Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.2

on 11/24/2002 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I hate this perfume. I hate the cloying/heavy way it feels. It makes me want to take a shower. Way overrated.

on 11/19/2002 8:58:00 AM

Mainstream. Said enough.

Finally a Chanel fragrance that I do like. This won't be a everyday fragrance for me but maybe for a special occasion. One word of caution: one spritz is really all you need. Anymore and it can become cloying.

on 10/4/2002 9:30:00 PM

Gorgeous. My all-time favorite scent. I idiotically attempted to take it on vacation with me in a soft travel bag, which I checked at the airport ticket counter. When I retrieved my bag, the bottom corner of the glass bottle had broken off and my perfume was no more. But my bag still smells amazing! I do intend to buy this again! Great staying power!

on 8/27/2002 6:25:00 PM

This is a really lovely fragrance sort of swwt and sophisticated. I love this on other people. though it's not really something I can wear myself.

on 8/3/2002 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

UPDATE 22/03/06 Totally rewrote my review: This is my signature scent. I wore it through 2001-2003, then off and on in 2004, 2005. Now I've finally settled down with it permanently because I just can't stick with anything else. Other perfumes are okay for a few days or even a week, but then I get hankering for some Coco Mlle, and I just have to have it. Some days I don't even feel like myself if I'm not wearing it.
It's a citrusy burst that eventually turns into a deep patch-vetiver and vanilla scent. The EDT and EDP are two different scents, with the EDT heavy on the musk, but I like wearing them both. EDT for day and EDP for night.
I find it's gotten less popular in the last few years which is good, one of the reasons I tried to get away from this was the immense popularity, but I just couldn't let go.
Guys find this fragrance sexy as hell on me. That just added to my strong hold on it. I can't live without it.

on 7/31/2002 4:39:00 PM

Just a no!

Nothing special IMO. I can't remember the smell although I tried it several times because I wanted to love it....

on 7/25/2002 4:45:00 PM

When I smelled it on a fragrance strip (forced upon me by a fragrance SA), I thought I smelled freshly cut mangoes. That came as a surprise to me as well, as I expected milky, warm, spicy sweetness that I normally don't like. I have to say that I love the initial half an hour of Coco Mlle - gorgeous, delicious fruity floral! However, when I put a teeny dab on my wrist, I was knocked back a little by how heady it is. I still love the top notes, but just can't imagine spraying myself with it. The drydown is a little milky floral with a touch of spice (the patchouli isn't too overwhelming and I'm not a patchouli fan), with the fruity notes waving in and out. Not bad, esp. considering that I normally don't like Oriental perfumes. I just find it a little too strong and don't like it enough to purchase it.

This is absolutely delicious!!! I begged the lady for samples after I smelled it for the first time!!

on 5/19/2002 7:58:00 PM

Tried to resist this one, but finally caved, and I love it, love it, love it. Chanel shows how to do a sweet, vanilla-tinged fragrance with style and depth. A recent French visitor told me this is one of the most popular scents in Paris right now for young women. While French taste is, in some respects, overrated (exhibit A: Jean-Marie Le Pen) they definitely know perfume. A keeper!

Popular Fragrances