BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2006 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. NĀ° 05827/N

on 5/14/2013 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this as a free sample from sephora and i love it! i was previously using the Falsies Flared Volume Express by Maybelline which was pretty good but i thought 'why not try the BeneFit one, it was free after all.' this stuff makes my allready long lashes so much longer! it doesn't clump even when i put a lot on, I mean I kinda' go a lil' overboard to begin with so....

over all it fabulous! the bristles sometimes scratch my eyelid but I that could just be my fault

on 5/13/2013 9:47:00 PM

This is the most expensive mascara I have ever purchased. This is the WORST mascara I have ever purchased. The mascara is sticky and can go from next to no coverage to spider eyes in no time. Within a couple of hours, it is flaky. I HATE THIS MASCARA!!!!

on 5/13/2013 9:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Like most people, I got this as a birthday gift from Sephora. While I do admit that this was a good mascara, why in the WORLD would anyone pay about $22 for black gunk when you can get the same exact gunk for about $7 at a drugstore. That seems ridiculous to me. This mascara is decent. It does the job. But soooo not worth the price. You will find a mascara that works just as well or even better than this at the drugstore. Seriously.

on 5/12/2013 7:50:00 PM

Love, love, love this mascara!! People ask me all the time if my lashes are fake. They aren't. Best mascara ice ever used. I'm hooked.

on 5/12/2013 1:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a good mascara, it just didn't work for me. I have long lashes and need volume more than anything. This just gave me length. I think this would work for people with thick lashes. Another negative is I hate the rubber wands. This wand is better than drugstore, but all rubber wands hurt my eyes.

on 5/12/2013 5:55:00 AM

I have been intrigued by this product since it came out, but not enough to buy it. I received a free sample in the most recent Elle magazine in the UK and immediately tried it when I got home. I have to say, I will definitely be buying this when the sample has dried up! This literally multiplies my lashes as I brush it on. It volumises, lengthens and just makes my lashes appear fuller than they naturally are. But it looks like natural fluttery lashes, not fake spidery lashes. I can attest that it doesn't smudge (even after falling asleep with my makeup on). I've never been one to spend a lot on mascara but this has made me reconsider!

on 5/11/2013 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pretty darn good mascara. I curl my lashes then apply this -- it goes on easily, doesn't clump, makes my lashes look both long and full, and stays on all day. It is a little harder to get off than other mascaras I've used, but not dramatically so. I won't go so far as to call this my HG, but it fits my needs nicely (for now).

There is definitely a knack to applying this mascara which I haven't quite mastered yet. I got the sample size in the most recent edition of elle UK, excited to try it out, I applied it as soon as I got home to uncurled lashes. My lashes are very straight but pretty long, this mascara only accentuated the straightness by making them look cakey and sticky out- like spiders legs. I tried to add curl by starting right and the root of the lashes but this only created smudges on my eyelid as the brush was loaded with product. The mascara sets quickly so as I tried to gently comb through my lashes, they stuck together and ended up looking sparse and clumpy. On my second attempt, I curled my lashes, brushed off as much product as I could into the tube and applied slowly from root to tip once. This gave much better results but I still found that the stiffness of the product meant that lashes are stuck together rather than defined. The staying power is no doubt very good, but this is at the cost of dry clumpy lashes. I also was disappointed with the packaging- I expected more from benefit as their packaging is usually retro and cute. Perhaps it might work for people with curly eyelashes but I think I will stick to my volumnising and curling mascaras.

on 5/11/2013 5:39:00 PM

Got this as a free sample from Sephora; makes my lashes look very long and full. 4 stars because its very difficult to get off, leaves a stubborn waxy coating on my lashes no matter what I do. Maybe I'd buy it ..hard to say as I didn't purchase this--I'm pretty devoted to my $4 NYC mascara.

on 5/10/2013 3:37:00 PM

(The following review is based on the free birthday gift I got from Sephora) For my upper lashes, this mascara is a definite no; however, for my bottom lashes, it's amazing! For my uppers, I use Jordana Volumizing mascara, and it's jet black, volumizes, lengthens, defines, is super cheap, and just fabulous! When I tried They're Real on my uppers, even though it separated and defined the lashes, it didn't volumize or amplify at all.. they just looked too "natural". Now even though it was free, I didn't want to throw it out, so I thought why not try it on my lower lashes? I normally don't wear mascara on my lowers, but this has changed that. It separates, defines, and slightly accentuates my lower lashes, giving me that wide-eyed, dolly look. Plus, it stays put and doesn't smudge (though I haven't tested it out in a pool, rain, etc.). I'll keep using this for my lowers until it runs out. Then, I may go out and try Clinique Bottom Lashes.

Popular Mascaras