Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/8/2011 11:40:00 AM

Update: The packaging of Naked is so terrible. The words on the felt/suede cover have almost disappeared, and the cardboard must have attracted some small bugs because my eyeshadow has turned bumpy and when I look very closely, there are small things crawling in it. EWWWW. It is obviously a problem with this product alone, because none of my makeup has been "infected" like this!!!!

I got my palette!!! Squeal with me everyone!

And it's true what they say. The powders are soft and fine and blend like a dream!

I was mind boggled by the endless possibilities and looks that i could create with this palette. I love it!

on 7/8/2011 11:23:00 AM

Great palette! I'm a novice with eye makeup but I absolutely love this, colors look great and blend very easily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE this palette. Great pigment and many neutral variations to play with. I especially love sidecar, half-baked, and gunmetal. I got $10 off at the Sephora JC Penny sale but even so I think $48 is a good price for 12 shadows. My favorite palette!

on 7/7/2011 7:01:00 PM

Absolutely LOVE this palette. It is QUITE pricey, but I purchased this from Ulta when they had their 20% off coupon, so I don't feel as guilty. I use this palette everyday when I want a neutral, natural look. I also use it when I want a more smokey, girls-night-out look. I ALSO take it with me when I travel since the packaging is very convenient. The eyeshadow quality is excellent, and I never have issues with fallouts. The colors are phenomenal and show up quite well on my eyelids. Staying power is okay, but my eyelids are oily so I'll have this problem with any eyeshadow.

I will most likely not repurchase it since I feel it'll last me a long time, and even if I do end up using up an eyeshadow color, I don't think I would repurchase the entire palette for one color. That would be ridiculous!

Really love the palette! Very happy that the palette has a nice range of neutral colors that can be used for daytime and nighttime looks. I usually bring this palette with me when traveling/overnight stays and the packaging makes it seem like a decadent chocolate bar! Since I don't use the Naked palette on a daily basis, for the amount I paid, I know it will last me a long time and am very satisfied with my purchase.

Oneword described this product: LOVE:) I absolutely love this palette for everyday neutrals. The texture of the shadows are relatively silky. Silkier than MAC's, but not as silky as my Majoilica Majorca eyeshadows. I love most of the shadows except for SIDECAR ( too many loose sparkles) and CREEP? (The sparkly black one that's not really pigemnted). I think it's a great deal for the price. You get 12 full size ud eyeshadows for $48!!! That's amazing. So I'll probably never use this up.....if I do, I'll definately repurchase:)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I swapped my Naked palette away some time ago. This product turned me off of Urban Decay in a big way. (I had previously been a HUGE UD fangirl, I used several of their products.) The hype that surrounded this product when it came out (and still continues now) isn't wholly unwarranted, but the palette is not as good as the frenzy that went with it would indicate. The colors are all very warm, so it only works for about half the people who purchase it. There are some phenomenal neutrals in this palette, but there is NOTHING here that can't be duped. I also hated the velvety feeling of the case... it just seemed like it would attract dirt and lint. If you are *dying* for a pre-made neutral palette, then this is a decent option, but if you're buying it because of the hype, look at other neutral palettes out there (or custom-make your own.) Makeup is not one-size fits all, and IMHO the Naked Palette and it's frenzy proves that to be true.

on 7/6/2011 6:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am not the biggest fan of neutrals, so I wasn't sure that I was even going to like this palette. But lo and behold, I absolutely love it!
The colors are neutral, but still pack a big enough punch for me to love them. Since I first got it I have gotten so many complements on my shadow and eyes! And I love that I can have a daytime or nighttime looks with just one palette. I have also found that every color can work together with the other colors, so it is easy to use them all. I am so glad I gave into the hype, so even if neutrals aren't your go-to shadow, I would say to still try it!

on 7/6/2011 4:24:00 PM

I was surprised that I didn't love this palette more. Even though I loved all the colors as they appeared in the pan, they were way too metallic for the "naked" look - I prefer a shimmery pearl to a glittery metallic.

For example, I thought that Sidecar would be the perfect shimmery taupe, but it just left glitter all over my face - at my age (almost 35), I don't even use glitter for evening looks anymore.

Generally, I like makeup to enhance my natural features (think Bobbi Brown) instead of wearing a noticeable "look at my eyeshadow" color. I wouldn't use these for everyday or the office, but the many of the shades would be nice at night if you prefer a more dramatic makeup look.

The quality of the shadows and pigment were excellent - I just wish that they were more "naked" and less metallic.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I gave in to the pandemonium around this product and bought it for I think 60ish bucks, which is a little rich for my blood, but for 12 colors it's very good.

I really thought I would use this more because I was veering more towards nuetral colors at that time in my life but...I don't use it at all. I think I used it about 5 times (once to a Lady Gaga concert...got alot of compliments and looks) over the course of 5 months...so...yeah. It mostly just sits in my bathroom and looks pretty.

Why don't I use it? TOO SHIMMERY!! I'm a woman of color so all the colors (except for Buck) look very vibrant on me, but it's just too much sparkle and the matte ones look ashy on me. Some of the darker colors will be nice for going out, but for practical everyday wear, I just havent been able to depend on this pallette at all. I use MAC for my everyday school/work/hanging out look. Too much glitter for my taste in this palette

But it's still a nice. I'm glad I have it and have the option of wearing should I ever need it, but I just don't think it's all that great...

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
The Nudes
NAKED3

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches