Graftobian HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

4.1

Caprylic/Capric/Triglyceride, Octyl Palmitate, Carnauba Wax, Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Bees Wax, Ozokerite Wax, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, PTFE, BHA, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, N-Butylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Talc, Ultramarines.

on 10/16/2010 7:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Got a $3.99 sample size in Bombshell from Paint and Powder Store. Just newly out of a 5 year relationship with Sheer Cover. At the time we first hooked up, all the other foundations were just trying to get into my pores and I needed one that looked great and performed well and could last through 12 hour shifts. I'm in late 30's (ouch, that's flippin' awful outloud) now and have more demands and need way more coverage. I haven't used anything other than powder in all that time. I've fooled around with Ben recently and like the pancakes, his concealers, I find too oily for me though as are the creme and matte foundations. I tried Mehron pancake and found the perfect color and if anyone can match Mehron Starblend Cake in Extra Fair to a Kryolan cake or powder foundation, please let me know. I love the Graftobian Hi Def Pro Powder in Fair Maiden and ordered this creme version sample too at the same time but wasn't really thrilled with it because it soaked into pores like every other creme or liquid base. I like the color very much. I have not figured out how to prime well. I have several primey products but am still trying to tweak application. I know this may be wasteful and weird but I buffed some of the creme over my powder application and I really liked the way it looked. I have the lightest in the powder version, which I didn't find light enough and this seemed to lighten it up nicely. Which led me to believe that maybe the perfect primer for my difficult skin would be one made of powder or Kilz. I have experimented with milk of mag as primer and I like it. I also learned by reading reviews(thank you all so much, enormous help to me!) that I don't know how the heck to apply this and was just blobbing it on like regular liquid or creme foundation. I am going to try it with the brushes you gals use and am also definitely going to come up with a powder prime. I have my first and heavily anticipated TKB order arriving soon and since I needed a SPF solution with my Ben Nye cakes, the Z-Cotes should be great for this sort of thing. I ordered the silica spheres, allantoin and magnesium stearate powders as well for my mad scientist experiment to mash all together with mortar and pestle while laughing maniacally and then I'll smush the neon mixture onto my face while shouting, ALIVE, ALIVE! muah ha ha ha

on 10/15/2010 10:21:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I've been out of work for a while due to some medical issues so I have been "shopping my stash"; I have enough foundations to last me a good amount of time in spite of trying to convince myself otherwise.I decided to rediscover the Graftobian, which I bought last winter and have used a handful of times.
Don't get this if you're on a time constraint; this takes time to buff in and blend so it doesn't sit on the skin and look ghastly. Secondly, get a flocked sponge, dampen it and use that to apply with. I think a foundation brush would work well too. Since moving south my skin has been more combination to normal, rather than combo to dry; I no longer have the "getting stuck in my small pores" problem BUT I do have the medication fueled facial flushing.I need medium to full coverage now because of it and this works well.
I don't mind saying (especially if it helps someone else out) I am in the tail end of my 30's,and while acne has never been an issue I AM starting to see the lines cropping up here and there.This foundation doesn't make me look 25 and I don't expect it to; what it does do is blend in seamlessly,perfect color match (I'm NC20,BB Warm Ivory,MUFE 20 in F&B, EL DW Shell.) It's really inexpensive and wears nicely; get a sample size if you're unsure of what color to go with.
Sorry! ETA: the color that worked the best is Prima Donna; thank you to the sweet member who messaged me and asked :) I had inadvertently left that out.

on 10/14/2010 10:44:00 AM

I am a MUA and bought the Warm 1 and Cool 1 palettes from camerareadycosmetics.com - I would say the Warm 1 palette covers pretty much the MAC NC15-NC30 range without being too yellow. Most of my clients are Chinese by descent and so I hardly reach for the Cool palette which is a bit too distinctly pink for my liking, but I do use that from time to time as a concealer.

Very handy to have 10 foundations in two tiny tiny palettes rather than, say, 5 bottles, or even just 3, of liquid foundation to mix and match. They are light and so easy to pack and for that, I love it. The coverage can be built to full, I find, if you dab it on with a sponge (or a brush..), I have covered aging spots for TV filming successfully with this product without it looking cakey.

Wonderfully creamy product that is very blendable and easy to work with- warning: it CAN look a little heavy in person but photographs/films so beautifully. I use a silicone-based primer (for me, that is Cinema Secrets primer) with this and set with a transparent powder (like MUFE HD powder, MAC Prep and Prime powder or Coastal Scents Silica spheres or such) for a matte finish Not so good for use in hot and humid weather, I really would just recommend this for make up artists for their kit if you live in my sort of tropical climate. I can definitely see this working as a day to day foundation for someone in a drier, cooler place.

