MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 7/1/2009 11:30:00 PM

Very cakey on my skin. Didn't cover up anything.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I love this! I still use my Studio Sculpt, however I have been getting a bit darker with the summer sun and needed a darker concealer. Instead of SS I got this one because it has an SPF. I am a NW25 yet I got this in NW20. It is easy to apply, stays on well when set with powder and doesn't crease up. I use this to cover up my dark circles and a bit of pesky melasma, apply a bit of finishing powder and blush, swipe on some lip gloss and I am done with makeup for the day. It has great coverage, doesn't look cakey and just absolutely amazing. I apply this with my ring finger or a small concealer brush. I would probably buy this again before the SS due to the SPF factor in it. Highly recommend!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this is a great concealer for someone who needs really full coverage! it's awesome! i'm an NC35 and this just blends it great. i love how the packaging looks but it's not sanitary at all! i've gotten a bunch of random stuff in it like hairs from my concealer brush which isn't good! but i still overall love this product, i haven't broken out from it.... at least so far. i've been useing it for about a week or so. and it's just great. it's $16 bucks and for the price it's just great. i will definately buy it again if i'm out. oh and one more thing, it is a little hard to put on because it's just a little dry i guess u could say so u could just hold it in ur hand for a while or put it in ur pocket or somethign to warm it up. cause it's much easier to apply if it's warmer. but now i've found a brush that i can use that i don't have to bother warming the concealer up, i use the pink kolinsky lip brush from coastal scents. this is great for concealing! well ta-ta!!

on 6/30/2009 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just purchased this a week ago and tried applying it with fingers, spong, and brush but didn't like it at all and was going to return it. Then I came upon a youtube video from cuteindiangrl and she applies her studio finish concealer with MAC 217 brush, I went home and tried it with 217 brush and results were flawless, and it didn't settle into fine lines and looked very natural. I'm very satisfied with this.

on 6/30/2009 7:02:00 AM

i think it is too much money for such a cakey concealer. I dont like how this sits on top of my fine lines in the undereye area and it just feels heavy and not creamy at all! Gives a very unnatural appearance when powdered upon !i would say it performs better for concealing acne and blemishes but still for this job you can get better products for less.

on 6/28/2009 4:44:00 AM

This has been my HG concealer for about 4 years now. I use it in the shade NW20 with studio fix fluid in NW25 over it. It's an amazing concealer. It's really thick and covers really well. I have some acne scarring and the occasional breakout and it really covers it better then any concealer i've ever used.

on 6/28/2009 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is a great concealer and does cover blemishes, scars, lines etc etc BUT it is quite oily and thick and it does make me breakout from time to time and definitly doesnt help eliminiate the spots or pores I'm trying to cover. consequently i end up wearing more to cover my new spots!!
does its job and does last for ages - iv had mine for nearly 2yrs and its only halfway even though i use it everyday.

on 6/28/2009 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I wanted to find a concealer that could cover up my pigmented acne scars and after the MA at mac told me this could cover tatoos I decided to go for it and purchase. I was matched with an orange toned concealer to counter act the darkness under my eyes and the scars.

It was a great concealer when i warmed it slightly by tapping my fourth finger into the pot and then patting and blending it on my scars and wherever I needed.

The pot does last a long time for the price but now my concern is that:

1) any heat makes it slide around even when you try to set it with powder and eventually reveal what you were trying to hide
2) breakouts! it took me awhile to notice that the general areas on my cheeks that I used the concealer on ended up having white heads forming by the end of the day

I will not be repurchasing from mac I might try MUFE once this pot is done because I can't bring myself to throw out such an expensive concealer.

EDIT: I now use a primer, apply my foundation first and then apply the concealer, set with powder and have found this to be a great concealer after all. Light texture, very opaque and a little definitely goes a long way- just takes some time to learn how to use the product for your skin type.

on 6/27/2009 10:41:00 PM

I feel like this is thick but not creamy. I just don't like it at all. I feel like it settles into my lines. Theres better concealers out there.

on 6/27/2009 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

This is a heavyweight stuff. Extremly thick yet blendable, but it is like an advanced product.. Gossip says it is a same product like the Mac Pro Full Coverage Foundation- don't know if it is right but could be. I have extremly dry skin with some relevant dark under-eye circles and major ruddiness in my cheeks, so i need something that is the pure power. BB, Px, and even Vichy Dermablend failed. I didn't pay much attention to this product but when MA at the counter applied on a half of my face while she left the other as it was -Px- the difference was incredible.
I use with the Clarins Instant Snooth primer underneath as this was the only primer that provides the most amazing surgace for the Studio Finish, i tried with many many other primers but this combination is the absolute hit. Last all day doesn't cake and no melting away. love it!!