Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 8/21/2010 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

You can rock so many different looks with this liner. Waterline, tightline, cat eye, winged, etc. Sometimes I do like to dust with a little black shadow just for insurance but it's not necessary. $8.49 at Target. Purchased black. I am actually using the brush that came with it. I expected it to be garbage like most brushes that come with a product but the checkout girl at Target gave it such a glowing review that I used it before automatically tossing it and so glad I did. I also plan on purchasing the other colors. I prev used AL gel liner but this is a better product.

on 8/18/2010 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this! It stays on super well and I love how natural it is ( I have brown) and it looks SUPER pretty on my eyes (which are a dark green-ish color) Plus the stuff stays on REALLY good, ( it stayed on through a shower without smearing) Also the brush is really good, it you wanted to do a more dramatic eye cat-style eye I would use an angle brush though. But for my natural everyday style the brush is fine. The packaging is CUTE, but it doesn't come with a lot of product, but for such amazing quality $8 @ target isn't so bad. This is one of the ONLY products I will ever repurchase!! (I'll probably go soon to get another color)

on 8/17/2010 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I initially bought the gel liner in brown and loved it so much that I went out and bought it in eggplant. The packaging is just like the high-end packaging (bobbi brown, mac, etc.) plus it comes with a cheapie brush that actually works great! It lasts all day without smudging or budging even an inch. I've had it for about 6 months and it hasn't dried out on me yet. Overall, it's a great product and comparable to the bobbi brown gel liner. The major difference is the texture--bobbi brown is smoother, almost like a whipped airy mouse, whereas the maybelline gel liner is not as whipped (but the difference in texture has no affect on how the products go on your lash line). My only complaint is with the gummy/rubbery residue it leaves behind. Other than that...GREAT product and HIGHLY recommended!

I bought this on a whim at CVS. First time I've ever used a liner in this form. Done the pencils, liquid, marker, ect. I love how smooth this glides on and amazing color payoff. A big tricky to manuever the brush at first, but not much harder than using liquid liner. Staying power was amazing and it appears his little jar will last a very long time. Great if you are looking for dark, dramatic liner.

UPDATE: This smudges bit time on me!! I love the color intensity and smoothness, but I look like a cracked out racoon by the end of the day.

on 8/15/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is amazing. When wore on your upper lash line or lid, especially if you set your waterline with translucent face powder, then this gel will last (literally) all day.
When set on top of black eye shadow or translucent face powder, it lasts around 6 to 7 hours before smudging. That's a long time. Then, even when it does smudge, it's barely. It's that kind of smudging where it's remotely tolerable.

The color payoff is magnificent. For those who don't know, there's two black versions---one in "Blackest Black" which is the very definition of INTENSE COLOR PAY OFF! Then there's "Charcoal", a blackish gray hue.

Being a pale NW20 myself, I liked the effect of "Charcoal on me better than "Blackest Black" as the contrast fit better with my skin tone and the gray undertone really helped bring out my blue eyes as well.

Also, let's not forget the brush. It's simply amazing. It's small enough to get perfectly into my water line, and it's even great for tight lining, though I wouldn't recommend Maybelline's gel liner for doing so as it transfers and smudges quite quickly this way.

Would I purchase again? Definitely.

on 8/14/2010 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really love this liner! I bought this to replace my Buxom one which I was pretty unhappy with as it really isn't as pigmented as I'd like. This Maybelline one is so much better! (And cheaper!) It's really pigmented and will last all day, even if you go swimming or sweat, but will come off right away with makeup remover. I love this stuff, it's great. I'll defff repurchase :D

on 8/14/2010 9:36:00 PM

I was surprised that this gel liner cooperated with me. A gel eyeliner I tried previously smeared after a few hours but this one did not. I deduct one lippy for the stiffy brush and the dry formulation. I thought it would be smooooth consistency and a more maneuverable brush.

on 8/14/2010 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this, I have it in brown! It looks amazing, the color is extremely similar to MAC's fluidline in the brown color they have. I only purchased it recently and if it dries out in 6 months as the reviews say, it'll be worth it! I got it on sale for $11.00CAD, which is a steal up here! :)

on 8/13/2010 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This eyeliner is amazing! It's honestly better than the MAC version, which I found flakes after a few hours. This stuff does NOT budge, and it's super dark ( I bought blackest black). Ive worn it while swimming, in the rain and in hot tropical weather. At the end of the day it looks freshly applied. Also, the brush that comes with it is awesome. I expected it to be crap but it works so well with a little practice.

on 8/12/2010 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Fantastic. I bought this in black. The lines come out perfectly, although sometimes a little too thick for my liking. I want to try this in eggplant next. The brush is great and the pigmentation is fine after you get down to the colour below the first layer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials