Chanel Le Volume De Chanel

4.3

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, (+/-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 9/22/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love it

on 9/11/2013 7:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I am surprised at all the positive reviews because this does not work at all well for me. It clumps lashes together, even with the lightest of coatings. I think this is because of a combination of factors. Firstly, the formula is very wet. Secondly, and I feel more significantly, the brush seems to dispense far too much product. When pulling the brush from the tube it seems hardly any product is wiped off, leaving a gloopily saturated brush. I have wiped the brush clean on several occasions, and probably wasted half of the tube in the process. After application I have no other option to use a lash comb, but even then it is difficult to separate lashes. Finally, it does not hold a curl, this being the deal-breaker for me. I doubt I'll finish the tube.

on 9/9/2013 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Holy grail mascara. Get a sample to try it out first because it is not cheap.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

For me, finding the perfect mascara has always been like searching for the holy grail! I totally discovered it when I started using one of Chanel's other mascaras, the Inimitable Intense. However, when I heard about the new Le Volume De Chanel I was excited, I was convinced that it would be even better than the inimitable...but I was very, very wrong! As soon as I went to put on the mascara, it came out all gloopy and really wet. It immediately clumped all of my eyelashes together! It was horrible! I was so disappointed!

I know the intention of the mascara is to volumise, but it just made my lashes stumpy. I don't have very long eyelashes at all, so maybe it would work better on someone that does have long lashes?

One thing is for sure, I will be forever be sticking to my inimitable intense which volumises AND lengthens. If you find a great mascara, stick to it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This mascara is lovely. I have naturally curly medium length lashes and it does everything I need. Separates, builds volume and darkens. I wish I could repurchase more but at $30 its quite costly.

The brush has a plastic applicator, which made me nervous originally but it manages to separate well with no clumping! I did notice that after 2 months of use it started to flake, for $30 I was hoping it would make it to 3 months before I had to buy another.
This will have to be a birthday treat.

on 8/18/2013 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well what else can I say other than this is one of the worst mascaras I have used. Not suitable for long lashes, very clumpy, smudges very easily and is very wet. I expect more from Chanel. Pricy too.

on 8/4/2013 1:26:00 PM

I'm on the fence about this mascara. I've been using it for the past few months - It is a clumpy mascara.... I definitely need a lash comb to separate my lashes. When I first started using the tube it was definitely quite "wet", but overtime the mascara did thicken. I like the fact that it really thickens my lashes and makes them extremely volumized and luscious yet the lashes are soft. Also the price is $$$$ but then again it is chanel... I have yet to find a drugstore dupe for this - until then I probably will repurchase it...

on 8/3/2013 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Volume, length, lift, curl, separation, rich black color ... this one has it all. Now on my third tube and will continue to purchase this one. My lashes are perfect everyday, no more fighting with clumps and combs. Was a Dior Extase devotee, but Dior could learn a thing or two from this Chanel masterpiece.

on 8/2/2013 6:10:00 PM

i bought this based on positive reviews and previous experience with a different Chanel mascara formula, i found this one to be a little disappointing.. the brush is way to big, i know its big because of volume formula, but the brush drags out way too much and you have to wipe it down and lose half the product before you put it on your eyes... its also a wet formula which doesn't bother me, except for the brush carries out too much product so you are bound to get it where you don't want it... it can clump so you have to be careful... it does flake a little at the end of the day. frankly i don't think its that great, especially when you are buying a premium mascara. I much prefer a lenthening and separating formula that also gives you a little volume. I don't think it holds the curl well either, not sure why. Definitely not a repeat purchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

The BEST mascara I have ever tried, and I've tried a lot. This goes on really clean and on me does not clump at all, instantly volumises the lashes, and with 2 coats they just look the best they ever have. So pleased with it. Expensive but worth it for me.

This is an unfragranced mascara.

Popular Mascaras