BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2008 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I wanted to try this mascara for a long time after reading such great reviews, so when I finally bought it I had very high expectations. It does everything it promises and the brush is amazing for lengthening and separating lashes, but only if you use it correctly. More than once ive had to remove the mascara and restart the application because of clumping (and i HATE wasting this mascara due to its high price). My eyelashes have no natural curl so i have to use eyelash curlers before applying, but it doesn't seem to weigh down the lashes so the curl holds which is great. The mascara does give my eyelashes a kind of rubbery feel, which i've never experienced with any other mascara, and although i don't particular like that feeling, the mascara doesnt flake off easily, so it lasts all day. It is also fairly easy to remove. I do think the price of the mascara might stop me from repurchasing any time soon as I think there are a lot of great quality mascaras available for a fraction of the price, however I would definitely consider it the next time I decide to splurge on makeup

on 6/6/2013 11:48:00 AM

By far the best mascara ever ! I've never gotten so excited and well results from a mascara ever. I got a sample from sephora for my birthday and must I say I was ecstatic ! The brush has a little comb at the end for those hard to reach lashes which makes my lashes look thicker and extremely longer. ♥ I'm in love with this mascara I would definitely recommend this mascara to anybody ! The only bad part is its on the expensive side (23$) but its worth the money !

on 6/5/2013 12:23:00 AM

I got a trial size of this and was excited to try it, unfortunately it gives me a bad case of spider lashes. This mascara lengthens well, but it's not enough to make up for the fact that it always seems to clump up my lashes badly. My sister had a similar, though unrelated, experience with this mascara. Too bad.

on 6/4/2013 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I recieved a sample size of this mascara for my birthday from Sephora and was super excited since I had heard wonderful things. I have to say I love it. I never used to get excited about mascara, I have used Loreal Volumptuous waterproof (shout out for that mascara, I still love it) but this one really makes my eyes POP.. and I wish I hadnt found it, because now I really want to fork out the money to buy a full tube when the sample runs out. But its worth it. The only thing is it is not waterproof. I always wear water proof, so I was shocked when I cut an onion the other day and my eyes looked like a racoon. Other than that its awesome.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Unfortunately...this mascara did NOT work out for me. I really wanted it to..and kept trying to get myself to like it, because it's so popular! I'm probably the only one that feels this way, but I HATE it. Makes my lashes brittle, clumpy, and the complete opposite of what it says it will do. I don't get it the hype!

on 6/4/2013 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I had been curious about this mascara for months, because I think everyone and their sister has tried it. However, because I wear false lashes every day, mascara is not something I typically splurge on. I was excited to get this in the mini size from Sephora as a birthday present, so I could finally try it! I typically don't love plastic wands, because I feel that they usually add separation and length over volume, but this one actually gives a good bit of everything. Be careful though, because if you don't like that heavy mascara, slightly clumpy look, this may not be the mascara for you. Any more than two coats and you're in spider lash territory with this (just Google some images, you'll see what I mean). The little spiky ball on the end is really cool and useful at coating all of your little lashes. I didn't love this so much for my bottom lashes, though. I find that it makes them quite clumpy and it sometimes transfers to my undereye area. My recommendation is, if you're on the fence about this product, I'd definitely say it's worth a try. Maybe just opt for the .14 ounce Mini version for $10 to see if you like it, rather than paying $23 for the Full .30 ounce version. (Just keep in mind if you do opt for the mini, the rather short wand can be somewhat cumbersome.)

EDIT: I forgot to mention, this mascara is a bit of a pain in the butt to remove. It's not quite waterproof, but you'll need a good eye makeup remover to remove this.

I absolutely love this mascara!! I received it for Christmas in 2012, so I have been using it for nearly six months now. I have really been happy with the use of this mascara. It gives a lot of volume and length to my lashes with just a few coats. The only problem I have with it is that the price is a bit too extravagant for a mascara. Fair enough it is from a brilliant brand, I absolutely love Benefit, but I think the price of it might scare people away, but trust me, it's definitely worth the buy! There is also a smaller bottle for about £9.50 sold in the UK if you want to test it first.

on 6/2/2013 9:03:00 PM

I got this product as a birthday gift from sephora so I can't speak for the price and the packaging. I love the wand. The spikey dome really does a great job of reaching those tiny, hard to get to hairs. It coats well but doesn't cause spider lashes, even after layering on a second coat. The mascara itself is really awesome too. Not crumbling or smearing. It dried fast so no black dots on my skin where the lashes touched. It also lasts but comes off easily with baby oil :)

on 6/2/2013 5:38:00 PM

The best mascara I have ever used..... Gives wonderful results tho I would say your lashes don't quite look like the pictures on the box but genuinely the closest thing u can get to falsies without wearing falsies :-)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

After using the sample size which came free with June's Elle magazine, I have to say that I have honestly been asked if my eyelashes are real or inserts! Mascara has to be a winner in two ways, the formula and the brush. Whilst the brush for this product looks like the type you get on cheaper chemist-bought mascaras, it works well to build up the the product on your lashes. I find using the tip of the brush on the outer corners really works to build volume. At £19.50 it's a pretty good competitor compared to Diorshow and Lancôme Hypnose which also retail at the £20 mark. Highly recommend this for people looking for more volume in their lashes!

Popular Mascaras