E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

on 9/12/2009 10:21:00 AM

I love this brush for applying foundation. Its so much better than the MAC stippling brush, which I can only use to apply blush/bronzer, as its too floppy to apply foundation. Foundation goes on smoothly and flawlessly.
The brush comes with a brush guard and its such a sleek brush that looks like its worth more than the 3.50. I own Alimas flat top brush and the Everyday Minerals, and whilst both of them are denser than the ELF, value wise, its so much better.
The brush did shed a few strands and did feel a bit scratchy due to one hair on it thats a bit crooked, but I still love it anyway.

on 9/10/2009 10:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This brush is amazing! It is so soft.. and I like the sleek look of the studio line brushes. I LOVE using this in replacement of my MAC 187 stipple brush. It gives me completely flawless coverage. And I use this to apply my bronzer & powder. Its such a good quality brush. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference between this or a brush that costs $40+. This brush is only $3!!! I only own one of these brushes.. I wish I ordered at least three of them.. Its my favorite brush in my brush collection. I'll definitely be purchasing back ups of this.

on 9/8/2009 10:10:00 PM

Oh my gosh...I just got this brush a few days ago and let me just say...GET ONE !!! OR TWO !! It is unbelievable....so soft, so well made, and the price is just ridiculous!! For me this is the best and only brush to use for applying any type of liquid foundation. I used it to apply the Revlon Colorstay Mineral Mousse foundation and it was flawless and perfect!! Be careful though, cause you dont need as much product as you think. I used a little too much the first time. I put a little bit of the foundation on the back of my hand and dabbed the flat top of the brush in and then just applied by stippling/buffing with this amazing brush. I am getting another one just in case they ever stop making it!! :) LOVE IT!

on 9/8/2009 9:29:00 PM

so ive always wanted a flattop brush and when i saw one for 3 bucks i knew i had to try it. i was so surprized with the application of this brush. theres so many uses for it! it can be used with wet or dry products and the application on either one is flawless. its super dense but SO soft too. the packaging is amazing i love elfs studio line just because they look so much more professional and no my handle didnt break or anything and i had NO shedding at all. you gotta try it . your gonna be amazed

my favorite of my purchases from the recent 75% off sale! I LOVE this brush for applying my foundation (EL Double Wear Light) and I am able to use such a little amount of foundation and get a flawless finish to my face! Its absolutely amazing! I am so glad that I took a gamble on this brush (as well as many of my other purchases) when I saw the sale.

on 9/4/2009 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a winner! Despite all the raves, I really didn't expect it to W-O-W me. I think I'm in love with this after just one usage. It's ridiculously soft, of light-medium density, and very well shaped. My one complaint would be that I found 4-5 hairs that weren't trimmed well and were sticking out above the rest. I just trimmed these with those mini scissors you use for facial hair purposes. I must admit that I am a snob when it comes to brush quality though, so I might be being picky about the hairs.

I believe that most people will be -very- satisfied with this brush. It's one that anyone, from beginners to experts, can use. I don't even see the need to buy any more MAC brushes when there are fantastic quality brushes like this lying around.

I compared this with my EM flat top, and found that the density is probably less than the EM by half. The brush head diameter is also greater. The whole brush is nearly twice as long as the EM flat top. (The handle is surprisingly long!)

I'll update this review if, especially after I wash it, something comes up. For now though, I'd definitely give this 10 stars out of 5 if I could. :D Thanks ELF!

on 9/4/2009 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE IT! i not only love how it applies and buffs my liquid makeup, i love the feel of it.

well i loved it while i had it.... it kinda fell apart 2 months after i got it when i deep cleansed it with olive oil
i do plan on buying it again.... BUT I WILL NOT BE USING OLIVE OIL TO CLEAN IT

on 9/3/2009 11:35:00 PM

All it took was one good yank and the brush head and handle separated on the same day that it arrived. As a brush connoisseur, I''m lukewarm about this one. I tried it with liquid foundation and it worked adequately. It also worked for dusting off powder but not for applying powder to the face.

If your going to buy anything from elf, you HAVE to get this brush!! Forget Mac, and all those other expensive brands, this is a MUST!!!! It gives you such a nice airbrushed effect when applying foundation, its absolutely amazing!!!! I love this brush!! Defenitley worth trying since its only $3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm really happy with this brush. I was using make-up sponges to apply my Clarins compact powder foundation and it got really annoying because of all the sponges I had to clean after. Well not this! I buff it into the powder, spray the brush with water (from a hairspray bottle) and then just buff it in. I get a flawness finish and I don't have to clean the brush afterwards! SO awesome. This will work well for mineral foundation wearers because its almost like a kabuki brush with a flat top. I only got this for under $1CAN after using a code I found.