Love that gossmakeupartist also recommended this!

on 10/13/2010 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I am a MUA, so I needed something that would have a variety of colors for my clientele. I must say that this was exactly what I was looking for! You can mix and match colors to fit what you need, and the coverage is awesome. I will note that you will need a good powder and setting spray when applying. It is creamy and will get on your clothes, just like most makeup. Good product though! Looks wonderful in photos and on video.

on 10/13/2010 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I had been looking for a medium to full coverage foundation that matched my skin tone and had a finish that I liked. Graftobian's Creme foundation is as close to perfect as is possible. I really like the finish, which I think of as milky, and I can build the coverage to cover most of what I want to hide and still look natural. The color match is more than great -- it is close to perfect. I use Bombshell and for a point of reference in MAC I am a NW15. Finally, the price is very reasonable. I highly recommend giving this foundation a try, but keep in mind the following. There is a learning curve with this foundation. When people say a little goes a long way, they are not kidding. If you put too much on, it can look pretty bad. You may have to play around with how you apply it.

on 10/13/2010 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was tired of paying $42 for my foundation and figured I had nothing to lose by trying this. I was a little concerned that it might end up looking cakey, but it didn't. Flawless, smooth, perfect coverage at an amazing price. My new HG foundation.

on 10/6/2010 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This stuff is kind of amazing. I had unfairly high hopes for it when I bought it, but it still exceeded those expectations. The most important thing to note is how stunningly little of the product is necessary. I read reviews all the time talking about how little you need to cover your face, but I didn't think it could be possible. It totally is! Dude!

I was able to find a color for my milky skin, which is already amazing enough. I use a Sonia Kashuk flat top brush, tap it once (seriously) into the foundation, and buff it into my skin. I repeat until I've covered my whole face, taking care not to layer too much. Typically, I can't even see the product going on to the skin, I can just see imperfections disappearing. People say that sometimes and it sounds like bullshit, but I really mean it! Really!

I moisturize heavily but my skin is dry, and I have had very minimal problems with this emphasizing my dry spots. It's only an issue if I use too much, which is really really easy. If you feel like this foundation is highlighting your flaky skin or pores, use less. Way less. You'll be shocked how good it can look if you go easy, and SHOCKED how HORRIBLE it can look if you use too much.

And anyway it's really cheap. Just try it.

Update! 10/26/2010: In my quest to make the application of this foundation more fool proof while still getting a lot of coverage, I've started using it a little differently! I swipe it onto my face with my index finger, spray with M.A.C. Fix+, and buff it into the skin. This way, I can mostly avoid the problem of accidentally using too much and emphasizing my dryness. The result is seriously stunning and bright, and I've been getting a ton of compliments on my skin lately, even though I'm actually really broken out. This stuff is so amazing.

on 10/3/2010 12:13:00 PM

the worst ever if you have large pores and not perfect skin do not buy it settle in every pores make your face look like a mask I bought aurora this shade is ok but the way it looks on my skin is horrible the worst spend money I will stick to revlon colorstay

on 9/28/2010 1:44:00 PM

Outside of my fervent search for the perfect sunscreen, I don't think I've had higher hopes for a product. All the raves about Graftobian had me convinced that this would be the HG of foundations. I ordered three samples from Camera Ready Comestics (in Bombshell, Graceful Swan, and Ingenue, with Ingenue being the best match of the three).
To begin, the coverage is definitely not full-if you have any acne scars, patches caused by hyperpigmentation, or dark undereye cicles, I don't think that this will succesfully cover them. You'd have to really pack it on (and that of course would look very unnatural). Medium is realistically the most coverage you will achieve with this. Confirming what others have said already, you only need a small amount of product. I was definitely surprised to find that the initially small (I thought) amount I used was too much. If your skin is on the drier side (like mine), you'll need to have a *very* moistuized face before application or you won't achieve a nice finish. Although this is a creme, it's not dewy in the least. I have had such a difficult time infusing moisture into my increasingly dry facial skin. Consequently, the finish with this often ends up being slightly cakey and streaky (even though I use a damp sponge to apply it). I recently attended an outdoor wedding-we were all sweating like pigs and I felt as though my makeup was melting off. But lo and behold, I found that the perspiration had helped this to meld into my skin and for the first time, it imparted a soft, glowy effect. So I should think that it would work wonderfully on those with oilier complexions. Personally, I'll be waiting to order the full size until my sebum production is adequate enough.

on 9/24/2010 3:36:00 AM

I bought this foundation thanks to Gossmakeup and I love it!!!!I dont have the best looking skin and I really like to go for full coverage.I love Revlon colorstay but is diffiult for me to get it and it is the same price than Graftobian so I wet with Graftobian and I am glad.I apply it with the beauty blender and is fantastic,You don't use that much and i get 99%coverage, I only have to use concealer on my dark circles.I love this foundation.

Popular Crème Foundations