Lansinoh Lanolin

4.7

100% pure lanolin

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Well, this stuff is awesome as a lip balm. It is SUPER thick --- so much so that even squeezing it out is a bit of a pain. It also lasts for HOURS. Seriously, I think I had it on for about 5 hours and it only now just came off because I washed my face / brushed my teeth. That was through eating and drinking, too.

I've now tried both the Medela lanolin and this lanolin (I'm pregnant and due shortly) and I honestly love *both* but they are quite different. This is pure lanolin and is, as I said, very thick. It works well and makes your lips look *great* As I said in my Medela review, and it's true of this, too, I never really got the point of lip balm before trying these beauties. Now I see how full it can make your lips look, I think I'm hooked! The Medela has other ingredients that make it a much thinner, gel-ier consistency. It's a bit more like a gloss, but not sticky. I'm not sure which I like better, I seriously think I love them both, but either way, what a great deal for something that works so well on chapped lips and looks so good over lip color. Like $8 for two ounces? Dude, that's a lot of lip balm. I definitely intend to repurchase when I run out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE! So much better than anything I've ever used. So cheap. Easy to find. Will never use Paw Paw or any other over hyped lip balm again.

on 8/23/2010 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is awesome for chapped lips and also for dry nails, dry cuticles, feet and just about anything else that gets dry and chapped. My husband's finger tips split and crack in winter from dryness (it's his good excuse for never washing dishes!) and this has been very helpful for him. I use it at night time in winter on my lips and on my cuticles and it works so well to seal in moisture.

As another reviewer commented, the packaging is dreadful - a plastic tube with an impossibly tiny opening. This cream is thick at the best of times and during the winter, in a cold house, you cannot squeeze it from the tube without fear of the tube itself splitting or exploding. I've since cut the tube open and scooped the cream out into small jars so it is easier to get at and apply.

on 8/17/2010 12:21:00 PM

I have had severe dry, flaky, splity, bleedy lips my whole life and Ive literally tried every lipbalm and treatment out there, but nothing worked!

so I came across this review and thought it sounded so weird it might actually work! I found it easlly at the local supermarket, and it was pretty cheap too!

tasteless!
no smell!
a little bit goes a long way!

I applied it to my lips at night and the next morning it was a COMPLETE MIRACLE! my lips were totally soft, smooth and not a split or flake or dry spot in site! they looked like something airbrushed from a magazine! I couldnt stop touching them!

Ive since threw out all lip balms and treatments. this is it!

if you have any lip dryness issues then BUY THIS! its my top HG product and Ill buy it as long as its available!! (though I think this one tube will last me a VERY long time!)

on 8/2/2010 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you are anything like me,you already know how frustrating it is to try a lip treatment and seeing money going down the drain because it doesn't do a crap, it claim to do.The best thing ,I found for my lips ,well until now, was CARMEX.I say until now,because I think I am gonna ditch CARMEX for this new GEM that I have I discovered.
So here is the story.I was cleaning the drawers and I found my leftover Lansinoh breast cream which I used religiously the first few week when I started breastfeeding.(I have a three month old).It is meant to sooth,heal dry and cracked nipples.Funny ,I have read it thousand time but it never crossed my mind that it can be used on lips ,after all its suppose to heal and sooth and worst of worst ,if I apply how bad it can be :).So I applied it last night and voila I have super soft lips in the morning.Its consistency is tacky ,not smooth like CARMEX so I will not recommend it for day use ,unless and of course if you like that kind of feel.Because its super tacky,its staying power is more..I guess that helps.Overall ,its a wonderful discovery for me and I will definitely recommend it to you,if everything has failed you.All the best.

on 7/27/2010 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this is my hg! i have been using this for years. for my lips it is the only thing that works. i also use it on cuts and any type of skin abrasions as well and they heal within a couple days. i purchase this in the tiny .25oz tube which is very hard to find, but i order it online or thru ebay. i keep one in my purse, bathroom and car so i am never without it. love it!

on 7/21/2010 3:14:00 PM

My lifesaver through the Canadian winter! Chapped lips were eliminated virtually overnight! Lips felt soft and plump! I am a firm believer in this for chapped lips!

on 6/7/2010 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This has replaced Vaseline as my 'need major moisture quick' product. I have major allergy issues, and when I have big attacks I'm blowing my nose upwards of 50 times a day. Of course, following these episodes my nose and upper lip gets red, cracked, dry, peeling, raw, you name it. Lanolin has majorly speeded healing times on these areas. I can actually wear makeup again in just a couple of days when I use it. It's a miracle product.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really goopy heavy lip product so I weear it at night when i go to bed. I am not overly impressed when i wake up in the morning, but then again I have the driest lips I know of from taking a round of accutane. this is better than aquaphor or vaseline, but i still like carmex more. i am going to try blistex lip medex next

I bought this months ago and I swear that it is still full. That's how little you have to apply (to your lips - in my case).
The only 'issue' is that I have to really work this cream into my lips otherwise it's a little filmy. Which at night (when I apply this) isn't a huge problem...just thought I'd mention this small fact. My lips always get super chapped during the winter months and this does help quite a bit. It is worth the effort IMO. I do agree that the packaging leaves a bit to be desired...I'm pretty positive that even breastfeeding mothers aren't thrilled w/the packaging! I mean they know what they're doing...who needs it displayed that obviously?! At any rate...don't be afraid to give this a go! :)

Popular Lip Treatments