MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 6/19/2009 1:06:00 PM

-My Godness this is sooooooo cakey :-(
-Settles into fine lines.
-It doesn't last at all , after 1 or 2 hours it makes such a mess under my eyes.
-I didn't find a color that matches my skin , they are not very natural.
-It leaves a greyish cast under the eyes.
-The pot is not really hygienic... The products gets dirty quickly.

Overall: I hate this concelear , I prefer the MUFE palette much more.
I won't be buying any MAC's face product anymore.

on 6/19/2009 9:35:00 AM

Buy this product again? Unsure.
I love the color as it blends in well with my skin. My eyes look a lot brighter and I do not look as tired.
I use a brush to apply and still think I have to work with it too much.
As the previous reviewer states, I think it drying which is something I do not need!
I will continue to look for the right concealer. What a hunt!

on 6/16/2009 12:42:00 PM

My HG product! I lovee this concealer, I am very conscious about blemishes on my skin. I hate concealers that don't cover completely and while using a medium sized concealer brush it is absolutely perfect! Some other reviewers said they like it to be warmed up before it is applied but I actually prefer it the other way. I find the product is not as effective when it is warm. You must give this a try, it has never made me break out and I personally think the packaging is so cute, I love MAC packaging. I also think that there is tonss of product for your dollar, I have used mine for about half a year and iI still have about 3/5 left of product and I use it everyday! When you think about all the different drugstore concealers you'd buy to try and find a great one, this really is a cheap price.

on 6/16/2009 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great concealer...Though I have tried better from a drugstore. That's why I gave it 4 LIP BEAUTIFIERS. Great coverage. Not cakey and it stays in place. A stay on creamy texture. And it's SPF 25...which is awesome ! I only use this for my undereye dark circles which I hate ! It covers it pretty well but I find it doesn't cover long enough for 7-8 hrs. I don't use this on any of my blemishes for that I feel it's too creamy to dab on a new acne or just my face in general. I'm very acne prone so I have to watch how much product I put on my face especially on a new zit ! lol

on 6/15/2009 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I just purchased this concealer. I really like it. I have lots of acne scars and some dark spots from pregnancy and it covers pretty good. I dab this over my trouble spots and set w/ the MAC powder plus foundation and I am good to go. I really like the combo. It's not heavy and great for everyday.

on 6/15/2009 1:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

brilliant stuff

Definitely repurchase

:Still using this

Still using (2012)

on 6/8/2009 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It offers medium coverage that you can build to full coverage. Many-a-day, I will cover blemishes with this, use a wet sponge and spot dab all over, blend and use MSF Natural to give me a bronzed/sunkissed look. It's what I do to look as close to natural as possible, and it works! The only thing I don't like it the packaging, not versatile enough to be able to dip in it evenly and I think there's not enough product in there for the price.

on 6/6/2009 4:47:00 PM

Despite having other MAC concealors, I'm not overly impressed with this. First of all I was colour matched incorrectly by the MUA as an NW25, which in the shop light seemed ok, but when I tried it at home and looked in natural light it was waaaay orange and dark. So I returned it and got an NW20 instead which although its a tiny bit light, I think it will be fine for winter when I'm paler.

The thing I dislike most about this concealor is that its really thick and hard to apply without warming it up by putting it in your pocket or something- and this is during summer, I'm definitely not keen to use it in winter..

I'm not going to repurchase due to the super thick consistency which creases easily under the eyes, and since I don't feel the colour matches as perfectly as I would want it to.

on 6/6/2009 11:33:00 AM

i really like this i use nc20 and i covers evrything i want it to freckles blemishes etc a stable product in my collection

on 6/5/2009 11:24:00 PM

I have horrible acne scars and leftover red blemishes all over my face, and this is now my go-to concealer. Is this better than other concealers? I don't know, but it totally works for me. I got studio finish because of the SPF, no other reason. The other cream MAC concealer might be just as good. I use NW20 to cover up my red spots, even though I know you're supposed to use a yellow based one, like NC20, to cover up red spots. I found the NC20 too pale for me. The NW20 works really well though, regardless of correctness or not. I feel like the packaging in the little pot gives it more of a chance to dry out. As I have the product longer and use it more, it seems to be getting slightly more dry. But it still applies nicely.

I use small filbert brushes by loew cornell or a no-name concealer brush, and it covers up all my spots fairly well. This is how I do it for optimal red spot coverage: using my small filbert brush, I dab the concealer onto all my red spots. Then with my no-name concealer brush, which is a bit fuller and stiffer, I use the tip of that to smoosh and blend the concealer in. It's amazing how well this technique works at covering up all the red. It can look slightly cakey at times so don't apply too much, but really, I'm not asking for miracles, just to look less crappy. I'm quite happy with it and it's not expensive to me for how well it works. I'd pay much more for a perfect holy grail concealer. As of now, this is pretty much my HG.