't use it more than a couple days in a row without cleaning because the bristles clump together and I can no longer get the finish I want. With the ELF brush I get the same finish without washing every other day.

Some people have had some problems with applying liquid foundation with this brush but I find you can still get an airbrushed look if you use a different application method. I first have to apply my liquid foundation in numerous small spots around my face and then stipple it in and blend. With the MAC, I dip my brush into the product and then apply on my face.

With my powdered blush, it gives me a softer finish because I can buff it out as I apply it. I've given up using my traditional blush brushes now.

The only thing I don't use this brush for is applying finishing powder just because I prefer the shape of a traditional big, fluffy powder brush for that. Other than that, I definitely recommend you get several of the ELF Studio Powder brush.

on 8/22/2009 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this brush is amazing there is almost no words to describe it ...all i can do say is that is super ..super soft ..Omg the quality is as good as an expensive over the top brush..its just simply amazing ..you just got to go get one ..you will be super satisfied!...=}

on 8/20/2009 1:15:00 PM

This is my only "can't live without" makeup brush. I use it for everything - loose powder, blending liquid foundations and bb creams, blush, bronzer. I've had mine for over a year and it's still as good as the day I bought it. It's a rarity when a bristle falls out of it.

on 8/20/2009 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this at the reg price of $3, and i been using it everyday since i got it. I use this to apply my EDM foundation. It is super soft and apply the foundation evenly. I would say the quality is definitely comparable to most HE brands. Only down side is when i got the first brush, there was little bit of glue stick on the hair. And i found the same problem with some of my other ELF studio brushes as well. The chemical smell doesnt bother me, and it can be removed easily by just a simply wash. I bought a backup of this when ELF was having 75% sale :]

on 8/19/2009 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE. like many have already said, very comparable to mac 187. works the same way, same effect but a little bit bigger. great for applying powders, blushes, foundations. very good allrounder! easy to wash, takes a bit long to dry but no shedding or bleeding whatsoever!