Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/1/2011 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The NAKED palette seems to be the most popular neutral palette around these days. The palette comes with a well-known primer which brings out the true color of the shadows and a great karma brush that packs on the pigment well. The diversity of the shadows is a plus and the amount of combinations is endless. I did not like the amount of fall-out with the shadow "sidecar" but the color is still beautiful. I wish the "virgin" shadow was a bit bigger, and all of the shadows also! I wish it came with larger pans for the price, but this palette is still a great deal for me!

on 7/1/2011 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I would buy this again if i run out which i doubt i will. Out of the whole palette i only used three shadows. I have fair skin so i don't really do smoky or dark makeup look. I do like to do soft smoky, browns, or natural color look. I like naked, virgin, and half baked the most. I wish there was a matte and shimmer version of this palette. I'm not really into shimmer so i wont be using some of the shadows that came with it.I only wear makeup twice a week like i said, so i wont be using this palette as much as i want to. The price is kind of high but it's reasonable comparing to a urban decay single shadow is about 15 to 17 dollars.

on 7/1/2011 1:13:00 AM

I received this as a gift from a very good friend and feel like the luckiest woman on earth! I rated it a 1 for price for that reason, but am well aware of the cost which is well worth it imo. The packaging quality deserves a 5 because that brown velvet looks so chic sitting on my make-up trays. I also enjoy that large mirror attached to the interior of the lid. My fav. combination is to use Naked and Buck as "bases" and the other shades in the "v" or crease, extending them out (one at a time, thank you!) in a well-controlled application. I find that the lighter shimmery shades look best in the center of my lid and the darker ones in the crease or to create the "v". Naked makes my heavy-lidded eyes seem to recede a bit (I'm NC40 as a reference). Applied this way, the shades look very good under flourescent lighting at the office.

on 7/1/2011 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Awesome palette! It has such a great color selection (mattes and shimmers ect,) and the shadows are highly pigmented. Some colors had fallout (like darkhorse) but other than that the eyeshadows blend nicely and are easy to work with. Wonderful colors for both day and night... love love love this~ It's my go to palette now :) My only problem with this is the packaging I find that the felt gets dirty and the gold paint for the letters is chipping off. Otherwise, I love this and it's totally worth the money!

I love this palette, reasonabble price for the amount you get! beautiful selection of wonderful shadows!! only thing its missing is a matte highlight.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

At first I was crazy about this palette. I think it was because of the hype. The colors are very dupeable and I had a lot of similar colors. Some are just too dark, excessive glitter, or gold. Also the brush that came with is not to good at picking up the eyeshadows. & Unfortunately sin didn't even show up on me because of my pink undertones NW20. Overall I dont think its something to go crazy over and I would stick with my mac eyeshadows because they dont tend to crease as much as urbandecays. But if you are a beginner on a somewhat budget this would be pretty good. Hope this review helped. :)

on 6/30/2011 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have a dark brown complexion and was sceptical of buying anything called 'Naked' convinced it would never work with my complexion. I was pleasantly surprised, every colour in the palette shows up and none disappear or turn ashy. They are fairly creamy and most blend very easily. My palette came with a shadow brush instead of an eye liner and it works fine for 'placing' colour on the lid but is useless for any detail work or blending. I would never have purchased it on it's own but it's not bad for a free brush.

The Naked Palette in my opinion contains too many shimmer shades to be called 'naked' at all but that's a small gripe. If the next 'Naked' included more matte shades (especially a matte black!) I'd be able to be used to create an entire look, at the moment I still need to reach for other shadows to make the palette work.

Considering the amount of product and the fact that all the shades are workable on dark skin tones (which most lighter colours are not!) this palette is an excellent value and a great place to start for a beginner or anyone that's not into lots of wild colours in their eye makeup. I love it for travel because of it's (1) suitcase friendly packaging which (2) includes a mirror and (3) the huge variety of colours can create almost any look you might need.

on 6/30/2011 3:40:00 PM

Took me FOREVER to get my hands on this palette, and I finally was able to via Swapping. I would easily pay the price to re-purchase this palette if I had to! I LOVE this palette to death already! All the colors are amazingly pigmented and the variety gives me the ability to create SO MANY different looks! I'm such a "neutral" and "smokey" eye look kinda girl, so this palette really is my all time fave now!!

on 6/30/2011 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Very pretty, pigmented colors, but too glittery. I found the shadows more dark and dramatic than "naked."

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Im about an NC 42-44 depending on formula. This palette did not have enough matte colors, and the shimmer was a bit much for me. The two mattes did not show up on my skin but were more so used as transition colors/blending colors. The other shadows were 'ok', nothing I didnt already have from another brand. Swapped.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
The Nudes
NAKED3

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty