Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

4.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Collagen Amino Acids, Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Gelatin, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Years of highlighting left my hair dry and dull, so I tried this after doing some research. I use it every two to three weeks and my hair definitely looks and feels better. You have to wash your hair, leave this on for about two minutes, and then wash and condition your hair again. I would not use this as a leave in, but will buy this again since it gives me great results.

I absolutely love this as an after-shampoo treatment. It makes my hair so soft!

I've colored and highlighted my hair. I'm very very good about washing it at most 3 times a week, but I do blow-dry, curl, and straighten regularly so I figured a little extra hydration would be a good idea.

I haven't even tried it as a leave-in conditioner yet! I'll have to do that. Even as a 3-minute after-shampoo treatment though, it's done wonders for my hair!

This is a great post-shampoo treatment. I found it works best when left on the hair for 10-15 minutes and heat is applied. However, my favorite way to use this is a leave-on product. I mix about a dime size of the reconstructor with a half-dollar size of my smoothing cream/flat-iron protectant/anti-frizz serum du jour (I rotate amongst my many hair products) and spread through concentrating on the ends. The heat from my flat-iron or hair dryer helps to drive the reconstructor into the cuticle of the hair and the additional cream helps prevent it from feeling crusty. Split ends are almost non-existent and my hair looks a lot healthier.

on 11/28/2007 7:28:00 PM

I recently started using this on my sad, sad hair. Over the past year, I went from bleaching it every 8 weeks to henna-ing it (body art quality) and then a month later bleaching it twice in one night to try to get the henna out a , followed by color removers a couple of weeks later, then finally dyeing it dark and putting extensions in to cover all of the breakage and length I had to cut (at least 8 inches). Woo. Its kind of a miracle that I still have hair on my head...and I definitely credit this product. (Note to self: Henna looks fun but is impossible to remove, so stay away!!).
Anyway, this product makes my hair silky, healthy, strong and shiny. I won't be without a bottle...EVER!!

on 11/25/2007 2:31:00 PM

i have been using this stuff for the past 3 years and adore it. its a fantastic re constructor and my dyed blonde hair adores this stuff. adding hear or a cap seems to heighten the results as opposed to letting it air dry ... this makes my sad hair happy again.

on 11/20/2007 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is probably the best kind of hair treatment I have used so far, well at least one that actual helps keep its moisture for at least two weeks and improve its strength. I have only used for a month so far (once every two weeks), but I have seen an improvement and excited to use it again this month. However, I do find that it is cheaper to just use foil instead of a heating cap or maybe I'm just too lazy to go find a heating cap. Well anyways, I shampoo my hair then I rinse, saturate my hair with the Emergencee, wrap my hair in foil and blowdry for 10 minutes. Then leave it in for a additional 5 minutes while it's still warm. Rinse (it is normal for hair to feel dry). Use an extreme moisturizing conditioner, wrap hair in foil, and blowdry for 10 minutes and 5 additional minutes while it's still warm. (Boy, my hands were tired of holding the blowdrier!) Finally, rinse with cold water to keep the moisture and style. BAM! Shiner, shofter and healthier hair!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Sadly, it is like finding a Tahitian pearl in Sacramento, CA finding anymore large sizes of this anymore. I am down to my very last bottle and then it's off to the world wide web. I am so in love with this product it saddens me that Nexxus sold out. Because they are not salon only status, it can be purchased anywhere at a buyer beware disclaimer. This is magic for hair. It really is for "hopelessly damaged" hair. I have done everything wrong to my hair without losing it. Perm, colour, extensions, flat iron, heat at 1700 mw and so on. It has yet to let me down in a pinch. I even recommended it for my friend who has black straight asian wiry hair and she died it platinum blonde without it melting, and her hair is to her mid back.. Hate to see this product be discontinued.

on 11/12/2007 10:37:00 AM

I bought this product based on the reviews I had seen here. Like many who posted my hair has been dyed more times than I can count and I use a flat iron everyday so its way past a point of repair and I've used pretty much every product out there to try and repair it. When I used this product I was very generous with it and I kept it on my hair for about 10 minutes even though the directions say only 1-2. I then conditoned it with Aussie 3 Minute Deeeep and let it air dry and then flat ironed it the next day. I could tell already when I was straightening it that my hair had more life to it and the texture was different. When I usually straighten it it takes forever to make some pieces straight because there so dry and I wind up having to go over them a million time which makes it even more dry, but this time even the dryest parts of my hair that usually give me trouble were alot easier to go over. I think it's probably a product that you have to use routinely to get the complete results, but even though I have only used this once I can already tell its improving.

***UPDATE***

I used it again last night, even though the bottle says to use it once every two weeks, and my hair is so noticeably softer. The texture is amazing.

on 11/11/2007 5:25:00 PM

I think this has been reformulated. I got this first 2 years ago from Trade Secret and it was magic on my very curly highlighted hair. Made it sooo silky and shiny (I left on for 10-15 min with a heat cap and then used L'Oreal Nature's Therapy as a moisturizer afterwards). All the damage from coloring my hair seemed to be gone. So then it was gone from Trade Secret and I bought this at some salon. And used this and even though it made my hair feel softer, the results weren't the same as before. But I'll stick with it because it still makes an improvement.

on 11/1/2007 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

5 thumbs up. One of the most effective treatments to strengthen damaged hair strands, and my favorite protein treatment. Not too heavy, not too light. You an get a more intense treatment by adding heat and leaving it in longer. I always follow with a deep moisturizing treatment. After using this, my hair is gently restored to a stronger state. I would highly recommend for someone that uses lots of heat (weekly/daily blowdrying or flat ironing). It will SAVE your hair from thinning out to nothing near the bottom ends. Have purchased this magic potion before and will continue to purchase this as long as Nexxus continues to sell it.

Works with heat, also works just as effectively without heat. I ALWAYS follow up with a moisturizing, protein-free conditioner afterwards (e.g., Matrix Biolage, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Tresseme Moisture, etc.)

Update: 5/3/2011 - Still a faithful user of this product. Everytime I am about to forget about it, and something goes wrong (e.g., I get heat crazy) I pull this out and my hair is repaired. It doesnt build new hair, but it does keep what you have hanging on pretty darn well. Also, I use the professional version of this, called Aloxxi Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor. This is also made by Nexxus and is a much better value.

Update: 8/2/2013 - Still using it. Still amazing. I use this on my natural hair and my curls POP after! I always still follow with a deep moisturizing treatment like Kenra Moisturizing or Matrix Ultra Hydrating Conditioning Balm.

Update 10/23/13 - So I got crazy with flat ironing my hair and damaged it. Bad. No curls when wet, and when I flat ironed felt hard, not soft or bouncy or swingy with no sheen or shine. One use of this, followed by Matrix Conditioning Balm for hydration/moisture, and the curls, bounce, and swing is back. I will love this magic potion forever.

Top Rated Nexxus Products