MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 6/24/2009 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

STUDIO FINISH NC 45. I am NC50. I use this with NW40 Pro Longwear concealer on the inside of my face and Studio Sculpt NC50 on the outside of my face with Format blush every day for work and I look immaculate. They all compliment each other so well. I also have very dry skin and none of these products dry my out or break me out. I also don't use anything but my regular Cetaphil or BWC unscented lotion underneath. I will continue to use these until MAC stops making them.

on 6/23/2009 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer is very thick and buildable.
Used with a sponge it blends well with my skin.
Sadly, about 2 hours after I put it on it 'melts' and migrates to other parts of my face, looking obvious.
I've tried it under foundation, under powder, over foundation and nothing helps it stay put : (
It is good full coverage but I want something that doesn't wear off or move around through the day.
It also rubs off very easily onto clothing or anything that touches my face.
Cover Girl and L'oreal concealers perform better than this for a fraction of the price.
Definitely won't buy again and I'm probably going to take it back.

on 6/23/2009 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this concealer. It gives me great coverage and it really hides my dark circles under the eyes. I love the idea that is has SPF!!!!! The texture is a bit too thick though. And sometimes when I open the container, there would be like an oily residoo on the side of the container... -____-'' WEIRD! other than that great product... "might" be buying it again.

on 6/22/2009 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use the Studio Finish concealer in NW25 and love it. It blends perfectly into my foundation (Laura Mercier Silk Creme in Sand Beige). I used to use the MAC Studio Sculpt concealer but switched to this one when I realized it was a little less expensive for more product. In my opinion this concealer is a full coverage, although it is described on the MAC website as "opaque" coverage. I like the fact that it is SPF 35, even though I always wear sunscreen under my makeup anyway (Eucerin Daily Face SPF 30).

on 6/22/2009 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Mac products, but this concealer sucks. I have dry under eyes and this only made them worse. It caked up, so I will not be buying this product again.

this product can be great for undereye circles, but you must get it in the right shade. get it the same color as your foundation or it wont cover very long. i do not like this product however because i have dry skin and this dried and caked up under my eyes. this also faded during the day, which was horrid cause i could see my dark circles!

on 6/21/2009 8:02:00 AM

This is the best concealer I have ever had. I like how it glides smoothly over my skin and hides dark circles perfectly. I also love the size since I can just throw it in my bag and use it with my fingers anywhere I go.

on 6/21/2009 6:50:00 AM

I personally do not like this product, it has a funny finish (sheen) which looks yuck along with my foundation, I just cant describe it but it does not look good feels cakey too. Sounds like a magic concealer in it's MAC description but I was so disapointed it does not last, feels cakey and gross, looks gross.

on 6/21/2009 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My friends made this product seem like a God they were worshipping. They talked about acne scars on their faces and how they disappeared like magic with the Studio Finish Concealer!! So, instead of researching the product, I took their recommendations and bought it. At first, it was my little baby since it comes in such a tiny pot. I used it sparingly, but this didn't so the trick on blemishes. Plus, more blemishes were popping up for some reason...I then began to use more of this putty-like substance...it covered the blemishes no problem, but it added a different problem. Caking and clogging. It made my face look all powdery and made unsightly blemishes pop up everywhere! My skin has always been smooth and clear, so this was horrifying. I had to stop using it. It was like Silly Putty on my face. I would never buy it again.

on 6/20/2009 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like Studio Finish. Good color selection, high SPF, long lasting and opaque enough to hide just about anything. This can be a little cakey if I apply with too heavy a hand and I think it may be clogging my pores a bit, but overall I'm pretty happy with it.