BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2013 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. NĀ° 05827/N

on 5/24/2013 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The packaging, as always, is super cute. The tube isn't quite as long and chunky in comparison to Bad Gal, but for me that makes it easier to carry around.
The mascara does really work for me - the trick is not to apply too many layers. I personally have quite long eyelashes but I haven't seen them for a long time; before now I've been using Maybelline and Bad Gal. This is probably the first mascara I've encountered in years that really has lengthened my lashes, and although I prefer there to be some volume at the base, I can easily fix that by wiggling a bit of Bad Gal on the lash line.
You do have to apply it quite gingerly with the tip of the wand to be able to get the lashes on the inner corners, but it's well worth it. It also has super staying power; I encouraged my mum to try some one evening. When she woke up in the morning, she commented that she'd fallen asleep with it on but it looked as if I'd only just applied it. Bonus marks!
I'd definitely buy it again. However, I'd recommend visiting a Benefit counter first to make sure you like how the mascara looks for you. Some people might consider it 'spidery', but I think with the right application it looks nice.

on 5/24/2013 6:15:00 AM

This is my Holy Grail mascara. It is worth noting that my natural lashes are long anyway, however i have been asked COUNTLESS times whilst wearing They're Real if i am wearing false lashes.
Some people claim that the mascara is very hard to remove, but personally i have never had this problem. I use a simple make up wipe and it comes off very easily. I would argue that the mascara is in fact NOT water resistant, but this is not a selling point for me anyway so is not an issue.
It is very expensive, but i do think the results are worth it.
The product does dry up relatively quickly, but mascaras should only be kept for a maximum of three months anyway!
I would recommend trying the mascara out before purchasing, as some people don't see the effects. However in the UK anyway, the benefit counters do not have the same mascara brushes as the product does to test on people, and i do think the brush makes a big difference!
Overall, i do think this mascara is worth the hype.

on 5/23/2013 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I received this mascara as a gift from Sephora for my birthday 2 months ago and have been using it since then. I really love this mascara, however, you must be careful not to apply too much too quickly or else it will clump. It does make my lashes so much longer and thicker. This mascara does not flake, smudge, or fade throughout the whole day. It can clump a bit but I don't really mind it for the small amount that does clump. The voluminous lashes I end up with, makes up for it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Right I love the packaging but everything else, I hate. It clumps my eyelashes together, it makes them look really messy and doesn't give a nice flared eyelash look, which I like. It might just be personal opinion but I was so excited for this mascara and it's honestly a big waste of money! BAD gal is much better by Benefit! Really fans your eyelashes out naturally

on 5/23/2013 2:56:00 PM

Ugh. The look is good but its making my lashes fall out. As others have said it's tough to get off which can be both good and bad. I bought the sample size from Sephora to test it out, I would suggest you do the same if you are thinking of trying this product. I will be returning to Lancome and getting my healthy lashes back!

on 5/23/2013 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is Nice But Its extremely HARD TO REMOVE!! I SPENT ABOUT 5 MINUTES WASHING IT OFF WITH MAKEUP REMOVER, FACIAL CLEANSER.. AFTER ALL THATWASHING MY EYES WERE DRYED AND IRRITATED! IF YOU LOVED THIS MASCARA BUT HATE THE WASHING PART YOU MUST TRY BOOTS N7 EXTRAVAGANT VOLUME IT DOES THE SAME EFFECT BUT IT'S SO MUCH EASIER TO WASH OFF AND THE PRICE IT'S ONLY $7.99 INSTEAD OF $23 ... trust me coming from a Beauty Advisor/ MakeupArtist You Will Love the Boot's N7 plus It's Hypo-Allergenic and can be purchased at TARGET!

on 5/22/2013 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara does give great results. The packaging is lovely and the technique you need to use is really easy to follow, wriggling from side-to-side and then combing through as normal.
It does give a false lash effect so not the one to go for if you are after a more natural look but ideal if you like dramatic lashes, I even used this product on my wedding day and didn't need to use lashes.
It does seem to have a very short shelf life, I've had 3 now and all seem to go really runny and watery after a couple of months and then need replacing.
It also has a tendancy to dry your lashes out and it can flake off during the day which can be a disaster if you are a contact lens wearer like me, but all these small negatives are outweighed by the amazing results you get.
For me the performance of this mascara is well worth the hefty price tag.

on 5/22/2013 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my newest HG mascara - it separates and defines every single one of my lashes. I never thought I would like plastic spiked wands but this is great as well as the ball on the end to get to the little lashes.

Not too wet but I do have to wait until it is dry to then put another coat on - I would say that is the only downfall, you have to put a few coats on to get dramatic lashes.

Also you will need an oil based cleanser to remove.

This mascara is one of the best I have ever used! I notice there are quite a few negative results on this product, so ill share my experience with it. This mascara does a great job of giving me full, dark and long lashes. I hold my curler for about 20 seconds on my lashes then apply a few coats of this and while I wait for those coats to dry, I'll fill in and brush out my eyebrows...then once my brows are set, I'll apply a few more coats of this mascara making sure I coat from the base of my lash roots. Then I'll move on to applying blush and lip gloss while those coats dry...then finally I'll apply a couple more coats and VOILA! I have amazingly long, dark and full lashes that last all day without mascara smudge all under my eyes. I don't know how everyone else uses their mascara, but that's how I use this and I am just in love with it! The brush is also great for getting mascara onto every individual lash

on 5/21/2013 6:39:00 AM

This is probably one of the lousier mascaras I've ever tried on. It doesn't hold the lashes, well at least not for those with fine lashes. It doesn't thicken or hold either. It's also not recommended for those with sparse lashes, mine aren't really but they're not thick and this really doesn't compliment it. The packaging though cute and handy, isn't really the best when he comes to application. You would want to sort of see your lashes as you coat them but because the brush is short, and you're hand is holding it, it kinda blocks your view. Drug store brands are better.

Popular Mascaras